**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6* Magik? 6* Quake?

Magik and Quake are not the most OP champs in the game. Can Kabam start introducing 6* versions of Magik, Quake, and any other old champs that are not in the 6* pool? If you ask most if they want Magik or Quake over Hercules or Doom, 90% will probably want Hercules or Doom. It would be great if every champ in the game will have 6* versions. No champ should be excluded just because players become too skilled in using a particular champ.

Should you delete 6* Kamala Khan because Swedeah is extremely skilled in using her?
Should you delete 6* Kitty Pride because Legacy thinks she's the best in the game (or one of the best)?

Please update the 6* pool to include all the missing champs. This will NOT break the game. It would probably make the majority of the players happy to see their useful champs make it to the 6* pool.

Comments

• Dragon_SwordDragon_Sword Posts: 25
    Should Kabam remove Hercules from the 6* pool? 6* Doom? 6* Ghost?
    Have you seen 6* Ghost with tech boost? Finish fight in war in under 20 seconds.
    No champion should be excluded from the 6* pool. Let the players choose who they want to play as a 6*, not limit their options
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    edited May 2022
    Zan0 said:

Quake IS the most OP champ in the game. That is why she should never be a 6 star

This.

You limit the choices of the designers by having a 6* quake and the game would be all the worse for it.
    edited May 2022
    Excluding any champ from the 6* pool is not right. There shouldn't be any exceptions just because some players are good at using a certain champ. Kabam should not limit that option especially since there are more than a dozen champs that can do the same fights depending on the node.
    Quake can bypass difficult nodes?
    I can also say Hercules is breaking the game... or Ghost with tech boost is too OP.
    I'm not saying to nerf Hercules or Ghost. I'm just saying no champs should be excluded from the 6* pool. It isn't right and doesn't seem to be complete if not every champ is allowed to be in the 6* pool.
    OP champs depend on the player using it. Using Quake and Magik takes skills, not everyone is able to use them properly.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    What about 6* Wolverine...?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Quake please no, magik I’d love to see as a 6* though
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Magik yes quake not yet
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Magik yes quake not yet

What about 6* Wolverine...?

I would love to see sig 200 6 star wolverines regen
  • RedBirdIsSmartRedBirdIsSmart Posts: 97
    Chidave said:

Magik and Quake are not the most OP champs in the game. Can Kabam start introducing 6* versions of Magik, Quake, and any other old champs that are not in the 6* pool? If you ask most if they want Magik or Quake over Hercules or Doom, 90% will probably want Hercules or Doom. It would be great if every champ in the game will have 6* versions. No champ should be excluded just because players become too skilled in using a particular champ.

Should you delete 6* Kamala Khan because Swedeah is extremely skilled in using her?
    Should you delete 6* Kitty Pride because Legacy thinks she's the best in the game (or one of the best)?

Please update the 6* pool to include all the missing champs. This will NOT break the game. It would probably make the majority of the players happy to see their useful champs make it to the 6* pool.

Solution: make herc only 5* and delete all 6* versions. Dunno why they nerfed cull and namoor back in the day if this guy is still practically running the contest.
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 530 ★★★★
    Quake’s play style was never intended for the game and is honestly one of the most boring play styles in the entire game (I know thats subjective) but she ruined a lot of aspects of the game. Magik is weird though, kabam is definitely afraid of magik despite not being nearly as good as quake. If 6* magik were released tomorrow I don't think she would break the game in any way. Magik is the one I’d ask about more than quake
  • The_ChumpThe_Chump Posts: 141 ★★
    Honestly hate Quake, probably because I cant or dont have the patience to use her. With that said, I rly dont see a problem w adding her as a 6*. If you know how to use her, it doesnt matter much, same result just shorter time. If you dont know how to use her, she'll still suck in your hands. Dont really see the problem w bringing her in as a 6*.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Netmarble just had their q1 earnings yesterday released. Today they are down 14% when the majority of the market is actually recovering from the big losses of the last couple of days.

If they want sales to sky rocket, it would be in the form of releasing these champs as 6*, and they can include them in the Q2 or Q3 earnings to try to sway investors.

This is probably going to be a driving factor into releasing the champs. More of a corporate strategy rather than a "game economy" strategy.

