**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How was your experience with Eternity of Pain?

PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
Hello all,
I would like to ask all the thronebreaker and paragon players... How was your experience in fighting Week 1 Crossbones and now Week 2 Ikaris? I am aware that if you are paragon you will get all the milestones. As I am not thronebreaker yet I will have to give this event a pass until I manage to reach thronebreaker before the entire event ends. What counters did you use for Crossbones and Ikaris? I feel the fights have been designed quite well in my opinion... based on my skill and gameplay I would have had massive trouble with crossbones(still have PTSD from fighting 6.1 crossbones lol) and I feel ikaris might be the easier of the two. Feel free to share your opinions and feedbacks.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    30ish said:

Yeah the real pain is in the final week, where you have to do 4 fights in a row with just 3 champs & you ain’t restarting when you cleared 1-2 fights.

30ish said:

Yeah the real pain is in the final week, where you have to do 4 fights in a row with just 3 champs & you ain’t restarting when you cleared 1-2 fights.

At least u can get a better use of team revies there’s I’m unfortunately had a horrible. Time against irkaris.
  • 30ish30ish Posts: 177 ★★
    It took me, plethora of practice & time to get a solo with my 5* 5/65 sig21 prof.X with just 106 hits (No boosts). Yet, this is some tough nodes on Ikaris but absolutely doable.

Patience, try & try you’ll get used to the playstyle of prof.X. Atleast you have time 6 days left to do it. I would advice get used to the playstyle as on the final week, it is a big hurdle to do all 4 fights in a row.
  • Sinedd92Sinedd92 Posts: 94
    Both fights were nice, challenging, but not difficult to solo after several attempts. I'm worried about the last week with all the fights at once
  • Your PTSD would be triggered for sure with crossbones because they used the same AI as 6.1. I used King Groot and some revives for crossbones, but Ikaris I got the solo with BWCV and Prof X. Ikaris was easier due to a more normal AI while crossbones was very passive and had bane so it was more of me rushing in
    DrZola said:

CB was frustrating unless the AI cooperated. Once I was able to establish a rhythm with a special-happy CB, it wasn’t bad at all. I used Warlock and Nimrod.

Ikaris is different because the options are restrictive outside of mystics. For the initial clear, Voodoo worked well (lag cost me a revive at 8% health) and gave me two points. Currently working on the solo/near-solo with Prof X. Honestly, I never bothered learning Prof X fully, so this is a good chance for experience playing the champ.

So overall, not a bad experience.

Dr. Zola

Agerd this where’s a sole and hav learned a bit much lost my prowess like ever time because Ai. He’s don’t use he sp.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    I cheesed him with Ronan….easy 1 pt

Now I have 6 days to beat him with Prof X…
    Bulmkt said:

I cheesed him with Ronan….easy 1 pt

Now I have 6 days to beat him with Prof X…

U can do it may the force be with u.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Did all three objectives for both. CB was annoying due to AI but not hard. Ik was an actual skill fight, which was fun.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Didn't have time to do cb but it was really hard for me for some reason. Ikarus was an easy solo with Ronan and after a couple tries a solo with prof x.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★

I think it requires patience than anything

I traded revives for patience on Ikaris and not regretting it at all.
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 694 ★★★
    I’m an average player at best (and that might be a stretch). It took me a quite a few tries to get both matches done. I soloed CB with Omega Sentinel, and took a few attempts to get him with Warlock. Icaris also took a few attempts, but seemed not too difficult with both Sym Sup and Voodoo. For some reason, I just can’t get the knack of Prof X so I’m a standstill there. If anything, it is helping me learn his mechanics a little more. Hopefully I can figure it out in the next six days.
  • ThomildoThomildo Posts: 440 ★★★
    DrZola said:

CB was frustrating unless the AI cooperated. Once I was able to establish a rhythm with a special-happy CB, it wasn’t bad at all. I used Warlock and Nimrod.

Ikaris is different because the options are restrictive outside of mystics. For the initial clear, Voodoo worked well (lag cost me a revive at 8% health) and gave me two points. Currently working on the solo/near-solo with Prof X. Honestly, I never bothered learning Prof X fully, so this is a good chance for experience playing the champ.

So overall, not a bad experience.

Dr. Zola

This sums up my experience pretty well too. But i doubt i’ll do the prof X fight. Don’t think i’ll have the patience to learn him in the next couple of days.
    The hardest part with these two fights is getting the ai to play ball and throw specials. When they don’t turtle and you find the rythm it’s not that bad.
  • ZiedkasemZiedkasem Posts: 9
    Noobda Posts: 575 ★★★7:11AM
    Crossbones was easier for me than Ikaris. I did all three objectives of Crossbones within 30 mins of EOP released . But , Ikaris took more time and numerous tries for me personally trying with diverse options.

Overall , I feel the rewards are worth the effort and time

I agree with you for this
    The rewards are worth against the effort, the time and the concentration made
    Ikaris has took more than 20 trys to do it he is abnormal
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Easier than expected.

Farmed a bunch of revives and both guys I got decent runs that got me thinking "I can probably solo this"; got the solos with Sentinel and Professor X.

Will still stockpile revives for final week and not try for the solos then.
  • FuskieFuskie Posts: 108
    Beat Ikaris with a maxed 2* sig 72 Ronan and a maxed 3* sig 99 Ronan just for fun and this was the hit count.
  • FuskieFuskie Posts: 108
    This was the 2*
  • TeddersTedders Posts: 128 ★★
    This is the best content in the game.....hard enough to make you think about how to approach the fight but still doable by most players
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Thank you all... I hope the Act 6 changes will make my thronebreaker run easier. I wish to at least take a shot at Eternity of Pain before the event ends.
  • waterboy_222waterboy_222 Posts: 8
    it's really funny