**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

With the finalization of BG, how far are we from getting Mastery 2.0?

DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
Can we get an update on how far are we in regards to the introduction of Mastery 2.0?
and if the community can participate in a beta server for the mastery update to provide feedback in order to accelerate the development of the highly anticipated change to the game.
Thank you
our QoL hero @Kabam Zero , can you give us an update please?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    They have already confirmed that masteries will still cost to switch. So likely the mastery update won't help that much in Battlegrounds
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

BG's has to be monetized, but are mastery costs the best way?

Unlimited entries with an entry cost, plus the re-rolls, and recharges.
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    anytime now :wink:
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    You guys are asking the wrong devs…

@Kabam Thel
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Early June... of 2099
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    Any Kabam mod who can reach out to the team and give us answers, please?
  • RebarkRebark Posts: 342 ★★★
    Could some kabam mod please press the button and make the proficiencies free? since they don't intend to give any kind of feedback, do something for the community, I can't stand to spend units or complain about it anymore, I've been complaining about it for 4 years
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I don't even care for Mastery 2.0 which would be nice but really I just want free suicide changes. It LONG overdue or a kit we switch to for half the price of the units or even the same price.

Something needs to be updated as well.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★
    We first heard of a mastery update when Dorky Dave interviewed Kabam in February 2019. That was over 3 years ago, nearly 40 months. Masteries was mentioned in one of the roadmaps a few years ago, but we’ve had no updates. Nothing to even confirm a mastery update is still being planned. The communication on the this has been a real let down. Every thread asking for some info is ignored by the Kabam mod team, at least as far as I’m aware, happy to be corrected. I don’t think it’s to much to confirm yes or no that it’s still in the work and give an approximate projection if it is. We know things can slip, especially when we’ve had COVID, but masteries is a massive part of the game that needs due care and attention. It’s been over 3 years since that Dave interview and I think we deserve an update.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I think Mastery setups should be free to change. All they need to do to balance it is add a separate Cooldown to reset for each tree (Attack, Defense, Proficiencies). Then like any content you can pay units to not wait out that refresh period. Cooldown doesn't even need to be that long, maybe 6 hours. Just long enough so that people who are actively boosting and want to change would still consider it worth it.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Hello Summoners!

We understand the Masteries rework has taken longer than anticipated but I want to reassure you that the changes are still being worked on and you will see them in the future.

With the development of Battlegrounds there’s an additional importance for Masteries as you’ll want to make changes depending on the champions you’ll want to use, however it also adds a layer of complexity to the rework.

While we do not have details on a specific timeline, the plan is to make this process much more approachable for players upon its full implementation. As more details become available to us, we will be sure to pass them onto you!

Thank you for your patience.

You can make masteries free right now. Why hasn't that happened? It will at least provide context so we don't have to continue making discussions revolving around mastery costs. That is a pro player benefit Kabam can change immediately.