**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which 5* awakening did you get ?

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Mutant
    I would use it on my ultron since he’s rank 4 and I’m not taking up another tech for a while. I run suicides and love my ultron
  • Skill
    Gonna save it for the future and hopefully pull a 5 star blade
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Science
    I got science and I'm pretty happy with it. Awakened my Hulk and will R3 him to pair with my Thor Ragnarok for their dope synergy
  • KinggyyKinggyy Posts: 37
    I had 1 of every class except science and got my 2nd tech
  • Tech
    DrZola wrote: »
    None of the above because I didn't buy.

I swore to myself last week I wouldn't even buy a generic 5* AG offer at $0.99. Then when I saw the offers, I went back and forth and decided to use units to spin a GMC and let the RNGenie determine whether I would get the Odin. Result? Dupe of my 4* Loki. Just not good enough...

I've lived without a dupe of my 5* SL or Magik for nearly two years now (or, for that matter, someone worth the skill and cosmic 5* AGs on ice in my inventory). Pretty sure I can make it for the foreseeable future.

What is disappointing, however, is that the game team elevates in-game spend over loyal and frequent gameplay to achieve meaningful progression. And even that in-game spend is all but certain to bring an undesirable result. Predictable, but disappointing.

Dr. Zola

How is it possible that Kabam simultaneously rewards spending over game play, and always gives undesirable results to spending. That seems logically impossible.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Science
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I swore to myself last week I wouldn't even buy a generic 5* AG offer at $0.99. Then when I saw the offers, I went back and forth and decided to use units to spin a GMC and let the RNGenie determine whether I would get the Odin. Result? Dupe of my 4* Loki. Just not good enough...

I've lived without a dupe of my 5* SL or Magik for nearly two years now (or, for that matter, someone worth the skill and cosmic 5* AGs on ice in my inventory). Pretty sure I can make it for the foreseeable future.

What is disappointing, however, is that the game team elevates in-game spend over loyal and frequent gameplay to achieve meaningful progression. And even that in-game spend is all but certain to bring an undesirable result. Predictable, but disappointing.

Dr. Zola

How is it possible that Kabam simultaneously rewards spending over game play, and always gives undesirable results to spending. That seems logically impossible.

He didn’t say “rewards.” He said “elevates.” And that is true. More opportunities to get 5 star awakening gems by spending over playing, even playing 24/7.

• ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Science
    I know this isn't official... but it does seem odd that science is twice as many as the others.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Science

Dr. Zola

SCIENCE!
  • Jonrdz1Jonrdz1 Posts: 201
    Science
    I got science no.more spending for me
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Mystic
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    I know this isn't official... but it does seem odd that science is twice as many as the others.

Just people who aren’t salty with their mystics mutant and tech pulls don’t complain. Lol
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Cosmic
    Yea, wtf is this cosmic BS....never spend again. Unless it's generic for 29.99, it's not worth it. The only reason I spent for the like 1st time ever is because I wanted to possibly get a tech or mutant AND get the units I know I would have needed in the future. Of course, I spun some GM crystals and got all 3* like usual, and back to being salty AF.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★

Dr. Zola

You seem like a smart guy. It isn't.

"Elevates" doesn't mean the same thing as "rewards." And "always" doesn't mean the same thing as "all but certain." And while I'm assuming you're simply trying to be cute, I think you've probably played the game long enough to understand what I mean.

Dr. Zola
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Mystic
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    Yea, wtf is this cosmic BS....never spend again. Unless it's generic for 29.99, it's not worth it. The only reason I spent for the like 1st time ever is because I wanted to possibly get a tech or mutant AND get the units I know I would have needed in the future. Of course, I spun some GM crystals and got all 3* like usual, and back to being salty AF.

2/6.. that’s 33% chance of getting what you want. The odds aren’t in your favor.

And you got units... whee. Got the 5* awakening free. Oh wait.. you spent them all on GM crystals.. whose fault is that?
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    Where is the "Didn't waste my money" choice?
    Let me choose my class, I was prepared to pony up.
  • SparhaukSparhauk Posts: 22
    Science
    I almost broke my phone when I pulled science. So pissed. So **** pissed.
  • edited November 2017
    Skill
    3rd skill btw, spun 10 crystals for blade and thor rags and missed out, also had a skill 5* crystal waiting for when GP was added, bc i had 2 gems at the time, got AV

At this stage in the game, with t2a still scarce i have the resources to rank 2 more 5* to r4. I want to make a smart decision, and dont have any champions i deem worthy
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Cosmic
    I got mine from that rank down tickets event

