**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battleground Refresh Timers

While I'll start of saying I'm not the biggest fan of the champion refresh timers or the 45 unit cost, I've resigned myself to the thought that they will be a part of this mode in some form. My issue after logging in this morning is that the 6 hour timer only starts when I FULLY deplete my champion of uses. I woke up this morning thinking I would be fully charged and ready to do a few rounds of BG, but instead, several of my champs were only sitting at 1 of 3 energy. If refresh timers and the unit cost are going to stay, please find a better way. As a possible suggestion, just have the champs passively refresh 1 energy every 2 hours. This would allow people to maybe play a little more often, but also stick to a 6 hour timer for a full energy reset.
@Kabam Miike

Comments

• I agree. The timer should be like energies are for different gane modes, the timer starts as soon as 1 energy is used. Having it not start until fully depleted is difficult especially if you have a champ that keeps getting banned so you're not able to use the final energy until another few rounds
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Yep, that’s a really bad way to have it work. Either have each energy recharge at 2 hours a go (so a champ at 2 energy can go to 3 after 2 hours), or start the 6 hour timer from the first time a champ loses energy. (So if you use the champ once, then 1 hour later again, then 2 hours later again. By the end, when the champ loses their last energy, you only wait 3 hours for them to go back to full.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Wow this is stupid. This is probably the first game I have seen this implemented this so badly. If something refreshes and is capped, then waiting for refresh until it is fully depleted is horrible, just horrible.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Yep, that’s a really bad way to have it work. Either have each energy recharge at 2 hours a go (so a champ at 2 energy can go to 3 after 2 hours), or start the 6 hour timer from the first time a champ loses energy. (So if you use the champ once, then 1 hour later again, then 2 hours later again. By the end, when the champ loses their last energy, you only wait 3 hours for them to go back to full.

It's is quite a poor setup. I'm fine with the cooldowns and refresh costs but if we're only going to gain one energy at a time, the timer should start after the first energy is used.

It's is quite a poor setup. I'm fine with the cooldowns and refresh costs but if we're only going to gain one energy at a time, the timer should start after the first energy is used.
    Completely agreed. I get why we have to have cooldowns and energy costs. Hopefully some slight tweaking happens with those, but by and large I think they’re reasonable. Add in some items that can refresh a champs stamina for you, put them in objectives for BGs and that’s a great compromise. 45 units is too much, but there’s a reason we don’t complain about energy and that’s because we don’t need to spend 30 units to get them if we have items.

But the 6 hour cooldown set up is bad, that 100% needs tweaking
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 757 ★★★
    This is especially bad, because if (and I stress if) I wanted to pay a nominal amount of the 45 unit cost, so that champs would refresh... I can't.

If there wasn't an energy cost to playing, I'd consider tanking a match just to get my key folks down into refresh range, but even that isn't practical.

So basically instead of a deck of 30 heroes, you really also need a sideboard (borrowing from CCG) of another 10 or so heroes to swap in, and still try to be competitive.

I think kabam pretty quickly will see no one is spending 45 units for a refresh... and needs to lower that cost to at most 5 units... but ideally, I like the idea of using gold more... may make it 200 gold.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    A good feedback thread.
    @Kabam Miike this one is quiet constructive.
  • NihalFayazNihalFayaz Posts: 73 ★★
    The game mode is fun. But now i find my game a little bit more stressful. But I think that is subjective.
    But I hope in future Kabam instead of inserting new modes. Improve on the existing ones.

But I hope in future Kabam instead of inserting new modes. Improve on the existing ones.

They can do both though
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    So it’s really 18 hours to fully refresh a champ??
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Just lost 45 units today because I thought in the beta they're only taking 1 gold for the refresh.

I checked this for the first 4-5 refreshes and the only time that I clicked quickly, it was 45 units.

Wtf kabam.

