**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Boring

Zan0Zan0 Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
As the title suggests that’s all I can honestly say about 8.1

I’m deeply saddened that it’s just act 7 all over again, after act 6 concluded we’ve gone from having new exciting things to the map designs all being almost unrecognisable from each other. All of the quests are exactly the same 6 paths of 6 fights where all enemies have the same nodes and we end on a selection of 3 bosses.

I miss the days of act 5 and 6, excitingly waiting for the new content to drop because they always had something interesting in store for us with cool map designs.

Act 5: in 5.1 we got thrown into the deep end with a huge step up in difficulty, 5.2 we again got some new hard content with really well designed nodes and it concluding in the collector fight, 5.3 we got the key system and even though some people weren’t fans of it I liked it because it was something new and fresh, 5.4 we got the locked maps that made the first few weeks a challenge

Act 6: in 6.1 just like 5.1 we were thrown in the deep end with difficulty and it was a good step up, 6.2 we got all of the gates and just like the key system not everyone likes it but it’s still something new and along with it we got some of the most memorable bosses we still talk about today, 6.3 they gave us boosts on paths that could help us take on other tricky paths, 6.4 we got a boss fight that completely changed what we define as a boss fight with the grandmaster.

If I were to be shown an image of some map anywhere in act 5 or 6 I’d instantly be able to recognise it and tell you where it is and what boss is there but I’m afraid I can’t say the same for all of act 7 and now act 8.

I really hope that we get some innovation soon because this isn’t working

Comments

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I mean, it's definitely not leagues different, but I did appreciate the change from the Paradox system to the weapon system that they added.

Do you have any suggestions on how they should improve it or make it different? That might make this into usable feedback instead of just pointing out contentions.

Personally, I think they could have added something different with the boss islands. Don't get me wrong, I love the single champion choice part, but maybe changing the number of bosses available, or having three bosses in a row that you could travel to and either fight the final one, the final two, or all three. This could give an increased difficulty, but also allow for a bad run to just take the final boss, while on a run that you finish with mostly full health, you could choose to fight all of them. Would take some serious champion choice and strategy decisions, but that is one of the fun aspects of the SOP/EOP fights.

Also, there has been a trend for a while of allowing players to switch between paths/nodes at least halfway through, allowing for interesting interaction and team planning. It could be fun/challenging to have mandatory switches halfway through paths so your team has to account for two different nodes and their associated defenders.

Just some thoughts. Don't sue me.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Zan0 said:

I mean, it's definitely not leagues different, but I did appreciate the change from the Paradox system to the weapon system that they added.

Do you have any suggestions on how they should improve it or make it different? That might make this into usable feedback instead of just pointing out contentions.

Personally, I think they could have added something different with the boss islands. Don't get me wrong, I love the single champion choice part, but maybe changing the number of bosses available, or having three bosses in a row that you could travel to and either fight the final one, the final two, or all three. This could give an increased difficulty, but also allow for a bad run to just take the final boss, while on a run that you finish with mostly full health, you could choose to fight all of them. Would take some serious champion choice and strategy decisions, but that is one of the fun aspects of the SOP/EOP fights.

Also, there has been a trend for a while of allowing players to switch between paths/nodes at least halfway through, allowing for interesting interaction and team planning. It could be fun/challenging to have mandatory switches halfway through paths so your team has to account for two different nodes and their associated defenders.

