**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Big Changes Coming to Act 6 this June!

Comments

• jaskirat440jaskirat440 Posts: 4

Ok, what do those who slogged through Act 6 right when it came out get in compensation?

Yea man we spent a lot of units of energy refills and revives and upgraded ton of champs as 5stars for specific class gets. People who already explored it should get compensation.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 830 ★★★★
    edited May 2022

I would've been happy with the energy reduction alone.

I am firmly in the "blast through because act 7 rewards are better for my progression and account" camp and I'm not ashamed of that at all.

I don't begrudge those who already explored getting "something", what that is I don't know.

I think the changes are good for the game.

I feel exactly the same.

I hit Cavalier back in Dec 2020 and held off progressing for a number of reasons. One of the later reasons was the Parry bug and the advice from @Kabam Miike that we consider holding off on content. But the initial reason was the fact that what I’d experienced of Act 6 wasn’t fun, and focusing on Variants and EQ/SQ was more fun. And if it’s not fun, why play?

I don’t begrudge other players maybe getting something for earlier completions/explorations - not at all, that’s something which should be considered maybe. But this is a pro player move, and that’s no mistake. The reduced energy cost will be great for those exploring Act 6 and the difficulty changes will increase the number of players who can in theory access later content in the game as they push through Act 6.

I acknowledge the feelings of those who have already completed this content, but to me it’s a great move.
  • SeenkSeenk Posts: 204 ★★
    "While The Champion is in the Opening Bout, his Health cannot exceed 70% or fall below 40%."

Mistakes - mb should be "or fall below 30%?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,171 ★★★★★
    Duo_Kulio said:

Feeney234 said:

This is a great change for newer players. Even though i 100% Act 6 a long time ago, its great that its now being tweaked for newer players... because it was absolutely horrible before anything was touched.

@Kabam Miike you should give OG Act 6 titles out to people who explored 100% pre nerfs ;)

exactly like that, players who finished act 6 before the nerf should get an additional title that will distinguish them from the rest
    That’s called enTITLEment.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Noobda said:

When is kabam changing the title for act6 exploration for those who explore it after this nerf? I don't want the grace of Breaker of Thrones to go down .

I remember the times when exploring act6 was considered more tough than exploring abyss for some obvious reasons.

I suggest changing "Breaker of Thrones" into "Breaker of Chairs" for anyone exploring act6 after the nerf.

Breaker of Thrones is already meaningless. Those of us that explored before anything got changed already share it with those that finished it after the first nerfs. Now it will just be that much more trivial.
  • Wow, quite perplexed by the reaction here.

I understand that everybody has different opinions on Act 6, and that most of us tackled it when it was first available years ago. But those players that hit it right away also had several years to build their skills, masteries, and Rosters. The fact of the matter is that we have tons of new players entering the Contest daily, and many of them are getting stuck in Act 6, and we want to change that.

Act 6 may have been intended to be difficult when it was released, but as you all know, we took a very different turn in how we approach Act content after Act 6, as evidenced by Act 7 and the Act 8.1 Beta. Most of you will agree that Act 6 was more difficult than Act 7, and many of you (myself included) have explored much more of Act 7 than we have of Act 6.

On the topic of Difficult content, this should no longer be part of that equation. There is other content to satisfy that itch, whether that's Abyss, Carina's Challenges, Eternity of Pain, or other unannounced content that we're working on. Nobody (well, maybe a few people) is going back to Act 6 to complete more paths because they want difficult content.

We made these changes for all of those that are stuck on Act 6 right now, and those that will face it in the future. If you are unsatisfied with the direction or supply of other content, that is no reason to take it out on player-friendly changes that will make this game more accessible to more players.

And while the content will be easier now, it doesn't mean it will be easy for those that are getting to Act 6 now, just less seemingly impossible.

I agreed with your opinion on this one. I congratulated Kabam on making the change to act 6. It was the first post I made on this thread. You may have my point confused with other people in this thread.
    You may have his point confused as his post was clearly regarding multiple people's reaction, not just yours
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,300 ★★★★★

No matter what, people are always going to complain, but I can’t see any reason that anyone who’s completed the content should be angry about changes that don’t affect them.

It’s like being mad because a place you used to work gives current employees more money and longer breaks. You don’t get to go back and ask for compensation.

As someone who just lacks the skills to beat 6.2.6, this may finally allow me to progress in the game and not rage quit again and again.

Along the same lines, you should not be worried about people who have already explored asking or getting any compensation. Good that you can now get past 6.2.6. But if someone asks for compensation, let them ask it. No need to be angry about it.

