**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Enter the Battlegrounds this May! Open Beta Starts May 9th!

Comments

• Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    Is it possible to create a different energy type like we have for aq and war? The normal energy is used for the story and the monthly quest, and the battlegrounds takes away so much energy....
    Thanks
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    W

I get that speed is important but it shouldn't be the be all and end all, never took 1 blocked hit and yet they're deemed more skillful and awarded a win 🤦‍♂️😂
  • AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★
    am I understanding correctly that the purchase limits of all items reset every week (Monday 10am pdt)? only now I noticed the timers when you click on every item lol
    I thought the purchase limits will stay the same throughout the whole beta, but I dislike it a little less if it really is a weekly reset
  • SabespadSabespad Posts: 4
    Several aspects that do not make BG enjoyable. I hope it stays in beta for awhile to try out different aspects of game.
    A few items that take the fun out:

1) the time limit of 2 mins. Lose it. Play to the death. Too many times these battles become a pure dodge & bait tactic and not a battling fight.
    1 Suggestion: if time is kept, make it 10 minutes, but only get bonus points if you won under 2 mins with the same scoring structure. 0 points total for the full 10 mins in every category.
    2) very seldom am I finding even matches. I’m either a huge favorite or huge under dog. 1 suggestion: make it so it’s only the same *star champ Vs same *star champ and you’re forced to pick 2*’s, 3*’s, 4*’s, etc.

A lot of the other topics have been expressed by others.
  • KilfKilf Posts: 6
    Are the trophy tokens a permanent currency or will they disappear after this round of battlegrounds?
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

Sabespad said:

Several aspects that do not make BG enjoyable. I hope it stays in beta for awhile to try out different aspects of game.
    A few items that take the fun out:

1) the time limit of 2 mins. Lose it. Play to the death. Too many times these battles become a pure dodge & bait tactic and not a battling fight.
    1 Suggestion: if time is kept, make it 10 minutes, but only get bonus points if you won under 2 mins with the same scoring structure. 0 points total for the full 10 mins in every category.
    2) very seldom am I finding even matches. I’m either a huge favorite or huge under dog. 1 suggestion: make it so it’s only the same *star champ Vs same *star champ and you’re forced to pick 2*’s, 3*’s, 4*’s, etc.

A lot of the other topics have been expressed by others.

I'm not going to wait up to 30 minutes for my opponent to finish their matches. One of the reasons I enjoy this game mode is because of how quick it goes
    Yup i love the fast match's , no one wants to be fighting these super long fights..
  • JpcorpJpcorp Posts: 5
    The buffs are ridiculous, this is not players playing against other players this is 100% computer playing against other players because of the buffs. Get rid of the buffs and let people really play to see who is the best
  • ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173
    edited May 2022
    What is going to be done about cheaters. This is really making me feel like garbage. Play well … refresh your champs with units… To match a cheater…. Then see the same cheater a day later doing the same thing :(

And then I made a few posts here and they are instantly deleted :(

Why? I really support you guys and understand it can be hard to prove but to delete it and not address it just makes it so much worse.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    ChuckD05 said:

What is going to be done about cheaters. This is really making me feel like garbage. Play well … refresh your champs with units… To match a cheater…. Then see the same cheater a day later doing the same thing :(

And then I made a few posts here and they are instantly deleted :(

Why? I really support you guys and understand it can be hard to prove but to delete it and not address it just makes it so much worse.

I honestly cannot see the point in cheating in this mode, as to the best of my knowledge there is no rewards at all for the leaderboard. Like you said, it just spoils the fun for people with no actual gain on their end at all.
  • Kf4st87Kf4st87 Posts: 32
    Is possible to keep the Trophy Tokens for future use or necessary to spend during the monthly period?
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    So I’m not sure if this has been suggested but if it has I guess I’ll suggest it again.

The milestones in the solo objectives should have the following IF unit refresh continues and the 15 energy cost continues.

Depending on the amount of milestones divide up 10 small energy and 5 regular energy refills into them. For units divide 90 units (2 refreshes) into all the milestones. It’s not game breaking nor is it going to change someone’s account. This would allow for 8 totals refreshes per month if the objectives stay the way they are and 40/20 energy refills. If it doesn’t stay that way then just figure out a way for the whole month to give you some champ refresh while supplying energy refills too.

I have a lot of energy refills so it’s not bothersome but this could help with other folks who still have a lot of content to do and want to do BG also. As for the units they speak for themselves.

Just a suggestion.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,300 ★★★★★
    I was unable to activate torch prefight ability on 2 of the fights. However this worked with mr. Fantastic.
    Guillotine 99 was missing her prefights as well and guess what? Started the fight with zero digisouls and could not power drain.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Since I’m refusing to run this garbage iteration of map 6, casually jumping into this mode has been nice. I had been stuck at 80% of a science catalyst and it’ll be fully formed today. My alt had been stuck on 98% tech and now I’ll be getting nimrod up to r3 next level up.

