**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Steel Yourself Summoner! The Trials of Madness Await you this May!

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    @DrZola

It took me 40 rounds yesterday to finish the last objective. Ironically, 9 hulk fights was all that was left.

I did 80 or so rounds in the previous arena to get every other milestone (whatever 4.5million works out to, it's arena so I don't pay attention)

I tried mystic teams thinking that would suck out a class disadvantage, nope.

Agree that the milestones were not commensurate to the effort.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022

@DrZola

It took me 40 rounds yesterday to finish the last objective. Ironically, 9 hulk fights was all that was left.

I did 80 or so rounds in the previous arena to get every other milestone (whatever 4.5million works out to, it's arena so I don't pay attention)

That is nothing short of ridiculous. If I were a suspicious sort, I’d almost conclude it was designed to thwart the player.

But that’s crazy conspiracy stuff.

Dr. Zola

PS. Four rounds to start the evening and zero Hulk teams.
    My son was complaining last night, hunting a mystic team.

Maybe its because the last milestone means the frustration is higher when you don't see it since early on every team is worth points but in my opinion the teams should just rotate through each group.

I got nothing good from the crystals anyway haha.
  • DrZola said:

@DrZola

That is nothing short of ridiculous. If I were a suspicious sort, I’d almost conclude it was designed to thwart the player.

Dr. Zola

The Objectives are designed so that you should be able to get most, if not all of them, by completing the Trials throughout the month. You don't need to rush them right now!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Crine60 said:

Crine60 said:

Why does the Dormammu quest cost so much more unnecessary energy than the other 6 quests?

It's 20 some Energy. Once a week.
    It's 24 energy for that one once a week plus the other 8 I believe daily for the other 1 of 6 side quests we can do each day. My question was about why it is so much more energy (3x as much) than the other quests and why they put so many unnecessary empty spots and portals in to take up the energy.

I don't care if you think the energy cost is negligible. I am curious why the cost is so much more than the rest of the side quest content and can't remember offhand when we previously had different parts of a side quest that had such a large differential in required energy. I am not passing judgement on how much energy 24 points is but 3x as much as the others is what is drawing my attention.

Additionally, for some of the quest designs the portals are useful to not have to connect everything directly but since they started using them the designers have gone way overboard with them and they use them way more than is necessary just to add more cost to move and they actuality can make it more difficult to easily identify paths when scouting out a map because of how much jumping all over in different directions they do.
    This is a great deal of energy ironically. It's more because there are more Fights and more Rewards, and if 24 moves are a topic of contention, then we've lost ourselves somewhere.
  • DrZola said:

DrZola said:

@DrZola

Dr. Zola

The Objectives are designed so that you should be able to get most, if not all of them, by completing the Trials throughout the month. You don't need to rush them right now!
    Are you suggesting Summoners are supposed to exercise patience??? Bah!!!

Dr. Zola
    I know... I want the Crystal shards right away too. In theory, we shouldn't have added the Arena part to these ones, and just made sure that you can collect them all from the Quests.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★

Hey all, I want to clear up some of the confusion around this event:

We put in a lot of effort to make this version of Trials more player-friendly:

• All normal quests available all the time so you can't miss them
    • Extra keys
    • Picking class-specific rewards
    • Avoiding using entry limits
    • Using keys so players can quit if they choose a too hard/easy difficulty, etc.
    We may have wound up changing too many things all at once, so now the quest feels more experimental. The intent is very much:
    • You accrue keys just by logging in
    • Play the main quests at your leisure
    • Get boosts
    • When the Madness trial appears (every Tuesday) you cash in all your boosts and defeat Dormammu
    • Spend ancient remnants on class-based bundles
    • Repeat
    • Eventually, clear the solo objectives over the month
    Additionally, I think some of the confusion is coming from the fact that we sent the first Key (Sling Ring Charge) in a message, which offsets the Calendar. Players are getting a charge for the first Trial again when the Trial of Madness is on now.

We're going to keep all of these in mind for the future and continue to improve on it all.
    This was super helpful, really appreciate this communication @Kabam Miike . Just want to applaud your efforts to clear up some of the less clear parts on this one.
    I don't mind them being in the arena but please consider tweaking how they appear so its a little more consistent, if we knew XXX rounds would hit the full objectives, over the month, everyone can plan around that.

