**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Steel Yourself Summoner! The Trials of Madness Await you this May!

Comments

• KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 221 ★★★

DrZola said:

It's possible the Rewards were considered alongside Battlegrounds and what we could potentially get in total.

If that’s true, the event is even worse.

Dr. Zola
    I wouldn't necessarily say it's part of the Event, but it does go into the overall pot of available Resources in a month.
    It's amazing how often some people contradict themselves.
    I'm not contradicting myself. The Battlegrounds Beta isn't technically a part of the Event, but in terms of the total Rewards we can possibly earn over the month, it adds to it. All available Rewards within a set period are a part of balancing.
    If that nonsense was correct then why didn’t the SQ rewards get nerfed last month when it had spring cleaning?

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Kiptonade said:

DrZola said:

It's possible the Rewards were considered alongside Battlegrounds and what we could potentially get in total.

Dr. Zola
    I wouldn't necessarily say it's part of the Event, but it does go into the overall pot of available Resources in a month.
    I'm not contradicting myself. The Battlegrounds Beta isn't technically a part of the Event, but in terms of the total Rewards we can possibly earn over the month, it adds to it. All available Rewards within a set period are a part of balancing.
    If that nonsense was correct then why didn’t the SQ rewards get nerfed last month when it had spring cleaning?

Do you earn those or do you purchase them?
    There's a difference. Even purchases have limits. I know some people think that free vs. spending is supposed to be a tit for tat thing, but they're two different balancing factors.
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 221 ★★★

Kiptonade said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Most were free and more could be earned in Arena so you’re wrong.

• Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★
    Kiptonade said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Also there was a battlegrounds beta last month as as well which gave 5k six star shards.
    Kiptonade said:

Kiptonade said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Most were free and more could be earned in Arena so you’re wrong.

Most? No. A limited amount were free. You weren't getting the largest ones unless you spent.
    Plus the Rifts were based on RNG, so unless you used Keys, there was the possibility of rolling no Shards.
    Bottom line is Resources aren't just randomly added depending on the mood of the Devs. They're accounted for and balanced.
    If you're under the impression they don't consider all Resources in total people can earn in a month as a balancing factor, then I'm afraid I can't level with the existing logic. They're not monkeys at a typewriter.
    Just to add, anyone that's been around for some time knows that months vary. Some have more, some have less. Somehow people think it needs to be on an even or growing scale.
    Any idea how broken the system would be if they went up each month? Does your definition of sense only include what people want to see?
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★

Any idea how broken the system would be if they went up each month? Does your definition of sense only include what people want to see?

Any idea how broken your logic has been on this thread? It’s one thing to try to play devils advocate, it’s another to simply and predictably justify everything
    Noobda said:

Just to add, anyone that's been around for some time knows that months vary. Some have more, some have less. Somehow people think it needs to be on an even or growing scale.

I am playing this game before you joined this forums lmao. Don't play these games with me atleast. People have the right to criticize when the things are wrong. You will always come up with some weird logic or change the topic of the base discussion to argue and Its no point to argue with you. You are well famous among the forums for some special reasons we all know.
    Anything you would like to say on the topic I'm discussing as opposed to a personal comment about me? I've been playing the game long enough. I don't need to qualify. The point I was making is the history has shown it varies. Not that people are less experienced.
    People are free to criticize whatever they want. I certainly don't have the power to stop that. You think people aren't allowed to insert some common (or in this case uncommon) sense? Are we only allowed to criticize, or are we also allowed to use the information to make logical sense of things?
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★

Noobda said:

I am playing this game before you joined this forums lmao. Don't play these games with me atleast. People have the right to criticize when the things are wrong. You will always come up with some weird logic or change the topic of the base discussion to argue and Its no point to argue with you. You are well famous among the forums for some special reasons we all know.
    Anything you would like to say on the topic I'm discussing as opposed to a personal comment about me? I've been playing the game long enough. I don't need to qualify. The point I was making is the history has shown it varies. Not that people are less experienced.
    People are free to criticize whatever they want. I certainly don't have the power to stop that. You think people aren't allowed to insert some common (or in this case uncommon) sense? Are we only allowed to criticize, or are we also allowed to use the information to make logical sense of things?
    The comments critical of this SQ being the weakest in design and poorest in rewards are completely valid. It’d be nice if the community could have a conversation without you feeling the need to derail, distract and troll with your bad faith spam that mimics arguments.

Maybe try let other voices have a chance, than drowning them all out.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Ah hum @Kabam Miike where is the seven day trial ?
    I fought each day to get the boost but… can’t find Dormammu anywhere 🤷‍♂️

C’mon Dormammu i will make it as painless as possible ! Don’t be so shy ☺️
  • ChamwadChamwad Posts: 16
    How long is the trial of madness live for? 10am pdt is 5am here in New Zealand
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom Rewards vary month from month. But can you agree that even while varying this month has little 6 star shards? 4k from highest difficulty + battleground store shards (which is not the easiest to get them all) only totals to 11k. Not much
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Two 5-Stars. Already very good I think.

• These rewards suck like really not that many 6* shards at all and if this dormancy fight is like kabam say then they better upper the rewards

• Lleddyn2_2Lleddyn2_2 Posts: 8
    When is the Trial of Madness as we've done all 6 days of the event and back to day 1 again against spiderverse today. Where or when the 7th day Trial appear?
  • OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,140 ★★★★

Just finished day 7 and I have to say... really underwhelming rewards, totally not worth the effort. Definitely not doing it again.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    Why does the Dormammu quest cost so much more unnecessary energy than the other 6 quests?
  • NSlaNSla Posts: 14
    JessieS:
    Confirmed. Only 1 path, 1 difficulty per day
    Crine60 said:

Why does the Dormammu quest cost so much more unnecessary energy than the other 6 quests?

It's 20 some Energy. Once a week.