**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What am I missing about ikarus?

ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 ★★★
So I did the control challenge yeah, og sw for that nice solo, on to mutant. So I watched a video of happy mcmuffins solo ikarus with AA. Went that looks like me.

Ok so I get if I intercept him if I apply bleed at same time he well go unstoppable. So no dramas just don't intercept just bait heavy for mm combo and heavy intercept his sp1.

On paper this seems legitimate but he keeps going unstoppable when I intercept his sp1 and I can't workout why. Is it an interaction I don't understand? is it a bug? I never once saw this trigger on happys video but it triggers constantly for me.

Chasing those fine detail people to inform me what is going on that I possibly missed.

Comments

• MolagMolag Posts: 17
    Fryday said:

I also had this problem a numbers of time. I even try hold block a little longer after he have finished is SP1 and he still go Unstoppable. Not sure what triggering his Fury.

Was that also with AA?
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 ★★★
    Molag said:

My only guess is that the game is considering his poison damage reduction as an immunity and therefore applying the fury effect which in turn is triggering the unstoppable. Would be interesting to know if this is a bug or intended though as 20% poison damage reduction isn’t an immunity?

That cannot be the case as I had poison on him before that and didn't trigger the unstoppable.

Cut that bit out of a video to make the gif but here is the source as it is clearer

https://youtu.be/NdQM_goz72A
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 989 ★★★★
    This happened to me a couple of times as well… it felt to me like after finishing his sp1 he immediately dashes and even though the distance is very less for dashing the purification still triggers from might charge and due to that bleed he goes unstoppable.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

So I did the control challenge yeah, og sw for that nice solo, on to mutant. So I watched a video of happy mcmuffins solo ikarus with AA. Went that looks like me.

Ok so I get if I intercept him if I apply bleed at same time he well go unstoppable. So no dramas just don't intercept just bait heavy for mm combo and heavy intercept his sp1.

On paper this seems legitimate but he keeps going unstoppable when I intercept his sp1 and I can't workout why. Is it an interaction I don't understand? is it a bug? I never once saw this trigger on happys video but it triggers constantly for me.

Chasing those fine detail people to inform me what is going on that I possibly missed.

The game considers purification/removals as immunities. You can see this when phasing debuffs with ghost. When you use heavy and convert the poison/bleeds to neurotoxins it counts as an immunity
  • FrydayFryday Posts: 654 ★★★
    Molag said:

Fryday said:

I also had this problem a numbers of time. I even try hold block a little longer after he have finished is SP1 and he still go Unstoppable. Not sure what triggering his Fury.

Was that also with AA?
    Hi @Molag , yep it happened to me when I was using AA, well I only tried out with Pro X and AA.

I might give IAbom a try to see how the interaction go.
    So I just try it with IAbom, applied a few Poisons and no unexpected Unstoppable.

I try it again with AA, and got an unexpected (or at least unexplainable yet) Unstoppable. I did a SP1 that was following from my combo, all hits where landing, got 1 Toxin, some Bleed and Poison applied to Ikaris, and suddenly Ikaris got Unstoppable in the middle of my combo, no block, no Parry.

Does seem really strange (unless I missed something again from the list of description and Node details) lol
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 ★★★

The game considers purification/removals as immunities. You can see this when phasing debuffs with ghost. When you use heavy and convert the poison/bleeds to neurotoxins it counts as an immunity
    What gave me the idea for aa was this

https://youtu.be/7vuEi8iq5h4

If what you are saying is true why didn't it work for mcmuffins as he does same as I and it never happens to him.
  • DrasiDrasi Posts: 7
    So I haven't tried with AA yet but with Domino and Apoc I receive a burst damage every time he's throwing his sp1 while I have heal block and armor break on me. Why is that? The node description only says that you are getting debuffs on you nothing about burst damage. Anyone can help me? Also with Claire this didn't happen
  • UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    Drasi said:

So I haven't tried with AA yet but with Domino and Apoc I receive a burst damage every time he's throwing his sp1 while I have heal block and armor break on me. Why is that? The node description only says that you are getting debuffs on you nothing about burst damage. Anyone can help me? Also with Claire this didn't happen

That's not the node, that's ikaris's ability. If he has over 7 energize buffs he causes burst of energy damage when using specials against non mystics. You have to only use mediums and heavies to not give him energize buffs.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Drasi said:

With mutant u can’t use light attack only medium but have to use sp to remove the plasmas donations things.
  • I tried AA but had to go to prof x because when I played AA, Ikarus AI was very uncooperative

If what you are saying is true why didn't it work for mcmuffins as he does same as I and it never happens to him.
    No idea. Is it possible it's the aar from toxin made it so?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    @ccrider474 all I can think of is that when Happy applies his neuro’s he just gets lucky that the unstoppable doesn’t trigger.