With that being said, sure quake can bypass a lot of nodes in the game, but there are a lot of strong counters now. And with the increased health pools, would you honestly rather quake and shake for 10 minutes on one fight, or have it done with a strong countering champ in under 2-3 minutes? I dont know about ya'll, but if it takes more than 3 rotations on quake I'd be more liable to use other champs to save my thumbs the trouble.
  • RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 216 ★★
    To say that Quake's playstyle is unfair in the game and then allow kitty or herc is a bit of a contradiction. They all heavily cheese nodes that they aren't meant to but kabam insists quake is by far the strongest of them which I would disagree with because kitty can bypass a lot more than quake and herc can perform similarly to kitty so long as you're able to maintain aggression. The thing about quake being a 6* is it actually does nothing but reduce the time because the 5* can complete the same things objectively as the 6* could. Take a skilled enough quake player and they can do just what the 5* can with a 3*. I agree with magic coming as a 6* and assure you that it'll come in due time but quake as far as it goes is a lost cause.
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 694 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    I don’t (i.e. can’t) play Quake but it probably stands to reason a 6* and 5* would essentially be the same thing. Anything a 5* could do, it sounds like a 6* can maybe just a bit quicker. Its like, how much more black could it be? And the answer is none. None more black.
    Thanks for the input everyone. That is correct. There are many champs that can finish the fights faster than Quake and Magik. So many other options to use and lots of players rather finish the fights faster than use Quake/Magik. That being said, I hope @Kabam Miike can help complete the 6* roster and not exclude any champ for any reason because OP champs are already in the game. Having 6* Quake and 6* Magik and any other older champs that haven't been included join the 6* roster would make many players happy as everyone have their own favorite champs to play in the game.
    My main point is to not exclude any champ as there are already other counters that can be used. Having them added only gives another option for players to have fun playing with.
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 530 ★★★★
    I honestly dont want 6* quake cause I’m tired of kabam having to design nodes to keep her in check
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    They still ban Quake at highest tier wars so she is still there and I dont know if 6* makes any huge difference.

The problem is if you dont have 6* Quake less people will be willing to learn her playstyle because it takes time and less people will know how to play her in general.
    Everyone has some insights on who they hate. Everyone has their favorite champ as well. The problem here is that some people don't want Quake as a 6* because she breaks the game. There can be an argument for a couple of god-tier champs that they are breaking the game as well. But, it's the ability to use those OP champs and have fun using them.
    Don't exclude any champ from the 6* pool. Quake, Magik, and Wolverine should join the 6* roster.
    If some 6* are excluded, years down the road, when 7* are available, will there be more that CAN'T join the 7* roster? That's years down the road but shouldn't start having that type of incomplete roster in the game.
  • Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Magik yes. Quake no.
  • KenlinzKenlinz Posts: 20
    All this time and still no magik and no quake
  • So now we have 7* champions, but STILL no 6* Magik or Quake? I'm really getting angry and frustrated by this issue. You can't tell me that these two champs are more OP than Absorbing Man, Doom, and Herc.

Come on KABAM!!! Give us 6* Quake and Magik!
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,646 ★★★★★

So now we have 7* champions, but STILL no 6* Magik or Quake? I'm really getting angry and frustrated by this issue. You can't tell me that these two champs are more OP than Absorbing Man, Doom, and Herc.

Come on KABAM!!! Give us 6* Quake and Magik!

Quake is never coming. Magik soon probably
  • Just ascend Magik or Quake as a 5*. Problem solved 🤣
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    the argument toward magik being OP is not her insane power control. there is always ways that kabam can put nodes and stuff in place that control how rampant she can be.

the biggest problem is her limbo damage. the practically unavoidable damage that you suffer just by existing when fighting her. you can really only ever reduce it. not stop it. (in 9/10 scenarios)
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Maat1985 said:

the argument toward magik being OP is not her insane power control. there is always ways that kabam can put nodes and stuff in place that control how rampant she can be.

the biggest problem is her limbo damage. the practically unavoidable damage that you suffer just by existing when fighting her. you can really only ever reduce it. not stop it. (in 9/10 scenarios)

Quake is far more OP than magik, I see no reason why Kabam couldn't introduce her into the 6 star pool since champs like herc and kitty are more powerful than her anyway. Quake I understand never coming as a 6 star.

Magik's limbo damage is not unavoidable, plenty of champs can counter her. Archangel does great, as does blade since she is a dimensional being, then there are champs with large energy resistances like guardian who I think lower her damage, plus many other ability accuracy reducers (a fair amount of skill champs). Then there are other champs who counter magik effectively by controlling her power, such as voodoo or even magik herself who will only take 1 or 2 limbos then power lock her the rest of the fight.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Maat1985 said:

Quake is far more OP than magik, I see no reason why Kabam couldn't introduce her into the 6 star pool since champs like herc and kitty are more powerful than her anyway. Quake I understand never coming as a 6 star.

Magik's limbo damage is not unavoidable, plenty of champs can counter her. Archangel does great, as does blade since she is a dimensional being, then there are champs with large energy resistances like guardian who I think lower her damage, plus many other ability accuracy reducers (a fair amount of skill champs). Then there are other champs who counter magik effectively by controlling her power, such as voodoo or even magik herself who will only take 1 or 2 limbos then power lock her the rest of the fight.
    you can feel how you want to feel about it.
    and i can feel how i want to feel about it.
    i am not stating how i feel about it,
    nor does that matter.
    yes quake is far more powerful.
    is there more powerful champs than magik? well yea.

the logic behind it is the combination of her power control and limbo damage.
    you can say all you want there are ways to avoid her limbo damage, and there are some, but there also really isn't that many in the scheme of how many champs there are.
    and its not just how easy/hard it is to avoid but also the potency.
    kabam would have made the decision a long time ago not to make her as a 6* when she would have been seen to be a lot more powerful and destructive then she is today.
    I also never said her damage was fully unavoidable.
    but it is also one of the most unavoidable forms of damage in the game.
    so when couple with her utility of attack it does make her pretty powerful.

once again i am not telling you how to feel, nor to agree or disagree she is too powerful.
    i am just providing what i believe to be the reasoning kabam are using when deciding these things.