**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is the current state of the game in almost every way focused around Cavalier Players?

2»

Comments

• The_ChumpThe_Chump Posts: 141 ★★
    edited May 2022

DrDrill said:

I think English is hard, OP clearly said that the 'rewards' are aimed towards "Cavalier"
    aka
    rewards are outdates and needs an overhaul, especially acquisition of 6* shards per month for non gambler.
    and the solution he gave is to introduce a TB side quest / TB event quest (addition from me) / TB Crystals

Exactly, I could of worded things better but idk why so few understand this lol
    I'm thinking its hard for many to understand because your title literally said that this game is mostly focused around Cav players.

AW- not focused on cavs.
    AQ- not focused on cavs.
    Battlegrounds- not focused on cavs
    Story mode- not focused on cav.
    Arena- not focused on cavs
    Monthly quests (EQ + SQ)- offers cav and below difficulties, so again not focused on cavs but does max out at cav difficulty.

Title should have just read something along the lines of needing higher level difficulties for EQ + SQ, along with bew tite specific crystals, objectives, etc
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    They do Need TB crystals and EQ and they will be up to speed. The fact we don't have these does leave it kinda Cav based Id saw. Other than the 1 event a year you need TB for.
  • DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 182 ★★
    Oof
    ;Tldr
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

Progression is a self paced. It should not requir pushing. And i am not a thronebreaker because i have no intention of paying with money or a bunch of items!
    When my roster is such that i can proceed on skill and my previous investment in my champs alone? Then i advance. Not beecause of false promises of what is in store for me at the next level.
    You are right! I been playing this game long enough to know that kabam makes promises it never keeps and to not be naive enough to think that the next level of progression has wondrous game changing treasures in store, if only i will burn through a bunch of other stuff to get there!
    It has been, is, and will remain a grind, at every level, to progress and advance!
    I will not buy advancement with money or items!

...then what are the items for in the first place? Just to sit there and waste away? I don't understand that concept. What benefit do you get out of doing it itemless? Never said you had to use money or units. You can farm revives and pots all day long. And units if you care to. But maybe you just prefer to log in and do a few fights and collect a small amount of rewards from just logging in. And that, will get you nowhere quick.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

What I'm getting from the OP is that they want more rewards and they want to progress faster, and they believe the game doesn't focus enough on end gamers, believing that if they did, there would be more content specifically targeting them, and that content would then have vastly better rewards, and then doing that content would allow endgamers to progress faster.

Unfortunately, that's not true. I'm hungry and so I'm going to go get lunch, so I'll just say: progress to where?

That's a much bigger limiting factor on end game rewards than lack of content. It is more likely that if there was more content now, end game rewards would just be spread out across more content, and the total amount of rewards wouldn't go up by much. There's a concept called reward budgeting that's rather complex, and I'm hungry.

So you think Cav EQ is worth it and valuable whatsoever for an endgame TB player?
    Define "worth it."

You may not have noticed this, but we are all driving down a road that is still being paved out in front of us. At some point, we have to slow down because the road runs out. End game players cannot progress as fast as mid tier players. The mid tier players have somewhere to go. End game players have nowhere to go, and they are very good at getting there quickly.

Is it worth it? I do it. The rewards aren't that hard to get, and the pace of progress is fine with me. Moreover I know something it seems many players refuse to accept. If you're fast enough to reach the end game, you're faster than the devs can make content. You can choose to slow down, or you can hit the wall and be forced to slow down. There is no third option.
    The rewards are easy to get don’t get me wrong, I just think we’re at a point where things should provide more shards especially if it’s a difficulty designed around thronebreaker. As of no thronebreakers almost have nothing to look forward to each month in hopes of actually obtaining something. As cav doing that EQ is huge and so much closer to your one of few six stars, as TB it’s not even enough for one unless the SQ provides you the difference. Incursions give you close to nothing aside from five star shards even at the harder rooms the six star amount is few and if you want to end up catching up to build a roster worth while for something like battlegrounds you need to hope for a lucky run at spending events. It’s almost like a bottleneck for a certain level of players
    Just for reference, right now I'm opening featureds. I'm averaging something like 20 per three month cycle, and on average I've been getting four new featureds and four new old champs per cycle. I am therefore gaining new 6* champs faster than they are coming out (and this only includes the featureds, no other 6* crystals), which is of course unsustainable. And I'm nowhere near the top, where players have already come close to saturating out their 6* rosters, possessing all but the newest. For many players, 6* shards are already running up to a wall, where incrementally more doesn't have very much benefit, except to chase the newest champs a bit faster, which itself them pushes them even closer to the wall of just having everything. So there's already a small margin of players for whom 6* shards have almost exhausted their value as a valuable reward, and there's a bunch of people like me who aren't there yet but can easily see the day approaching.

