**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is Power Snack a node in Battlegrounds?

GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
Am I the only one who is sick of eating SP3s just cause I dexed to bait a SP?

Not every AI is gonna throw it instantly so there is a thing called baiting. You usually have to dex in order to do that. But here’s the catch. Dexing will trigger a power gain, either just making the situation worse, or forcing a SP3 tank.

I have queued up 3 times with this node and I am already close to quitting because I am not putting up with these power gain nodes in a competitive fashion. Am I supposed to fill 30/30 in petrify champs or something? It’s not fun when doing what I am supposed to do to, which is not push to SP3 and bait, fails anyway.

In regular questing, fine, I can deal with bringing 3-5 champs who can do this node decently. AW? Yeah you can prepare which champs you want for your path. But Battlegrounds? You can’t throw all your power control champs in a deck when you need to pick defenders, and even just counters to the occasional Korg. And even then, there is always the chance to not even have to chance at drafting them. I’ve thrown a Red Goblin in a deck as my only counter to Peni and I can’t tell you how many times my opponent drafted a Peni and I wasn’t given the option to take Roblin.

This was also one of the reasons I disliked the Summoner Showdown node design and made my opinions clear in this thread https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/285640/why-is-spite-in-the-summoner-showdown#latest

Summary: Power Snack and power gain nodes in general aren’t a good node design for this specific content in my personal opinion. You can’t throw every counter to this node into a deck and sometimes not even be able to use said counter. This is a perfectly acceptable node in other content but not this. Do you agree or am I the only one suffering with this issue

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,206 ★★★★★
    Battlegrounds is Hungry for power I supppose
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Honestly as annoying as power snack is, the one that gives the opponent power when they hit you or your block after knocking them down is more annoying. I was using Hawkeye against Juggernaut and I got him at basically 0 power in the corner and started to heavy spam. Somehow he got up quicker than I thought and hit me 5 times and threw a SP1 and I was dead
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

Honestly as annoying as power snack is, the one that gives the opponent power when they hit you or your block after knocking them down is more annoying. I was using Hawkeye against Juggernaut and I got him at basically 0 power in the corner and started to heavy spam. Somehow he got up quicker than I thought and hit me 5 times and threw a SP1 and I was dead

Hawkeye can’t heavy spam. It looks like he can but he can’t for whatever reason
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I would like to know the expanse of nodes that will show up in BG once it officially goes live. Like will we see power shield? Destructive feedback? SUPER masochism?? 😱
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★

Hawkeye can’t heavy spam. It looks like he can but he can’t for whatever reason
    He suffers from the old two hit backflip heavy, but he stutters in his animation, making him unable to heavy chain in corners.
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    It increases the difficulty mate. You need to arrange your roster as per the node and Yes! The node screws us sometimes when opponent reaches sp3 but remember that the opponent is also facing the same node so you can make the best use out of it by placing tricky defenders .
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    I liked this nodes. For my is more annoying safeguard.
  • PupkacPupkac Posts: 75
    Stop crying:-)

This Is probably best node So far was in battlegrounds. Finally skill oriented node, where skill And strategy matters more then strenght od you roster. More strategy oriented node, JUST think And dont play like no node presented. Finally node where match Is not finishing in 40secs. Sometimes u Will not beat defender as your opponent.
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    I hate the node too but majority of the matchups 2/3 are straight away quitting and I get wins for just energy spent. weird, looks like many don't bother about playing it just want the rewards and easy matchups.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    While we all face the same nodes, so in that way I’m OK with whatever node, but I don’t find these power gain fights much fun, and IMO this mode can be challenging and fun. Not mutually exclusive.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

It’s almost unplayable for me it’s just way too annoying! For the life of me I will never never never understand why every time they do something really cool they have to try to add something to it to really annoying their player base. Can’t you just let your player base have fun with something. You can make things a little more difficult without totally trying to frustrate Annoy the player base. It’s like knowing their game has been broke but yet still uping the AI every other month. Oh you guys love that we’re buffing old champions we’re gonna go ahead and put that on the back burner. Oh you’re having fun with class based cavalier EQ oh let’s us go ahead and change that.

It's
    Still
    In
    Beta
    Testing

Stop getting so worked up over something that will probably change again in the next test.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    This combination of nodes is definitely more limiting in its counters. If you don’t specifically have champs that can control power, petrify, or reduce ability accuracy then you are at the mercy of whether a champ can actually be baited for specials. A lot of these champs also don’t hit as hard as others do so time scoring can be impacted.

This version is definitely less roster based and more luck on the flow of the fight. There still is a certain skill that needs to be involved but the RNG aspect of the AI is almost at an equal level.
    Do we play same game? Unplayable? JUST dont spam specials And heavy, start baiting from sp1, dont Dex specials, JUST block IT... IT IS hard node, but definitelly not unplayable. Also u have many nullify imunne champs, not ONLY powercontrol..
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    Pupkac said:

Do we play same game? Unplayable? JUST dont spam specials And heavy, start baiting from sp1, dont Dex specials, JUST block IT... IT IS hard node, but definitelly not unplayable. Also u have many nullify imunne champs, not ONLY powercontrol..

Oh yeah just do all that that sounds so much fun on top of already very difficult fights! Who wants to deal with all of that on top of dealing with extremely tough defenders that are already boosted up? Nobody said it has to be easy but it’s supposed to be fun! The amount of fights you have to do to get rewards is a pretty decent grind nobody wants to have to deal with and extremely tough node on top of it
  • Beewee said:

Pupkac said:

Not as much hard as it is rng based. When the ai throws specials its the easiest node. When they dont you can spend 20 seconds trying to bait an sp2 or just eat an sp3 to the face
    This. powersnack is annoying because baiting in general has become much tougher. It feels like the AI dances around a lot more before throwing specials in general. Ive been noticing this in war as well, they barely seem to throw anything now. quite annoying.
  • Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

It’s almost unplayable for me it’s just way too annoying! For the life of me I will never never never understand why every time they do something really cool they have to try to add something to it to really annoying their player base. Can’t you just let your player base have fun with something. You can make things a little more difficult without totally trying to frustrate Annoy the player base. It’s like knowing their game has been broke but yet still uping the AI every other month. Oh you guys love that we’re buffing old champions we’re gonna go ahead and put that on the back burner. Oh you’re having fun with class based cavalier EQ oh let’s us go ahead and change that.

It's
    Still
    In
    Beta
    Testing

What does it’s in the third or a third beta testing have to do with the node they chose to put in? The defenders in the fights are already difficult why put in A very annoying node especially especially when it’s in Beta and they want people to play to get data
    To see what nodes would go good in the mode or what nodes the player base may or may not like
    WHO says, we Have to kill defender in 30 secs with 100% life? Well im not top of the game, my rating Is 1727. Same power node Is at war, 22 And Path 1 i think, nothing special