If I were to boil down my feedback into one sentence it would be “let the quest designers off the chain!”
    Unfortunately, most of the community doesn't want challenging. Most will be very happy with how boring Act 8 is because it's low effort high reward.
    There's no question that it should be a step up from Act 7, but it's also a matter of keeping progression consistent. As we've seen with the change in direction and the adjustments in Act 6, too far out of alignment is not something they have as a goal. Also, the first Chapter will be easier than the following ones, as always.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    I don't think it's THAT easy. I took part in all Act 7 Betas. It was challenging, but not overly. There's also the fact that Champs have become stronger now, so for someone who has done everything, it's really not going to challenge them as much.
    The overtuned nature of Act 6 was primarily because it was designed to be an obstacle for the top Players. Unfortunately, when you follow that path, it becomes an arc that is increasingly harder for other Players to grow into. Story is progressional content. It's meant to be a progression. When you bump it up too much, it becomes a stifling roadblock.
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 619 ★★★
    I think Kabam already mentioned changing directions when it comes to story content difficulty. Like some have pointed out, Act 6 was meant to be a roadblock/challenge for endgamers, but now we have things like gauntlent, SOP, carinas etc. And champions are getting stronger too. Speaking from my personal experience, I HATED Act 6 when I did initial clear. But when I came back to explore with a built up roster, it was a mixture of fun and hate (mostly from BS fights like havok and capiw to name a few). Act 6 had a lot of restrictions when it comes to best counters for fights that's why people with stacked rosters enjoyed it more because act 6 needed both skill and roster. Majority of players did not have diverse rosters so it felt punishing a lot. Plus, now Kabam are releasing more champs with utility that would have been helpful back then. Imagine telling someone you either need ghost+hood or units to beat a boss. The grandmaster fight, even though its annoying, you did not a specific champ to beat him. It's more skilled based. But we have good old CapIW. Anyways, the only way Kabam would crank up the difficulty is if we go back to story content being roadblocks and the rewards should also justify it
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    For the record I just wanted to state that I'm good with the direction the acts have gone in. An easy act 8 is cool with me but I'm looking forward to more end game content like Eternity of Pain in the future.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I suggest everyone go and take the survey they sent out, they hopefully look at the feedback there. But here's my opinion about this. You look at the difference between Act 6 and Act 7. It is completely different. We see new nodes, a new layout for paths, switch-out nodes, more continuity in paths, rewards, etc. None of that was in Act 6. Literally the ONLY thing that is different between Act 7 and 8 is the weapon nodes. It feels like I just did Act 7.5. Nothing other than some of the nodes on some paths feels different. There was no "big thing" that changed, and that made it a bit less exciting.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    I made a similar post earlier. It has just been a monotonous slog.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Bring back the gates would be a start.. makes you think, use different champs and overall creates more enjoyment.

I get some people see walking over content as enjoyment. But that is what variants were designed for - after v1 (when they again decided it was too hard for average players)
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    I enjoyed it for the most part. It seems to have the right difficulty as its just Chapter 1 and is a notch above Act 7. I enjoyed the weapon system which is a change from previous acts. I mean what would you expect them to change more? Typically it's just adding a new system of nodes. Any ideas or just complaining? They still have 3 more acts to work on. My major complaint about act 6 was just all the paths and the length. The fights were fun its just the amount of fights wore the team down too much to get to the boss on many paths.
  • This is upsetting news
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

If I were to be shown an image of some map anywhere in act 5 or 6 I’d instantly be able to recognise it and tell you where it is and what boss is there but I’m afraid I can’t say the same for all of act 7 and now act 8

Yup. There's no character to any of the act 7)8 quests. Unlike act 6 where some unique fights existed throughout
  • ZEDMAN33ZEDMAN33 Posts: 48
    Act8 was so boring. I loved the old version of Act 6 with specific class gates and star requirements.
    Absolute snooze fest is Act 8 😴
    Not one bit of creativity from Kabam in Act 8. Very ordinary
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Possible solution to make Act 8 more interesting:

1. Create more cuts scenes and change the layout. Maybe add new colors.

2. Bring in new organizations like A.I.M. or Roxxan corporation with NPC that will eventually make their way into the game (Jessica Jones comes to mind). Even if you make her super basic (with the promise that one day you'll bring her into the game with a completely overhauled kit), it would pique the community's interests.

3. Create new stages (this one might be a little bit more complicated)
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 835 ★★★

Zan0 said:

If I were to boil down my feedback into one sentence it would be “let the quest designers off the chain!”
    Unfortunately, most of the community doesn't want challenging. Most will be very happy with how boring Act 8 is because it's low effort high reward.
    There's no question that it should be a step up from Act 7, but it's also a matter of keeping progression consistent. As we've seen with the change in direction and the adjustments in Act 6, too far out of alignment is not something they have as a goal. Also, the first Chapter will be easier than the following ones, as always.
    If Act 8 goes live as it is in the beta, I'd have much more fun time talking to TheTalents about his top 20 AQ alliance.

There's no fun in it. Nothing exciting to really grab your attention. It's vanilla flavored ice cream. They could at least try for French vanilla.
    Hey man don’t knock vanilla ice cream, it’s good

🤪
  • MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Needed more fishbowls