However, I'm going to be honest with you. While the current game economy cannot sustain very much higher levels of 6* shard outflows, I don't think you're going to have to worry about that for long, because I don't think the current game economy is going to be the current game economy for very much longer. Not if the latest Sanctum survey is any indication. You'll probably see an increase in 6* shards in the not too distant future, mostly because they won't matter quite as much by then.
  • DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 182 ★★
    edited May 2022

Drauglin said:

Oof
    ;Tldr

Oof no one asked
    And yet I answered.
    I disagreed with the post’s premise in the first sentence. Didn’t need to read the rest.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

What I'm getting from the OP is that they want more rewards and they want to progress faster, and they believe the game doesn't focus enough on end gamers, believing that if they did, there would be more content specifically targeting them, and that content would then have vastly better rewards, and then doing that content would allow endgamers to progress faster.

Unfortunately, that's not true. I'm hungry and so I'm going to go get lunch, so I'll just say: progress to where?

That's a much bigger limiting factor on end game rewards than lack of content. It is more likely that if there was more content now, end game rewards would just be spread out across more content, and the total amount of rewards wouldn't go up by much. There's a concept called reward budgeting that's rather complex, and I'm hungry.

So you think Cav EQ is worth it and valuable whatsoever for an endgame TB player?
    Define "worth it."

You may not have noticed this, but we are all driving down a road that is still being paved out in front of us. At some point, we have to slow down because the road runs out. End game players cannot progress as fast as mid tier players. The mid tier players have somewhere to go. End game players have nowhere to go, and they are very good at getting there quickly.

Is it worth it? I do it. The rewards aren't that hard to get, and the pace of progress is fine with me. Moreover I know something it seems many players refuse to accept. If you're fast enough to reach the end game, you're faster than the devs can make content. You can choose to slow down, or you can hit the wall and be forced to slow down. There is no third option.
    The rewards are easy to get don’t get me wrong, I just think we’re at a point where things should provide more shards especially if it’s a difficulty designed around thronebreaker. As of no thronebreakers almost have nothing to look forward to each month in hopes of actually obtaining something. As cav doing that EQ is huge and so much closer to your one of few six stars, as TB it’s not even enough for one unless the SQ provides you the difference. Incursions give you close to nothing aside from five star shards even at the harder rooms the six star amount is few and if you want to end up catching up to build a roster worth while for something like battlegrounds you need to hope for a lucky run at spending events. It’s almost like a bottleneck for a certain level of players
    Just for reference, right now I'm opening featureds. I'm averaging something like 20 per three month cycle, and on average I've been getting four new featureds and four new old champs per cycle. I am therefore gaining new 6* champs faster than they are coming out (and this only includes the featureds, no other 6* crystals), which is of course unsustainable. And I'm nowhere near the top, where players have already come close to saturating out their 6* rosters, possessing all but the newest. For many players, 6* shards are already running up to a wall, where incrementally more doesn't have very much benefit, except to chase the newest champs a bit faster, which itself them pushes them even closer to the wall of just having everything. So there's already a small margin of players for whom 6* shards have almost exhausted their value as a valuable reward, and there's a bunch of people like me who aren't there yet but can easily see the day approaching.

However, I'm going to be honest with you. While the current game economy cannot sustain very much higher levels of 6* shard outflows, I don't think you're going to have to worry about that for long, because I don't think the current game economy is going to be the current game economy for very much longer. Not if the latest Sanctum survey is any indication. You'll probably see an increase in 6* shards in the not too distant future, mostly because they won't matter quite as much by then.
    Just for reference how much spending would you think this includes, not including major spending events and are you a higher tier in war? Are you also saying the latest sanctum majority agreed with me about shards?
    To the extent I spend, I don't spend on shards (I focus spending on rank up materials, when I spend). I don't do high tier war, but I am a fairly high level (but not top tier featured 100) arena grinder.

The latest sanctum surveys, if you didn't get one, was asking a lot of interesting questions that for someone like me point specifically to Kabam directly probling for opinions on how the next tier of roster progress will be implemented. And while that doesn't always mean anything, it was not the fact that they were asking questions that was interesting, but specifically what kind of questions they were asking. A game designer would be reading between the lines a lot.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

...what?

You could say something more than what, I dont know what you don't understand when it comes to it
    What?