**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• BasNLBasNL Posts: 52
    This game is a disgrace.

I try to become Throne breaker. For that I need to defeat The Champion. The first of that fight is absolutely doable. But the last 10%... With the dexing issue it's most often not registered as a dex. As the time window is really, really small.

This game is so frustrating when you try to progress. And the worst part, Kabam doesn't care. They made act 7 apparently easier. I guess for those TB that invested a lot of money.
  • adidas08adidas08 Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: adidas08
    Device and Model: Galaxy s20
    Device Operating System: android 9
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 34.01
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: after logging in the game about 2-3 minutes (roughly 1 arena fight), the apps automatically forced shut down or black out.
  • adidas08adidas08 Posts: 7
    Are we just to post the problem here without been attending?

The apps keep shutting off after 1 or 2 fights.

How are we to address the problem.
  • StJOHN_IIIStJOHN_III Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: St.JOHN_III
    Device Model: Redmi 8
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Cellular or Wifi: Both
    Game Version: 34.1.0
    Game Mode: Game doesn't work everytime when i use Quake..
    Description:- Whenever i Use Quake, the game doesn't work, i hold heavy but she dashes and attack on her own.. I dash backwards, it jst stands still.. I lost many revives because of this, please fix it..
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    It's not getting better. With each iteration, a minor few get fixed, and 10 added. I used to love this game, playing with friends, attacking content... but honestly, I took a flyer and spent over July 4 based on promises made by kabam, I'd rather have my money back. Should have kept my resolve, or rather, you should have kept your promises.
  • vomelunvomelun Posts: 16

In-Game Name: vomelun
    Device and Model: Lenovo tab m10 plus
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 34.1.0
    Game Mode: war, incursions, and quest
    Description of the Issue: well... it is announced you are going to fix parry and other issues In battle and you will be taking out the compensation item. but what about when you are entering in battle on war or quest and the screen became frozen and doesn't enter and you lose have of your champion life? you would be fixing that too? because I am using mostly the compensation items on that issue.... I have lost 75% of my maxed-out warlock life because the game froze twice, in separated occasions, and yes, I did restart my device before. so fix that to please because is very annoying. you have another problem in coding. when you are going to receive the cata price in the daily mission. most of the time the game get stuck and we have to restart it manualy
  • Danny_FR1993Danny_FR1993 Posts: 1
    edited April 2022
    Ive just been fighting the main boss in our war group I timed out and as the screen reloaded to take me back to the wer page the boss was back to full health... so i used more items to heal my champio back to full health and went back in for a second time... this time I didn't time out & beat the boss... the screen came up saying victory... but AGAIN when I reloaded the screen back into war the boss was back up to full health... two times... wasted items & added to the kill count...

• BasNLBasNL Posts: 52
    Here I am again...

Stop sending us pitty compensation. I just gave away 2 deaths in AW because of parry not landing. Most likely to loose this war.

Don't progress to new additions like the ridiculous Paragorn title (and subsequent bad rewards for TB), but fix your most basic things in game like parry and dexterity.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    Costing me another boss solo bc inputs lagged so far behind so thank you for that lol
  • Shakti4allShakti4all Posts: 120
    In-Game Name: Shakti4all
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    Device Operating System: Android 12 - OneUi 4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: Opt-in Beta
    All content, arena, story quests, alliance quest, event quest and incursions
    Description of the Issue:
    Parry doesn't work
    Dex Doesn't work
    Interception is off
  • TylerTyler Posts: 37
    Sick of lag and can't block or move because controls will not work and spending lots of money and getting **** with crystals this game is really unplayable if it isn't fixed I'm definitely putting this game down the trash bin not happy at all at 3.2 million I'm sick of these problems
  • Eviking55Eviking55 Posts: 1
    Hello, I have had a recent problem with my gold crystals saying they are giving me a certain amount of gold, but then actually getting much less to use. It is frustrating and this is not the only time this has occurred. I have screen shots showing this.
  • atifmfcatifmfc Posts: 4
    edited May 2022
    Does this qualify for a lag?? I am facing it for months now. Changed device also and using s21 ultra 5g. No improvement.

• atifmfcatifmfc Posts: 4
    Have been playing for over 6 yrs now and have spent a lot money on this game. But last few months have been frustrating. Weekly compensation are just not needed. Please fix it . That's all we need
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★
    Lag has been awful for such a long time. I'll only do easy content because it isn't worth it; no chance I keep an Aegon combo up. Moto g stylus 2021.
  • UnforgvnUnforgvn Posts: 47

Here's from Kabam ticket..

Your request "Increasing input drops issue with Ver 35 with/without Opt-in Beta" (Ticket #257251) has been updated.

Greetings Summoner,

Thank you for the response about your concern with regards to the input issues with or without opt-in Beta. I understand that you still encountered the issue after troubleshooting.

First, I wanted to share with you that the beta changes are meant to assist players on iOS and that we are not currently aware of any game problems with inputs on Android. However, we have noted your report. We also noted your feedback about Controls and Inputs Beta and shared it with The Contest team, and thank you for taking the time to share your ideas! We really appreciate it when players share feedback with us to help make the game better!

Another way to share your ideas directly with the team is by posting on our forums:

Suggestions and Requests
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/categories/suggestion

The forums are a great place to share ideas! We have a marvelous player community that loves to explore the details and design of Marvel Contest of Champions. You can share your ideas and learn about what changes other players want in the game.

Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Best regards,
    Rick
    Kabam Support

@Kabam Zibiit This thread is 79 pages long. But based on this support response all of these issues are what? I would love a little clarity on what that support team member ment buy that statement?

I have been playing this game for about 4 years now and started on a galaxy s7 then moved to the s10 when it first came out and then preodered my current phone, a s21 Ultra. So as an Android user that has had multiple input issues over the years (which has been worse since last July)I would love the reasoning on this.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    I am having way more problems with loading times between screens and the game hanging when trying to enter or during fight win sequence, sometimes for close to 10 minutes, I am getting disconnected when trying to load and the stutter or slideshow behavior when trying to fight is ridiculous. All of this has started since the new version 35 update so clearly something is wrong with a new update yet again.

Moto G Power (2020)
    Android 11
    WiFi and cellular (no problems with any other online activities outside of the game)
    Version 35
    All game modes
    Both with opt in beta on and off
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    If people ever felt that it would be listened to or worked on this would be several hundred pages long. Many have just given up trying to get things fixed.... no known issues... smh. Exactly why android users feel ignored.
  • vomelunvomelun Posts: 16
    In-Game Name: vomelun
    Device and Model: Lenovo tan M10 plus
    Cellular or WiFi: wifi 5g
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Still waiting to pass the screen. The screenshot was taking from a video chat i can not upload. Aq, dar and incursión.
  • Kenny1887Kenny1887 Posts: 15
    Ign kenny1887
    Device -samsung a52
    Operating system -android 12
    Both wifi and data
    Game version- newest
    My Champs throwing specials at random, was issue last month, even worse now, extremely frustrating, happens in all game modes, aq, side quest, monthly eq, and arena.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Phone: two samsungs, including pretty much best available
    Both wifi and data
    Happens: Like an on and off switch

This beta was per above (and mentioned before) not even for android users. However on the first few beta days, the game worked crazy good, not perfect, but way better. After that it is like they tweaked something and it was back to the same nonsense or worse. Parry not working, enemies hitting you after your sp3 with no time to react, mediums turning into light attacks or heavies.

I'm not sure they aren't just turning it off and/or making tweaks mid beta.
  • Ranger1221Ranger1221 Posts: 6
    In-Game Name: Ranger1221
    Device and Model: Galaxy s20+
    Device Operating System: 12
    Cellular or WiFi: cell
    Game Version Installed: 35
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Event quest
    Description of the Issue: heavy is not recording/performing. About 3/10 of the time I attempt a heavy after a parry, my champ just stands there doing nothing
  • Kiddx07Kiddx07 Posts: 6
    In-Game Name: kiddx07

Device and Model: galaxy note 20 ultra 5G

Device Operating System: Android version 12

Cellular or WiFi: Both

Game Version Installed: 1215409 (number it shows in game settings right underneath where it says forums)

Game Mode: its happened in everything from war to aq and story

Description of the Issue: currently can't finish my 100% vs grandmaster because the game isn't registering my swipes for dex or intercept died 2 times in the previous war and used items in aq because of this issue its almost as if the game isn't sensing my fingers at weird times in the fight I've cleaned my screen with alcohol and everything no scratches or cracks on my screen either I also you swipe to text and I'm having no issue typing (swiping) to get my messages

Thanks for the template and chance to explain my issues
  • VollmondumVollmondum Posts: 36
    edited May 2022
    In-Game Name: Vollmondum
    Device and Model: Galaxy Note 3
    Device Operating System: 11
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 32+
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Stuck at Act 6.1.3. Got to Thing, just before Ghost boss.
    - the game crashes just before the battle is loaded
    - during final hit of Thing's SP1
    - Had over 50 attempts
    It's connected with recent updates' bugs when you can't do over 3 battles without a crash.
    Sometimes it crashes on Heal menu loading heal icons.

Also many crashes on special attacks on any character. It crashes first, then you restart the game and SP goes just fine. Can do 2-3 battles and then everything starts over.

Same issues for iPad Mini 2 with latest iOS.
  • Scratchmaster23Scratchmaster23 Posts: 165 ★★
    edited May 2022
    In-game name : Scratchmaster23
    Device : Oneplus 8T
    Android version : 12
    Network: wifi or cellular
    Game mode : All
    Game version installed : latest version
    Processor: Qualcom Snapdragon 865 Octa-Core.
    Issues...
    Game crashes, connection signal of doom happens alot. Missed parries, block, cannot dex or evade far enough away from any oppt so always get hit into block so annoying for some content. Have my sps blocked alot of time, oppt instantly fires into sp even when dizzy or stunned. Some champs mechanics seem to be off but most noticeable is tigra, sps always get blocked even though supposed to be unblockable, also when hold heavy she still gets hit with projectiles all of these are what supposed to make her a different choice champ to use 😔
  • PsyGrinder_XPsyGrinder_X Posts: 58
    In game name: Psygrinder-x

Device and Version: Galaxy S8

Device Operating System: Android 9 - Kernel version 4.4.153-17214672

Mobile Carrier: AT&T

Cellular or WiFi: Wifi

Game Version Installed: 35.0.1

Game Mode: Alliance Quest

Champions Affected: Cable

Active Boosts: none

Description of the Issue: approx 7:15 am EDT May 19th 2022 One time in the fight on dash back, Cable just stood there. Twice on block, nothing happened and the defender did a 5 hit combo into Cable. I was fighting a Drax.