**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Grandmaster

MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
edited May 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I have a few questions about the Grandmaster fight:
1. If you have someone who block unblockable attacks like Sinister and he block the sp1 beam is that a blunder?
2. Does Hercules bonus physical damage count as a damage effect for phase 2 challenge? I found duped Magnetos heavy counts so I didn’t know about Herc.
3. In phase 2 can you trigger wounded without completing each challenge? I saw a video where someone said you could skip a challenge and still get him wounded so I’m confused. I thought you had to do each of the 5 challenges but maybe it’s just 5 total?
4. Can Prof X mind control? Can GM be taunted? I know he can’t be power locked , drained or burned but was wondering about these two power control tools.

I’d appreciate any information you all have on these aspects of the fight as they will inform my team for next attempt at the GM fight.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• FilledPizzaFilledPizza Posts: 119
    For 3, yes, you can fail challenges but they will still count towards the 5 challenges you need to get him wounded. You shouldn't purposefully fail every challenge since if you fail all 5 challenges he'll have the SP3 to use right after he gets out of Wounded, and completing the challenges will also give you competence tokens to increase your wounded damage.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,913 ★★★★★
    Sinister can block the unblockable attacks, no blunder
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Hercules bonus dmg does count as dot, and prof x can mind control but GM doesn’t get power locked.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★

For 3, yes, you can fail challenges but they will still count towards the 5 challenges you need to get him wounded. You shouldn't purposefully fail every challenge since if you fail all 5 challenges he'll have the SP3 to use right after he gets out of Wounded, and completing the challenges will also give you competence tokens to increase your wounded damage.

Thank you! That’s a game changer! I was so nervous about getting all them I was getting killed. Knowing I can miss one and still get to wounded is going to seriously reduce the pressure of that stage.

Sinister can block the unblockable attacks, no blunder

Awesome! Great to know. Thank you!
    edited May 2022

Hercules bonus dmg does count as dot, and prof x can mind control but GM doesn’t get power locked.

That’s great, the only reason I didn’t bring him was because I thought he couldn’t get a damage effect. Thanks!