**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• MSJMSJ Posts: 8
    In-Game Name: ¥Scotch¥
    Device and Model: Iphone 13 pro max
    Device operating System: iOS 15.4.1
    Cellular or wifi: Cellular and wifi
    Game Version Installed: 35.0.0
    Game Mode: Everywhere
    Description of Issue: Framerate and Beta input system

Game framerate has been terrible for past few days, from inconsistent frametime to flat on fps drop below 5fps. Please take a look at it.

Plus this new input system works only worse compared to old one. Not only parry is not consistent but sometimes heavy attack and special button does not register at all.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Lag and frame rate drop is ridiculous last few days.
  • TripleDzFinestTripleDzFinest Posts: 9
    I’m on an Apple iPhone 13 Pro max and I’m having issues playing the side quest I’ve played it fine so far on my initial run now I’m 100% it and it keeps giving a no hero error code need help fast!
  • Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    edited May 2022
    Please reinstate the compensation packages. My champions keep doing the following in solo and group content:
    1) throw random heavies because of dropped input
    2) randomly don't move because of dropped input
    3) randomly dash forward and throw a heavy attack because of dropped input
    4) randomly just sit there and block and there is nothing I can do to get them to stop blocking because of dropped input

Yes you have completely fixed the Parry mechanic in the game as far as I'm concerned. Thank you for that, the community greatly appreciates what you did. However the other issues still in the game are severely affecting gameplay and my potion inventory.

I do map 7 in my alliance and I have path six on the Sasquatch boss map in section 2. I don't think you have a single inkling of my struggles. That's the Lazarus path. How can I avoid getting hit if I'm randomly throwing heavies if I'm randomly blocking and I'm randomly dashing forward? It is severely draining my inventory of potions and now you have cut off compensation.

Either reinstate compensation until these other bugs are addressed or I'm going to run out of potions and have to retire from the game. A game I have been playing since it came out that I love to play. However if I choose to spend money on the game it's not going to be the compensate for your bugs. The ball is in your court now. 😕
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Yeah games in terrible state, beta is possibly worse than old game, can’t chain combo to special, as you hit special the last hit in the combo stops 3/4 of the way through to fire the special so the defender just blocks your special then kills you, block dex and parry just decide not to work about 10% of the time, sticky feet after combos so can’t reliably swipe back, specials hitting you when you are out of range (often the first hit connects the. They finish their special but you remain stunned and out of range as they whiff the other hits in the special.
    Ai is different, they don’t hold block anymore when you run at them if they were holding block, instead they are much more jumpy and parry you when they were holding block, or special intercept, night crawler is almost impossible to get to switch stances anymore they just won’t hold block while you are hitting them like they used to

iPhone 12 latest iOS and game version
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    In-Game Name: Born.to.huka
    Device and Model: Iphone 12 Pro / iPad Pro (2020), iPad Pro (2021)
    Cellular or wifi: Cellular and wifi
    Game Version Installed: 35.0.0
    Game Mode: Everywhere
    Description of Issue: Regular and Beta input fail

Using regular inputs, I have the oft described issues. No need to elaborate on those. Using beta, parry is slightly better, double evades still don't work most of the time and I have an additional issue: block fails. I can literally press my left thumb on the screen for seconds, see my champ blocking, only to have the opponent hit straight through it. It often happens in consecutive fights. Very annoying in BG - impossible to get a consistent steak going. I already quit serious alliance stuff when the original issues started, and now left my retirement alliance as well. It's THAT bad. And the beta doesn't really alleviate the issues. It simply comes with a different set.
  • GoofballanatotGoofballanatot Posts: 125
    Game is not fixed, either in the beta or not my champs are not blocking or dashing back or parry. This is getting worse then before and you decide to just drop the compensation, The IGM was a week ago and that is very little notice which is pretty much 0 to the community. The transparency has become no transparency at all and the communication has always been horrible.

EOP is even worse with these issues and for the players that are not top skilled or a “whale” can’t complete this and that eliminates them from the competition.

This game is going down hill fast and soon we will see a notice like MROC.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 444 ★★★
    I swear I’ve had extra missed/slow inputs today than usual today…
  • N0toriousREDN0toriousRED Posts: 10
    edited May 2022
    New iPhone 13
    Newest iOS 15.4.1
    Latest mcoc update
    Wifi and data
    Happens with beta/regular controls on

1- Hard to show without a video but no effect with Parry. No stun or purify. Has happened multiple times.
    2- Dex is slow/sticky like others have said as well.
    3- Delay between my combo end and special which causes opponent to block.

These 3 happen sporadically and so I can’t see a pattern. These issues have started again around the time the AQ maps were updated.

• KajoraKajora Posts: 2
    This week the game no longer blocks at allllllllllllllllllll. I have gotten to the Champion in 6.2.6 and it's a waste of time. I've restarted the game three times and the Champion continues to hit through blocks and parry attempts. Also, a week ago Wednesday I purchased items in the game and did not receive them. Yes, I filled out a ticket for that issue as well. Kabam responded they were swamped with tickets and have not responded to any of my follow up requests in the 10 days since. So you charged me for items, didn't give them to me and now your game is unplayable due to the inability to block/parry. May I ask Kabam Mike or others how is this not stealing?
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    This is basically an update to my post above: the issues seem to be getting progressively worse on the listed devices. Block fails more and more. My champion visibly blocks for seconds (e.g., while trying to bait a heavy in Battlegrounds), the opponent hits straight through it. Additionally, I now have more 'sticky champ' problems, and trouble in getting specials to fire. I will revert to regular controls: this beta kinda sorta helps with parry (still inconsistent, just slightly less so), but adds a ton more issues to the mix. Of note: I can have a few fine-ish fights, in between, but these issues are so prevalent it is borderline impossible to get a decent string of wins in.
  • Severus35Severus35 Posts: 88
    edited May 2022
    n-Game Name: Belphégor
    Device and Model Iphone Xr
    Device operating System: iOS 15.3.1
    Cellular or wifi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: 35.0.1
    Game Mode: Alliance War
    Description of Issue: Opted-in to the New Input system - Beta version. My opponent was able to break my block (on hold)