Obviously that doesn’t take away from his solo, we can restart over and over to get the lucky start. But it just means you might need to keep trying and get a good run where the unstoppable doesn’t trigger while getting your first neuros on

Then unawakened AA should always trigger the unstoppable when converting to neuros right? I tried with my unawakened 5* as well, it sometimes triggers and sometimes doesn't. There's something else at play here
    edited May 2022
    Uvogin said:

Then unawakened AA should always trigger the unstoppable when converting to neuros right? I tried with my unawakened 5* as well, it sometimes triggers and sometimes doesn't. There's something else at play here
    Could you record a vid? To better understand
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    It because after he sp it like he dashed at you meant he gian the imunnty but the dash shouldn’t tigger
    So I can confirmed that is happen when AA convert Poison and Bleed into Toxin. It is also RNG, so doesn't not happen all the time (but enough for you to get KOed unexpectedly), so it didn't happened in Happy M is down to pure RNG.

As for why it happen and more importantly should have (i.e an intentionally design) or is this another bugs (because of codes interacting unexpected) only the Kabam team can look into this and respond.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Fryday said:

So I just try it with IAbom, applied a few Poisons and no unexpected Unstoppable.

I try it again with AA, and got an unexpected (or at least unexplainable yet) Unstoppable. I did a SP1 that was following from my combo, all hits where landing, got 1 Toxin, some Bleed and Poison applied to Ikaris, and suddenly Ikaris got Unstoppable in the middle of my combo, no block, no Parry.

Does seem really strange (unless I missed something again from the list of description and Node details) lol

Try with ibom and get his acid burn cuz that will act similarly to AA's poson and bleed being turned into neurotoxin.
    DawsMan said:

Fryday said:

Try with ibom and get his acid burn cuz that will act similarly to AA's poson and bleed being turned into neurotoxin.
    Sadly my IAbom is low ranking, so never survived long enough to do a SP2 to try it out, only manage to get a few poisons to test, so we know it isn't Poison that cause it. Plus I'm mainly want to practice and focus on AA, cause he at last cover 1 Objective. As far as just beating Ikaris for fun then I think Tigra would be my go too :D

Just wondering if this is intentionally or a bug
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Fryday said:

DawsMan said:

Fryday said:

Sadly my IAbom is low ranking, so never survived long enough to do a SP2 to try it out, only manage to get a few poisons to test, so we know it isn't Poison that cause it. Plus I'm mainly want to practice and focus on AA, cause he at last cover 1 Objective. As far as just beating Ikaris for fun then I think Tigra would be my go too :D

Just wondering if this is intentionally or a bug
    I'll give it a go. I'm just wondering because I want to test AverageDesi's theory that the debuffs being removed and turned into a passive is considered immunity.

Uvogin said:

Could you record a vid? To better understand
    @AverageDesi
    Video 1:
    https://youtu.be/0ej_F0IKRGg

Now I thought this was happening because one heavy attack was triggering 2 neuros but that's not the case :
    https://youtu.be/UeN8IQf4ZK0
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    yep this is the random unstoppables that i mentioned in another thread. KABOOM. that's all i can come up with. didn't matter who i used, no debuffs etc whatever he just randomly went unstoppable.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I’m getting the same random unstoppables when I intercept him with sym supreme. Such a horrible interaction. You can’t use skill in this fight if you can’t intercept as the mighty charge node Intended. This requires no skill at all if it’s bugged now. I can’t intercept with sym in his bleed phase or he’ll go unstoppable

I’m getting the same random unstoppables when I intercept him with sym supreme. Such a horrible interaction. You can’t use skill in this fight if you can’t intercept as the mighty charge node Intended. This requires no skill at all if it’s bugged now. I can’t intercept with sym in his bleed phase or he’ll go unstoppable

It's not random
  • DarkGuardianDarkGuardian Posts: 184 ★★

yes, becasue you hitted him while he had mighty charge active its how it works with him