Honestly, for people with energy concerns, if you’re the type that explores lower difficulties of EQ, compare your rewards for completion to exploration and maybe just cut it short. You give up units but the rewards here are solid.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    The rewards for the beta are really good (6* per week is good imo)
    Overall the game mode is fun, for me especially when trying to make better decisions picking champs here and there.

Now to thing I don't like most:
    milestones are by design it encouraging you to tank. To win many fights, you want opponents with similar roster. As fun as it is to outplay all those paragons using your r2 champs, quite often you will lose just because of you have less champs. And now consider you can only use your best champs 3 times each, and having to replace them would cause even more loses. On the other hand, you can tank enough to the point where you can use your 4*, then as you get back up 5*, and some time later 6*. And as it happens, you occasionally face opponents who give up to tank. Wich is actually great for rewards — if half of the time you face someone who gives up, and the other half you do it yourself, you can get all the rewards without winning a single fight. So most likely unfortunately they will change the rewards into some rank type like aw is currently. Wich is just bad for people like myself, who won't be using any units to refresh champs and therefore wouldn't stand a chance vs players with more units available. And those also can buy unlimited amount of energy refills, what gives them more fights, i.e. higher scores on leaderboard.

How to fix it — remove characters recharge, separated ranked matches of limited number and others, where you just play for fun. I actually would love them to remove arenas and move all the rewards from there into unranked battlegrounds, just because it is a much more fun mode, and also it fits better to the name of arena
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,909 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    This mode will fail if they don't remove the milestones and go with an AQ-type weekly ranked system.

As of now, I have no incentive to actually try to win a tough BG. In fact, because they last so long and the champ refresh cost, it's a waste of time and champs to even try.

Eventually, people are going to get sick of getting matched up with accounts way too big for them and not even try. That'll lead to having no one to fight with. That will lead the end of the gamemode.
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★

This week nodes are so funny (power snack and rise to power), I'm really happy that you proof other than safeguard.
    I think that 45 for full charge a champion is a lot, may be 25 or 20.
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    Will those trophy tokens remain as it is after the current month long beta or do we have to use them before 6 June (last date of bg beta preview)???
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    I liked but 30 Win by 1 week with energy its hard …
  • simpsonstvsimpsonstv Posts: 6
    In previous betas, the timer would start at 2:00 when my fight actually starts. Now it seems to start earlier and take loading into effect. By the time my fight starts now, I have around 1:50 remaining, sometimes as bad as 1:40.

I get not wanting to waste other peoples time but it's not fair to be punished if don't have best connection or most poweful device.
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    1) obviously still a bug when the other person forfeits (I get a black screen and have to force close the game)
    2) I would like a longer timer when choosing the first defender. Maybe increasing 10 seconds to 15
    3) if the timer runs out when selecting, have it default to the defender currently queued. On several occasions I’ve had a defender ready but didn’t hit the button in time.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

The rewards for the beta are really good (6* per week is good imo)
    Overall the game mode is fun, for me especially when trying to make better decisions picking champs here and there.

Now to thing I don't like most:
    milestones are by design it encouraging you to tank. To win many fights, you want opponents with similar roster. As fun as it is to outplay all those paragons using your r2 champs, quite often you will lose just because of you have less champs. And now consider you can only use your best champs 3 times each, and having to replace them would cause even more loses. On the other hand, you can tank enough to the point where you can use your 4*, then as you get back up 5*, and some time later 6*. And as it happens, you occasionally face opponents who give up to tank. Wich is actually great for rewards — if half of the time you face someone who gives up, and the other half you do it yourself, you can get all the rewards without winning a single fight. So most likely unfortunately they will change the rewards into some rank type like aw is currently. Wich is just bad for people like myself, who won't be using any units to refresh champs and therefore wouldn't stand a chance vs players with more units available. And those also can buy unlimited amount of energy refills, what gives them more fights, i.e. higher scores on leaderboard.

How to fix it — remove characters recharge, separated ranked matches of limited number and others, where you just play for fun. I actually would love them to remove arenas and move all the rewards from there into unranked battlegrounds, just because it is a much more fun mode, and also it fits better to the name of arena

Even though this would be nice at the same time those with huge rosters will benefit even more. They will always have their rank 4 sig 200 champs and their rank 3 sig 200. The recharge is fine, nothing wrong with it, just shouldn’t be 18 hours for full recharge. If I do some BG before bed and wake up after 7-8 hours my champs should have a full charge.

Tanking isn’t a bad idea but If they treat this like war rankings you’ll want to rank where you want your account to progress, not where it makes it easier to win fights. I’m sure there will be a store and potentially some ranking rewards. We’ll see though
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Week 1 went little competitive but now we just do a match making and then either of the players forfeit the match, its just about collecting rewards rather than playing BG. The number of wins required and every 2 day milestones made us play it much and are little fed up with it so unless there is a reward for that leaderboard the beta is not going as intended atleast in case of some number of players. You should have put rewards for leader board every week. Anyway this can be corrected when BG is out of beta and released into the game as a mode.