**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cavs and Eternity of Pain

MinderuMinderu Posts: 72 ★★
If a 3* Ronin can destory Icarus then how come Cavalier players can’t play Eternity of Pain? I understand keeping us from rank 4 material, but why not let us access a few of the more basic rewards like T5 class catalysts or 6* shards. It’s really disheartening not getting access to content that you know you could complete.

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    It's not about the difficulty of fights. It's about the rewards. They couldn't give two rats arses about whether or not a toddler could do the fight using a 3* Ronan.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★
    When first download the game and open an account you have to start at act 1. You can’t skip acts 1 to 6 and go straight to act 7. You have to play the game and work your way through. It’s the same with Variants, MEQs and other parts of the game. You have to meet a minimum level to before you can access them. If you want to take part in EOP meet the criteria and you’ll be able to. If you’ve not met the criteria, the contents not yet for you.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

There is an enormous amount of content that Cav have available and very little to no content for TB and Paragon. This week 2 had a cheese but other weeks not as likely and that's when the "this is too hard" or "money grab" posts from cabs would flood forums.

Given tb can access any cav content, I just can't understand how tb and moneygone players have 'very little to no content', as they all have access to cav content as well
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Riptide said:

Mate, if you haven’t completed act 6 yet, you likely don’t have the roster for EoP. If you have and don’t have a R3, you can push act 7

R4 5* would do fine for those fights actually. Eop is not about difficulty, it's more about having access to the challenge
  • ChompyChompy Posts: 55
    Aleor said:

There is an enormous amount of content that Cav have available and very little to no content for TB and Paragon. This week 2 had a cheese but other weeks not as likely and that's when the "this is too hard" or "money grab" posts from cabs would flood forums.

Given tb can access any cav content, I just can't understand how tb and moneygone players have 'very little to no content', as they all have access to cav content as well
    Yes we technically have access to it, but many have likely done most, or all of it. It is not new content for us abd it likely doesnt reward in accordance to what we need.

There have always been gates to content. You cannot just jump into act 6, you must complete previous acts. You cannot just jump into cav EQ without having completed act 6.1. This is the same. You cant jus jump into EOP without having beat act 6 and having a 6* r3 (aka being TB).

The rewards of EOP is not in line with that of the cav player.

TLDR; ACT 6 IS THE CAV EOP
  • airmundoairmundo Posts: 145
    So what’s your take on a Thronebreaker player that has 100% everything except for the revolution carina challenge because they’re missing one of the three champs needed? And because of that it looks like they’re soooo close to a third R4 when really it could be another 6 months to a year before either getting the champ they need or enough content is available to a thronebreaker player to form more materials? Meanwhile they miss out on better rewards available to paragon players.

You do large write outs so genuinely curious where those folks fall under. Some thronebreakers have also exhausted all content but are still being held back in this EoP.
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    I am Cav and on act 6.4.6. Considering the difficulty of the EOP my roster can't handle it even if i became thronebreaker now. This EOP Is way more roster dependent and tougher than previous year Sop.

Just because u saw some u tube video where 3 star ronan does the fight don't assume its easy. Plus that gives only 1 point maybe i guess? And 3 star ronan will take hours to finish the fight.

FYI i have quite developed roster but this eop is i guess for late thronebreakers and paragon. Even Early thronebreakers cannot do this according to me.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Minderu said:

If a 3* Ronin can destory Icarus then how come Cavalier players can’t play Eternity of Pain? I understand keeping us from rank 4 material, but why not let us access a few of the more basic rewards like T5 class catalysts or 6* shards. It’s really disheartening not getting access to content that you know you could complete.

There's two kinds of players. There are players who, when they see higher tier difficulty and rewards aspire to reach them. And there are players who feel they deserve them and are disappointed when they aren't handed them. I say handed, because being handed things for nothing includes opportunities, not just rewards. Progression games are intended for the former, not the latter. The latter need to go find games where no one's progress is ever rewarded, and everyone is treated exactly the same, no matter what they do, no matter how long they do it, forever.
    Man deadass turned this into a commentary about capitalism vs communism💀
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    I think they should of opened it up for cav players too, let them obtain 1 point per week like the SoP last year, as for the roster depth comment... that's just deluded, I was cav in SoP last year, my roster wasn't that great yet I was able to beat most of SoP, just didn't have the time required (or resources) to beat GM ... not to mention the r3 side of it too.

Definitely unfair to leave them out after including them last year
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Mackey said:

I think they should of opened it up for cav players too, let them obtain 1 point per week like the SoP last year, as for the roster depth comment... that's just deluded, I was cav in SoP last year, my roster wasn't that great yet I was able to beat most of SoP, just didn't have the time required (or resources) to beat GM ... not to mention the r3 side of it too.

The last edition (Summer of Pain) was for the top 2 classes of players in the game - they've maintained that in Eternity of Pain. In 4 years time when there is 1 or 2 additional levels past paragon should the Whatever of Pain still be open to Cavaliers?

There are plenty resources in the game for Cavs to reach TB at least - there have been at least 10 editions of Cav EQ (probably more - I'm just using a number) which gave 5% ct5c selectors.

Anyone who seriously wants to be a TB could be one now, and no you dont have to have the best champ to do so - plenty of ppl last year and before took up who they had just to get the next level of rewards. You wouldnt even need to buy deals at July 4th or Cyber weekend - just grind Cav EQ & Side quest every month and finish act 6 completion.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited May 2022
    Mackey said:

You misunderstand though, last year there was no paragon so it was cav and TB at the top. Now it's TB and paragon ad the top which is why the rewards and difficulty is scaled for them. Sure, they could have allowed cavs to join, but why? Then what's stopping them from opening it to uncollected at that point? This is the point of having progression based systems. You want the "better" deals or challenges? Then tou gotta progress
    edited May 2022
    Yes no paragon last year, however, paragon has been around for a mere 3/4 weeks before EoP came about whereas TB was around for a LOT longer than that before SoP came around. Consistency would be nice.

I'm TB so it don't really affect me but I do feel for the cav players. Still don't see (paragon included) why they cant get 1 point. Yes there is plenty of other content to help them players, but that same content was there last year, bit of moot point when you look at it like that 🤷‍♂️
    Lucifire said:

Mackey said:

that same content was there last year, bit of moot point when you look at it like that 🤷‍♂️

That's exactly the point? They still haven't completed the content that has been there since last year yet they want more? Eat only what your appetite allows you to

End of the day I'm just giving my opinion, I dont mean to challenge others opinions. SoP enabled me to get TB as soon as I'd finished act 6 without having to anymore. So I'm speaking from that more than anything. I dont disagree that TB is easier to obtain now compared to then though