**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ability Accuracy Affects Positive Nodes

Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 339 ★★
I’m sure this has been asked before, but is it “working as intended” when lower ability accuracy on the defender is affecting nodes that are helpful to the attacker? For example, I was using Magneto against a metal defender on matador node, it took 32 sp1s before I got 3 bars of power. Doesn’t seem like that should be an ability for the defender, when he uses a special, I get power. Even though the nodes on him, seems like that should be negatively affected if I have lowered ability accuracy.

Comments

• AnArChYAnArChY Posts: 31
    Can't say if it's "working as intended" or not but it happens with AA as well. Always wondered about it but never saw it talked about so I just assumed it's the norm
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    archie has been dealing with loads of those issues, but his toxins dont really need the boosts.
    on the 300% on specials tho, archies toxins get the multiplication and its fun matches each toxin does like 5-7K DOT
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Ability accuracy affects nodes. Does not care for positive or negative
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Nodes are considered the defenders abilities. Helpful or not, ability accuracy will affect them.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

Ability accuracy affects nodes. Does not care for positive or negative

Also, positive and negative depend on other circumstances. E.g. matador, if there was a node that punished you for using specials and one that punished you for having any power, you'd probably want some way to turn off matador.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,358 ★★★★★
    Well nodes used to be only a boost to a defenders abilities so made sense then.

However any node that is in the form:
    When this class
    Does this thing
    To overcome this problem
    Should not be subject to ability accuracy.
    Its just a triumph of mechanics over design creating a poor outcome.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    If they didn't want these to be affected by ability accuracy, they could add that to the node itself. It is what it is. It they don't want it to work that way, it "probably" would've been changed by now as these aren't exactly new nodes you're referring to.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

If they didn't want these to be affected by ability accuracy, they could add that to the node itself. It is what it is. It they don't want it to work that way, it "probably" would've been changed by now as these aren't exactly new nodes you're referring to.

It sucked when this happened in Cav EQ. It was worse with Kang. I’ve accepted it, but it’s a bummer.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,206 ★★★★★
    Many nodes gets affected by AAR.
    One of them is Flux dispersal.
    Very Annoying node lol.