**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Since Kabam Said They Never Knew Of/Looked At Input Issues On Android.

NemeschyNemeschy Posts: 53
edited May 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
Sound off Android users on how the game was/is/has been for you!!

Since Kabam Said They Never Knew Of/Looked At Input Issues On Android. 71 votes

Kabam is right!! Never had an issue!
5%
GarloMother_FlerkenErcarretKOSLORD 4 votes
Had some issues when this mess started, but its better now!
5%
ILLUSION8Sean_WhoBrianPerkinsspidyjedi84 4 votes
Have had issues all along with no fix in sight!
69%
Crine60Alfa_Pigeonmostlyharmlessnthe_eradicatorRaider17heruheru511jdrum663JetenyoThe_ChumpLeiva_darkShakti4allBrandonmballouDarth_StewieSvensktigerLiss_Bliss_chicconeArchdemon_SqueezzSaske97Little_Crocodili29 49 votes
Eww!! Filthy Android users!! Get an Iphone!!
19%
DeemonbalaphillgreenDRTOKnightNvrEndingRockypantherxChampZ2BerjibsVendemiaireAgent_X_zzz0casual0SearmenisNoise72Ace2319Noobda 14 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    I think what they said is both android and iOS are having issues but the source is two different things. So while you are having issues it’s caused by something different than the iphone issues
  • The_ChumpThe_Chump Posts: 141 ★★
    Ace2319 said:

I think what they said is both android and iOS are having issues but the source is two different things. So while you are having issues it’s caused by something different than the iphone issues

Negative. There have been many threads on the forums sharing responses from kabam support that have stated there is no known issue on android.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    None of this is true. Period. There's a mega thread on for both Android and iOS input, lag and crashing issues. Kabam has never once stated there is zero issues with Android inputs.

The problem Kabam has is that there are 1000's of more devices for Android vs Apple. Apple is pretty much the same at it's core when it comes to phones and other devices. Apple basically forces you to update to it's latest OS. Android doesn't.

Android is able to run on it's OS as low as 6 or 7 right now. That is 1000's of devices. So while there might not issues for very specific androids, they have confirmed issues with some devices. Troubleshooting Android is way more difficult and time consuming than troubleshooting for Apple. 99% of the time, when anyone complains about issues with Android, they don't give any information. Device, OS version etc..

Kabam doesn't have every Android that can run MCOC laying around to test either.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Kabam has never once stated there is zero issues with Android inputs.

Weeell, their support did. And as far as I know, it's not outsourced.
    Searmenis said:

Kabam has never once stated there is zero issues with Android inputs.

Weeell, their support did. And as far as I know, it's not outsourced.
    It's 100% outsourced. And there's like zero context to OP's comment. Here on the forums, Miike and I believe one of the devs who log on here from time to time, confirmed there are Android issues. This all really depends on what was reported or asked.

Can you provide a link to a thread with one of the messages?
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
    Kabam is right!! Never had an issue!
    The whole parry/dex bug itself is an iOS issue. That doesn't mean that there aren't Android issues as well. However, as an Android user, I haven't experienced the parry/dex issue per se. I've experienced other issues, including one that was quite similar to the parry/dex issue, but not that issue itself.

We need to keep those things separate.
  • InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 313 ★★

Kabam doesn't have every Android that can run MCOC laying around to test either.

There is technology exist on which you can run every andriod OS and test your application/game.
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    Android user, that crazy freeze-lag for 6 or more seconds in the middle of a fight has been ongoing issue that just got worse after the most recent update. The A.I. has been charging heavy on it's own in the middle of fights, dashing, dex, and heavies are bugged like crazy as well.

@Demonzfyre I left you the screenshots above in the previous comment, here is the link of the publication: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/281785/input-system-update-sept-2021-engine-upgrades-robots-and-more#latest ,reading this was quite disappointing at the time and more than any possible solution that was being worked on was for IOS and android was being left aside for what they found nothing according to, but more than half of the initial reports were on android which strange don't you think. In android the errors persist but it doesn't matter, this solution doesn't fix it and it will continue to be bad for users forever because they don't care about us.

That's from the original post in Sept '21. They have since said there might be more to the issues with Android than they knew about.

The original bug though was just an iOS thing with the game engine.
    KOSLORD said:

None of this is true. Period. There's a mega thread on for both Android and iOS input, lag and crashing issues. Kabam has never once stated there is zero issues with Android inputs.

The problem Kabam has is that there are 1000's of more devices for Android vs Apple. Apple is pretty much the same at it's core when it comes to phones and other devices. Apple basically forces you to update to it's latest OS. Android doesn't.

Android is able to run on it's OS as low as 6 or 7 right now. That is 1000's of devices. So while there might not issues for very specific androids, they have confirmed issues with some devices. Troubleshooting Android is way more difficult and time consuming than troubleshooting for Apple. 99% of the time, when anyone complains about issues with Android, they don't give any information. Device, OS version etc..

Yet they don't tell us the devices they supposed DO test on so we can just use those. I wonder why hmmmmm.
    One of the devs stated he uses a Samsung 21 ultra and wasn't having issues.

There is technology exist on which you can run every andriod OS and test your application/game.
    That's great. So then how do you test the 1000's of variations of device specs?
    KOSLORD said:

KOSLORD said:

Yet they don't tell us the devices they supposed DO test on so we can just use those. I wonder why hmmmmm.
    And that's exactly what I"m using. I bought the phone specifically for CoC as that's the only game I play and have had issues ever since. I had issues before on a previous Galaxy which was why I upgraded. So it's not 10000's of devices which is the issue. It's their code. Most people having issues have Samsung Galaxies not a bunch of knock off devices.
    What you've said is verifiably false.
    KOSLORD said:

KOSLORD said:

KOSLORD said:

And that's exactly what I"m using. I bought the phone specifically for CoC as that's the only game I play and have had issues ever since. I had issues before on a previous Galaxy which was why I upgraded. So it's not 10000's of devices which is the issue. It's their code. Most people having issues have Samsung Galaxies not a bunch of knock off devices.
    What you said has show you have no idea what you're talking about as it only take a second to look at the Android thread to see what devices people are reporting to have issues on.
    So explain to me how if it's Kabams software, how is it not all Androids are having the same issues as you?

I have an LG V60 and don't have the issues. Many people I know have Samsung devices and don't have the issues.

So please explain how's Kabams software and not device related. I'll wait.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

KOSLORD said:

KOSLORD said:

KOSLORD said:

What you said has show you have no idea what you're talking about as it only take a second to look at the Android thread to see what devices people are reporting to have issues on.
    So explain to me how if it's Kabams software, how is it not all Androids are having the same issues as you?

I have an LG V60 and don't have the issues. Many people I know have Samsung devices and don't have the issues.

It works in the same way as windows when it delivers an update or security patch with errors, computers worldwide turn off, blue screen etc and others do not, because it depends on many factors but the trigger is the program, whose fault is it of the team? I doubt it because it has been shown that it is not.
    The program IS the game, and it's as hard for them to outfit it for every single device as it is for Windows to be designed for every single device.

(I work with computers, and I'm not even getting into the Windows 11 TPM fiasco.)
    edited May 2022

KOSLORD said:

KOSLORD said:

KOSLORD said:

It works in the same way as windows when it delivers an update or security patch with errors, computers worldwide turn off, blue screen etc and others do not, because it depends on many factors but the trigger is the program, whose fault is it of the team? I doubt it because it has been shown that it is not.
    So when someones computer blue screens but mine doesn't from a windows update... What then?