Edit : i suggest watching the video at half speed.

https://youtu.be/zrIjCBnI3Ro
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: BowTieJohn
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.5.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: v 35.0.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? I am having troubles with my game crashing at random points. Either I will load it up and during the logging in/loading it crashes, or I get in the game start a quest and fight one fight then it crashes, Sometimes I get in three fights then it crashes. It also does this during arena, champion upgrading, or AQ. There seems to be no mode which it doesn't happen in. This has become more of an issue and started around the time Psychoman came into the game and wondering if there is any checking into this.

I reposted similar comments to what I've said before as the issues continue to persist and was curious if Kabam is looking into it. @Kabam Miike
  • Ace1860Ace1860 Posts: 2
    TheAce1860
    IPhone XR
    IOS 15.4.1
    MCOC 35.0.1
    Alliance quest so far

I got a low battery %20 remaining alert mid fight. When I continued the fight i was unable to block. I could dash back and forward but block did not work. They would just stand still.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    I’m having the same issue. It seems to happen when I pull down notifications tab and the game self pauses. Champ will hold heavy until interrupted or until it can’t be held any longer. Afterwards, I can no longer heavy the entire match. Pausing by pull down notifications seems to reset it again.
    iPhone 11
    Newest update on software
  • Deder80Deder80 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Kabam, the game has gotten worse! You said it’s fixed but it has gotten worse with the dex and parry(for iPhone at least). Parry only works a 1/3 of the time a dex is at it’s worst. Ive been trying to to anything but this game is broken. When will the control input be fixed?
  • Zardu_HasseulfraüZardu_Hasseulfraü Posts: 52
    edited May 2022
    In Game Name: Zardu_Hasselfrau
    Devide and Model: Ipad Mini 4
    Operating System: iOS 15.3.1
    Wifi
    Game version installed: 35.0.1
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description: (1) game not responsive to heavy attacks (try to do heavies with no response); (2) randomly afflicted with reverse controls; (3) character will randomly stand still and not respond to any controls at all; (4) character will briefly act as if on autoplay (lost an AW fight to this); (5) blocks are frequently dropped (and so frequently broken); Especially bad in AW and EOP but occurring across all game modes.

The game is in the worst shape for me that it's ever been in, as of May 30, 2022. It isn't borderline unplayable. It's literally unplayable. EOP is out of the question for me given these issues. Cost my alliances a number of deaths due directly to these issues. This is really, really unacceptable. Enjoy this game so much but it's not fun at all right now and there's just only so much more of this I can take. I'm nostalgic for when the only real issue was parry not working. Hoping you can get this sorted out soon.
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 450 ★★★

In Game Name: Zardu_Hasselfrau
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description: (1) game not responsive to heavy attacks (try to do heavies with no response); (2) randomly afflicted with reverse controls; (3) character will randomly stand still and not respond to any controls at all; (4) character will briefly act as if on autoplay (lost an AW fight to this); (5) blocks are frequently dropped (and so frequently broken); Especially bad in AW and EOP but occurring across all game modes.

Devide and Model: iPhone xs
    Operating System: iOS 15.5
    Wifi
    Game version installed: 35.0.1

I was coming here to report the exact same thing. It isn’t consistent from fight to fight. I just went an entire fight not being same to heavy, then very next fight parry/heavy worked just fine
  • BadahBadah Posts: 232 ★★
    edited May 2022
    n-Game Name: Badah
    Device and Model Iphone SE 2020
    Cellular or wifi: both
    Game Version Installed: 35.0.1
    Game Mode: story - 6.3.1
    Description of Issues:
    1-Game freezes, not responding to inputs. got Ko'ed several times.
    2- random reverted controls (dash forward, my player goes back, and vice-versa)
    3- land a strike just by releasing block, get instantly punished by defender
  • G_S_HG_S_H Posts: 75
    In game name: SHARKMAN11213
    Device: Iphone Xr
    IOS: 15.4.1
    Both Cellular and wifi
    Latest Version
    Happens in all game modes
    - Random Lag and extreme freezing or pauses in the game which ruins combat flow, also frames fluctuate from high to low randomly which causes gameplay to feel choppy. I just recently got Cavalier which was much costed many more revives and units due to lag and freezing during big boss battles. Ive tried restarting phone, re installing mcoc, updating ios, clearing cache, no background apps, yet nothing changes it. Whats worse is that it seems to be completely random, 1 second its ok gameplay then the next second full on freeze while trying to parry, intercept, throw a special, its just random.

My thought is that its an issue caused by background processes in the operating system or that the cpu is running at 100% and things like animations are causing it.

Hope this gets resolved

• darshakiyodarshakiyo Posts: 7
    time to say good bye to mcoc i guess. this is crazy. they are focusing on the animations when the devices cant handle it. GOOD luck making the game beautiful. this is now only iphone 13 pro max game. others just suffer.
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    This game must have a fundamental memory issue. Fights are varying from slow, fast, stuttering and freezes. Happening everywhere in the game.

Hopefully kabam addressing this sometime soon and my guess is that a lot of complaints will be reduced dramatically.

Reducing the amount of animations will help too.