**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ikaris Solo with Prof X!

RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
edited May 2022 in Strategy and Tips

5* R5 Prof X with a 200% mutant power booster made the fight easier!

Took me about an hour before I stopped taking hits to the face lol

Feel free to ask any questions if you are trying with Prof!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Sw33tySw33ty Posts: 24
    Congratulation mate. Various youtuber also did the same, but none giving guide what to do or what not to do, strategy or rotation...mind telling the strategy here? I am an average prof.x user skillwise. Thanks in advance
  • KGold29KGold29 Posts: 40
    Wow! That's pretty good! Any video? What's your strategy?
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,037 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    I'd like to know what your general strategy was as well. All of the YouTube solos I can find just have them playing and not talking or explaining.

Also love how you have almost full health.
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★

I'd like to know what your general strategy was as well. All of the YouTube solos I can find just have them playing and not talking or explaining.

Also love how you have almost full health.

@willrun4adonut I parried twice by accident lol

Also, just watched @BeroMan s 5* video… I had a cleaner fight than the Prof X master lol 😂
    Rillian said:

And the usual special
    rotation for prof x is…?

@Rillian just spam specials, heavy cancelling into all of them. On the last sp1 you can throw, dash back instead of hold heavy

• Strangecraft069Strangecraft069 Posts: 183
    edited May 2022
    Riptide said:

Also, just watched @BeroMan s 5* video… I had a cleaner fight than the Prof X master lol 😂

Yes, i felt same (r3 prof in picture against near perfect ai)

Riptide said:

Yes, i felt same (r3 prof in picture against near perfect ai)

Nice!

• KGold29KGold29 Posts: 40
    Riptide said:

@Sw33ty @willrun4adonut @KGold29

Sorry, I didn’t record it, but I’ll do my best to explain my strategy. I might try and make a video tomorrow…

To start the fight, dex and hit into his block. First two combos into his block should be MLLL then MLL. That will give him 5 energize and make pushing him to sp1 easier.

Then only hit him with heavies, specials, and Mediums into block. Use the blocked hits to gain space.

Heavy counter his sp1, by dashing back, pausing, then dashing back again. Or you can dash back three times.

When your falter is on cooldown, hit into his block with Mediums to gain space, and heavy counter his sp1.

When your falter is up, go for heavy intercepts. Once you get the hang of it, you can heavy intercept him consistently.

Don’t hit him with ANY non bloced Mediums or Lights, and don’t hit into his block with lights.

For specials, build up to just under an Sp3 at the start, then execute the usual special rotation. Make sure to end with a prowess refresh.

After that, try and build to your Sp2 before the prowesses expire, but don’t be afraid to use your Sp1s.

That’s pretty much it! LMK if you have any questions. I’ll try and record a vid tomorrow

Very nice! Thank you very much for that guide! I think this write-up is very clear and straight to the point.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

There were 150 successful hits, plus 300+ hitting blocks.
    Painful but interesting experience lol.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Riptide said:

This aged horribly
    KGold29 said:

Riptide said:

@Sw33ty @willrun4adonut @KGold29

Sorry, I didn’t record it, but I’ll do my best to explain my strategy. I might try and make a video tomorrow…

To start the fight, dex and hit into his block. First two combos into his block should be MLLL then MLL. That will give him 5 energize and make pushing him to sp1 easier.

Then only hit him with heavies, specials, and Mediums into block. Use the blocked hits to gain space.

Heavy counter his sp1, by dashing back, pausing, then dashing back again. Or you can dash back three times.

When your falter is on cooldown, hit into his block with Mediums to gain space, and heavy counter his sp1.

When your falter is up, go for heavy intercepts. Once you get the hang of it, you can heavy intercept him consistently.

Don’t hit him with ANY non bloced Mediums or Lights, and don’t hit into his block with lights.

For specials, build up to just under an Sp3 at the start, then execute the usual special rotation. Make sure to end with a prowess refresh.

After that, try and build to your Sp2 before the prowesses expire, but don’t be afraid to use your Sp1s.

That’s pretty much it! LMK if you have any questions. I’ll try and record a vid tomorrow

Very nice! Thank you very much for that guide! I think this write-up is very clear and straight to the point.
    Your welcome! I tried my best to explain my strategy 🙂

Reference said:

There were 150 successful hits, plus 300+ hitting blocks.
    Painful but interesting experience lol.

Yeah, it’s an interesting fight. I actually enjoyed it once I got into the rhythm lol

Malreck04 said:

Riptide said:

This aged horribly
    Malreck04 said:
    Well there goes my moment of fame lol

• willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,037 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:
    Well there goes my moment of fame lol

I saw yours first so that’s who’ll I’ll remember. Thanks for the write up @Riptide . Just did it with a massively boosted r3 duped Prof X and 3 L1 revives. I would have spent so much more without your knowledge.

I saw yours first so that’s who’ll I’ll remember. Thanks for the write up @Riptide . Just did it with a massively boosted r3 duped Prof X and 3 L1 revives. I would have spent so much more without your knowledge.

That’s great mate! I’m glad I helped :)