I d never buy that expensive **** for a random gem when my only decent 5* unawakened champs are Starlord and Voodoo. I got dupped Hulk and YJ, so if i got a science one i d prob smash my phone
  • Nanimal79Nanimal79 Posts: 99
    edited November 2017
    My 5*'s are IP, HB, LC, Ant-Man, OG BP, WS, Gambit, Juggs, and HE, none duped. With my luck why would I even try? HE is good and Gambit is ok, but that's it. No one worth awakening. Already have a skill gem just sitting there.
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    Mutant
    From lol mutant i use it on ice man from act5 cosmic used to hyprion and free from kabam was tech used on sl lol I recently got dr voodoo want use act5 full reward for him lol
  • Jets44Jets44 Posts: 71
    Mystic
    Zerov wrote: »
    I have 3 Science, and 4th one would have sent me into permanent retirement..

That was me with comics I had 3 and I said if I got a 4th one that was it.
  • Tech

Dr. Zola

You seem like a smart guy. It isn't.

"Elevates" doesn't mean the same thing as "rewards." And "always" doesn't mean the same thing as "all but certain." And while I'm assuming you're simply trying to be cute, I think you've probably played the game long enough to understand what I mean.

Dr. Zola

I understood exactly what you meant. It seems I just should never attempt to exercise economy. For the game team to "elevate" in-game spending over "frequent gameplay" in any meaningful fashion, there must be some player-facing benefit that is strong enough and frequent enough for that "elevation" to be non-trivial and not totally misleading to characterize in that fashion. For that threshold to be reached, the player-facing benefits cannot be low enough to be characterized as "all but certain to bring an undesirable result" because the reasonable threshold to make that statement not misleading requires the player-facing benefits to be trivial in the aggregate. To be "all but certain to be undesirable" and yet desirable enough in the tiny minority of circumstances to be "elevating" is contradictory on its face unless those words are used in a literal but totally misleading way.
  • Nemsa_M4nNemsa_M4n Posts: 97
    Cosmic
    Cosmic. Again. Then cleared 1st path of lol 2 days later to pull another cosmic gem. That's now 4 in total and 1 science. Horrible
    @DNA3000

Ask mutamatt or Nemsa what “elevating” but “all but certain to be undesirable” looks like...

Dr. Zola
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Skill
    i had 3 awakening gem crystals... LOL easy path, 5.3, Cyber monday odin deal.
    What do you know, ALL three were skill. hahaha? Awakened Blade. Yay! Now 1% chance to get Gwenpool from basic. I guess I'm hoping Taskmaster is great.
  • Sp3edD3m0nSp3edD3m0n Posts: 90
    edited December 2017
    Mystic
    I got a mystic. I then opened a 5 star basic crystal and got voodoo. While I am happy with the pull I already have a 4r5 voodoo.

Unfortunately, I got 2 tech T4, and one of of my valor t4s was also tech. So dont have the resources to take him to 5r4.
  • Tech
    @DNA3000

Ask mutamatt or Nemsa what “elevating” but “all but certain to be undesirable” looks like...

Dr. Zola

That's word games through indirection. If you're saying that someone who gets something that could theoretically have high value but is worthless to them situationally is "elevating" that falls explicitly into the problem I specified: it misleadingly characterizes something as "elevating" in theory when it doesn't actually elevate in practice. If Kabam has deliberately designed the system to provide theoretically high value items in a way that makes them impossible to use in a way that unlocks their value, that's just a clever way of making cosmetically valuable items valueless. And that's an explicit way of punishing, not elevating, spending.
    @DNA3000

Dr. Zola

That's word games through indirection. If you're saying that someone who gets something that could theoretically have high value but is worthless to them situationally is "elevating" that falls explicitly into the problem I specified: it misleadingly characterizes something as "elevating" in theory when it doesn't actually elevate in practice. If Kabam has deliberately designed the system to provide theoretically high value items in a way that makes them impossible to use in a way that unlocks their value, that's just a clever way of making cosmetically valuable items valueless. And that's an explicit way of punishing, not elevating, spending.

Not word games. In order for an item to have the potential to trigger spend, it simply has to appear valuable in theory. Once that threshold is crossed, its actual value in practice is chiefly relevant to future spending decisions. As for an item’s value in practice, I believe the term I used was “undesirable,” not “valueless,” nor did I say that items were “impossible” to use. Undesirable results frustrate. And frustration is both distinct from punishment and potentially more potent as a motivating force.

Its a fun conversation. Ultimately, I think you have a great deal of faith in the game engine, while I tend not to share that faith.

Dr. Zola