I don’t think so, I think once you get to 0 charges then it’s 6 hours and they’re full. But the 6 hour timer doesn’t start until they’re at 0. So if you leave them at 1 for 10 hours, then use them once and they get to 0, you have another 6 hours to wait. It’s not a great system if I’m understanding it right
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★
    I’m not sure how it works, because I had the opposite happen. I played one round of Battlegrounds before going to bed last night, and when I woke up all my champs were at 3/3 charges. Not sure why we seem to be having inconsistent experiences with this.
    Wicket329 said:

I’m not sure how it works, because I had the opposite happen. I played one round of Battlegrounds before going to bed last night, and when I woke up all my champs were at 3/3 charges. Not sure why we seem to be having inconsistent experiences with this.

I assumed it changed this beta, because last time I distinctly remember having a champion lose all 3 stamina and checking, then they had 4 hours left on their timer.

To be fair, I haven’t ran out of stamina with a champion this beta. Have only played 3 matches or so, been too busy with war
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

I don’t think so, I think once you get to 0 charges then it’s 6 hours and they’re full. But the 6 hour timer doesn’t start until they’re at 0. So if you leave them at 1 for 10 hours, then use them once and they get to 0, you have another 6 hours to wait. It’s not a great system if I’m understanding it right
    This is not how it should work, and not what I experienced... I had a few Champs at 1 or 2 Charges and overnight, they're back to 3. It should be 6 hours per Charge, and should start when you've used 1.

Please remember that this is a Beta, and we need to be testing out these Recharge Times and costs as well. It's always easier to take these things down than it is to increase them, especially when the mode is live.
    This doesn't seem to be consistent then. I have two champs that I used 13 hours ago and have not used since and they are both still sitting on 1 charge. When some of champs have gone on cooldown the timing has also ranged anywhere between 3 hours to 6 hours which also doesn't seem consistent. It would be great if we could see time per charge as others here have stated.

This is not how it should work, and not what I experienced... I had a few Champs at 1 or 2 Charges and overnight, they're back to 3. It should be 6 hours per Charge, and should start when you've used 1.

Please remember that this is a Beta, and we need to be testing out these Recharge Times and costs as well. It's always easier to take these things down than it is to increase them, especially when the mode is live.
    Ah, so it is supposed to take 18 hours to refresh?

Not sure how I feel about that, I was alright if it was 6 hours per champ. But 18 hours feels like across the reasonable line to me. I’ll keep testing, but I’m not too keen

Regarding how it works, I seem to be seeing the same as you Miike. Checked my deck and some champs I’d used once this morning were back on 3, and some I’d used 2 times were on 2. So it seems to be functioning the right way.

I was going off what I’d heard, hadn’t had enough time to test BGs myself :)
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Looks like it’s not recharging correctly. I went to bed last night around 11pm and did my final bg round. I have my annihilius at 1 charge left. When I woke up this morning to do 1 round of bg. He was still at 1 charge and I had to sit him after one round.
  • McCloud33McCloud33 Posts: 43

@Kabam Miike Thanks for the answer, but I also have to disagree that my experience is not what you're stating. Once the champ goes on cooldown, you're correct that it seems to be a 6 hour timer, but if they've been sitting at 1 charge and never reached zero, they just sit there with 1 charge.

I understand this is a beta and hopefully you're hearing from the community on this how it is not IS NOT how the majority of us would like it. It is by far the most fun game mode since I've been playing for over 6 years and just want this to be good. Oh, and please find a way to ban the cheaters and catch them early. We as players should not have to report it every time.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    It’d be nice to have a straight answer. Is it really supposed to be 18 hours to recharge a champ ?

If so, ouch…. Huge detriment to the fun that is supposed to be battlegrounds .

It’d be nice to have a straight answer. Is it really supposed to be 18 hours to recharge a champ ?

If so, ouch…. Huge detriment to the fun that is supposed to be battlegrounds .

I agree, that’s a pretty strong disincentive for me. I was under the impression it was 6 hours total, not 18.

My one source of optimism is that Miike says that it’s easier to take things down than up after the beta, which makes sense. But if this goes live at 18, I really won’t be too excited about that aspect
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

The issue here is that initially the cost was 1 gold and without warning after seemingly a random number of refreshes the cost became 45 units.

People have been clicking and losing units.

That's just not right. Keep a certain cost, why is it varying ?