**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

To Exit or Not

MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
Yesterday I took on the Grandmaster for the first time. He is currently sitting at 72% health and I’ve sunk a lot of units into him. It’s not that any one challenge is too hard but the AI is just so aggressive ( post infuriate) that I just end up taking hits or missing a challenge because I’m trying to get out of the corner. So now I’m wondering whether or not to exit out or stay in because I’ve invested so many units already and I’m 28% of the way to finishing the fight. I really wanted to get this done pre-nerf. Especially since the nerf wont even help me in this fight! If I hadn’t already dumped so many units I’d just leave and try again but it’s hard walking away when you’ve put in money and some progress has been made. So three questions:
1. Should I leave the quest and just keep trying it from the beginning?
2. If I stay in will I be forced to exit when next months update comes?
3. Any tips for dealing with this aggressive AI that keeps cornering me?

I’d appreciate any constructive feedback people have. I think I am capable of this fight ultimately but I’m going to need a new strategy for dealing with phase 2.

Comments

• Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    Can we see what team you brought in to give you some tips?
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    Sure, my current team is:
    Doom 5/65 awakened
    Apocalypse 5/65 unawakened
    Nick Fury rank 3 awakened
    Magneto 5/65 awakened
    Prof X 5/65 awakened

My 5 and 6 star roster is below:

Ace2319 said:

Can we see what team you brought in to give you some tips?

• LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I'd probably go as far as you can without using anymore units as practice, then go out and back in. I just pushed my way through the first time, and I definitely regret it.
  • DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
    I completed act 6 recently (last week)
    Brought the same team you brought except herc for Nick
    His aggressive ai is actually works better you can get more intercepts and more tokens just the hard part for me was last 1% phase and I completed the fight with 10 L1 revives on doom and profx and 300 units more for healing them up
    Go into fight with a calm mind don't worry if you get hit try to back up the run with as much damage as u can get
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Revived a couple times and merc objective down
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    I’d probably exit out. Watch some more videos and grind units/revives so you feel better prepared. The fight does take some time to learn so don’t get discouraged
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    @MaxtheSilent
    Definitely exit. It only gets worse in Phase 3 (2 was okay).
    Your team is solid. Doom for Phase 1 and 2. Prof X Phase 3. Doom Phase 4.

You will want to build resources and keep going back to practice.
    Never use units until you can get him at least 50% down.
    Use each attempt to learn to intercept him with at least 75% success rate.

Autofight lower levels of the EQ every month and pick lanes that have heals and revives.

This is the hardest fight in the game. Do not expect to have a Youtube experience. The people who like this fight are brilliant interceptors. The people who hate this fight (like me) are terrible interceptors.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Farm revives and potions, watch videos, internalize the fight before going head on. You’ll definitely lose without a plan.
    Ace2319 said:

I’d probably exit out. Watch some more videos and grind units/revives so you feel better prepared. The fight does take some time to learn so don’t get discouraged

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I’m going to try one more revive and if I can’t put a meaningful dent in his health I’ll exit out and just try to get in practice until I can get to the second stage with no revives.
    Lpoo said:

I'd probably go as far as you can without using anymore units as practice, then go out and back in. I just pushed my way through the first time, and I definitely regret it.

Thanks I think that’s what I need to do. I think it’s mostly my nerves getting the best of me at this point.
    Doosra said:

I completed act 6 recently (last week)
    Brought the same team you brought except herc for Nick
    His aggressive ai is actually works better you can get more intercepts and more tokens just the hard part for me was last 1% phase and I completed the fight with 10 L1 revives on doom and profx and 300 units more for healing them up
    Go into fight with a calm mind don't worry if you get hit try to back up the run with as much damage as u can get

Yeah I think being calm is the issue. Maybe I need to find a way to mellow out before trying again. I’m not frustrated but I can feel myself getting stressed when he’s rushing me and even the first dex on the special I’m missing sometimes which is silly because I can dex a single beam 99% of the time in normal play. Hes just in my head.
    Denslo500 said:

@MaxtheSilent

Autofight lower levels of the EQ every month and pick lanes that have heals and revives.

This is the hardest fight in the game. Do not expect to have a Youtube experience. The people who like this fight are brilliant interceptors. The people who hate this fight (like me) are terrible interceptors.

Denslo500 said:

@MaxtheSilent

That’s good advice. Thank you (and everyone on this thread) for the practical advice and perspective. I was worried I’d get a bunch of “get good” responses and while I’ll admit I have plenty of room to improve I think I’m at least an average player. Just hearing my experience isn’t unique helps to not feel defeated to have gotten this close but to struggle this much. I’m going to get some potions and practice the path as much as I can before trying again.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    It is painful, but you could always go hit arenas (lots of them) and use units to revive. Not the best practice, but might be the break you need.
    Watch some videos to make sure you fully understand the fight before resuming.

Either way, good luck man. You're almost there!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    If you're that committed already, I'd say stay and Grind Units and push through. It may take some patience and have your Champs tied up, but you'll get it.