It’s like being mad that the former employees at the place where you work asked the company for backlog in pays for obvious disparities. It doesn’t concern you since you are getting what you are owed and nobody will take anything away from you to give something to others.
  • Morp_9624Morp_9624 Posts: 5
    I’m currently stuck on the boss in 6.3.6 with no revives or way to get out besides quitting atm. If I wait for this change to go live will I be kicked out of the quest?
  • Upanddown_69Upanddown_69 Posts: 248
    Graves_3 said:

No matter what, people are always going to complain, but I can’t see any reason that anyone who’s completed the content should be angry about changes that don’t affect them.

It’s like being mad because a place you used to work gives current employees more money and longer breaks. You don’t get to go back and ask for compensation.

As someone who just lacks the skills to beat 6.2.6, this may finally allow me to progress in the game and not rage quit again and again.

Along the same lines, you should not be worried about people who have already explored asking or getting any compensation. Good that you can now get past 6.2.6. But if someone asks for compensation, let them ask it. No need to be angry about it.

It’s like being mad that the former employees at the place where you work asked the company for backlog in pays for obvious disparities. It doesn’t concern you since you are getting what you are owed and nobody will take anything away from you to give something to others.
    I don’t disagree with any particular point you’re making. My real concern is that all of the backlash here will lead to Kabam backtracking from something that might finally help me progress.

As long as that isn’t the case, you’re right- let people ask for/get all the compensation they want.

• Noobda said:

When is kabam changing the title for act6 exploration for those who explore it after this nerf? I don't want the grace of Breaker of Thrones to go down .

I remember the times when exploring act6 was considered more tough than exploring abyss for some obvious reasons.

I suggest changing "Breaker of Thrones" into "Breaker of Chairs" for anyone exploring act6 after the nerf.

Breaker of Thrones is already meaningless. Those of us that explored before anything got changed already share it with those that finished it after the first nerfs. Now it will just be that much more trivial.
    I wouldn't say it is meaningless, Act 6 still isn't considered easy by everyone. Maybe after these new rounds if changes I can see your point, but this just comes off as elitist
    Act 6 is already a joke compared to the first iteration. It's amazing how many have an opinion about content they never did..
    I beat the 6.2.6 champ right before the original nerf and waited to do my completion run till a littler after the nerf, so if you're talking about me, its not entirely true.
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    No problem for me
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    These changes are brilliant! Those whining about it being made too easy need to get over themselves! One thing that they never bring up is that, over time many champs have been reworked to be better, thereby making the level harder between when it first released and now.
    No one come in an bellyaches that reworked champs have made material harder for those that came after them!
    They only have a complaint when they think material they have already completed is made easier or the rewards have been made better!
    This planned change is positive! Those crying about it? You have already finished it!
    Get over it!
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Noobda said:

I wouldn't say it is meaningless, Act 6 still isn't considered easy by everyone. Maybe after these new rounds if changes I can see your point, but this just comes off as elitist
    Act 6 is already a joke compared to the first iteration. It's amazing how many have an opinion about content they never did..
    I beat the 6.2.6 champ right before the original nerf and waited to do my completion run till a littler after the nerf, so if you're talking about me, its not entirely true.
    Yes bc that has absolutely anything to do with exploring the entirety of Act 6 prior to any changes...
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,203 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Is there a way can we keep old champion boss fight along with new one.

Only people who want to fight old champion will do it. pre pre nerf champion, with 5 charges at 10%
    For example reaching the final node. Before champion we get 2 different nodes for the final fight. Old and new both.

While keeping it like the extra node would not effect the exploration for players.

This looks like a job for @Kabam Zero
    🙃😬
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    Happy for the new players who get an easier time.

Although it seems like this was planned for quite some time already, the timing is quite suspicious as a large number of thronebreakers had just recently pushed through carina challenges to get the materials for Paragon, they definitely would have benefited a lot more from these changes...
  • Cereal123Cereal123 Posts: 8
    Kappa2g said:

Happy for the new players who get an easier time.

Although it seems like this was planned for quite some time already, the timing is quite suspicious as a large number of thronebreakers had just recently pushed through carina challenges to get the materials for Paragon, they definitely would have benefited a lot more from these changes...

The Eternity of Pain milestone rewards will also be released just before July 4th.
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 152
    edited May 2022
    Wow, I feel like I got cheated. I completed Act 6 a long time ago. I’m going back and slowly exploring that Act when I have resources. I put off 6.2 for a long time because of stupid gates and the Champion fight, but finally explored it this year. The only thing I have left in that Act is explore 6.4 Grandmaster paths. The new changes make me mad. I could have saved a lot of resources.