Even its own arena with the shards as milestones would be alright by me.

• Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Still confused. So if you completed the legendary quests this week, will we run them again next week? Or will the charges now only allow you to do the lower difficulties?

• Extra keys
    • Using keys so players can quit if they choose a too hard/easy difficulty, etc.
    We may have wound up changing too many things all at once, so now the quest feels more experimental. The intent is very much:
    • Get boosts
    • When the Madness trial appears (every Tuesday) you cash in all your boosts and defeat Dormammu
    • Repeat
    Additionally, I think some of the confusion is coming from the fact that we sent the first Key (Sling Ring Charge) in a message, which offsets the Calendar. Players are getting a charge for the first Trial again when the Trial of Madness is on now.

We're going to keep all of these in mind for the future and continue to improve on it all.

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

Crine60 said:

Why does the Dormammu quest cost so much more unnecessary energy than the other 6 quests?

With bg one to and event it quits at lots
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Crine60 said:

24 Energy once a week is not a lot.
  • CyberneticWolfCyberneticWolf Posts: 8
    edited May 2022
    Kicked me out in the middle of the content without warning
  • ProfessorGProfessorG Posts: 73

Kicked me out in the middle of the content without warning

Same exact thing. I was on the Dormammu fight and got kicked out. My fault for procrastinating but most quests stay active as long as you don’t quit out.

It was on my third account 😂 so not that big of a deal.
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Are we supposed to be running the same legendary fights 4 times? I started doing epic in week 2 because I presumed we wouldn’t repeat the same fights, but now I think I’m mistaken.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Tru100 said:

Are we supposed to be running the same legendary fights 4 times? I started doing epic in week 2 because I presumed we wouldn’t repeat the same fights, but now I think I’m mistaken.

I just did the same Legendary path as last week. If it seems boring, that's because it is :D
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 240

• Extra keys
    • Get boosts
    • Repeat

It's disappointing that the Trial of Madness Dormammu quest every week is only available for a day. Had a very busy workday with the last one and missed it. The team could've just left each week's fight on a 7th column and just progressively added the following weeks' Dormammu fights. Would've been good to be able to do the final quest(s) at any point in the whole duration of the side quest. @Kabam Miike
  • GarloGarlo Posts: 189 ★★
    If I didn't enter to the Dormammu quest in the past days, can I enter twice in the next week?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022

@DrZola
    Ironically, 9 hulk fights was all that was left.

9 strange fights.

• K_SK_S Posts: 2

• Extra keys
    • Get boosts
    • Repeat

If we missed the first dormammu trial, can we enter more than once next time?
  • XenoMorfXenoMorf Posts: 13
    You need to make the final, dormammu quest available outside the 24h. I could not do it that day was I work and then wrecked I woke up with an unusable key now. This shouldn't happen, what's the point? After we grind all week and all other side quests available at any time then we miss out on the finale and that's it? I'm certain I not the only one in this situation. Please issue some kind of fix so that we all don't feel like we've wasted our time. Thank you
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

Crine60 said:

No it not but the timing with battle grund combined it a lot.
  • Antony687Antony687 Posts: 87
    edited May 2022
    I have all 6 trial completed and still the 7 th trail is not showing for me and today i have started trial of amazing again.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Crine60 said:

No it not but the timing with battle grund combined it a lot.
    Surely it is about priorities then. That is, and always has been, the same with this game. Use energies where you want or need them the most. I would love to do all the EQ's and smash through the Story mode too, but unfortunately that will cost me plenty of unit refills.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    The side quest and the efforts are nice.
    Nevertheless some suggestions for the future:
    - Better have the same system of keys for the Dorma quest (rather than a chance every Tuesday). It would allow to play at your own pace.
    - More remnants, because 3200 / 5 legendary bundles are too short (I don’t aim the limit of each bundle but the currency to buy them). 10 legendary bundles would have been fine. In that way a player can’t progress too quickly on 1 class, but progress on 2 (significantly) or more (more balanced) regarding the T5CC shards.

Of course, more 6* shards would have been appreciated :-)
    I'm confused. Did I miss week2 of the dorm round?

I'm now into my third set of boosts, fought Dorm once (without using boosts in week one) so it appears I am now into week 3 of the trials having missed a Dorm round?