**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are you still playing / enjoying Battlegrounds?

I am in P4/G1 ally and have the impression (after initial excitement) that it is slowly dying on most of the ally members.
So curious, if it is just us or if it is generally like this?

Are you still playing / enjoying Battlegrounds? 254 votes

Yes, I play BGS every day (and go for maximum rewards)
26% 67 votes
Yes, but infrequently and less than before.
26% 68 votes
No, I have lost interest (rewards not worth the time, totally fed up with modders etc.)
46% 119 votes

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    I'm not competitive enough to enjoy it.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    I love it. Maybe they will add tiers so people with less developed rosters won’t have to face veterans rocking beefy 6s rosters.

IMO the cheaters only impact the leaderboard in a significant way. Just keep the board as it is — not tied to rewards — and maybe they’ll lose the incentive to hack the game?
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I played it a lot the first round of this cycle. Only played 2 milestones the second rounds. And haven`t done a single run this round. A mode where I can only win if I change around my mastery setup at high unit cost. With very slow arena grinding as a result is not worth it to me.
    I also get very frustrated while doing it. But that has more to do with my skill level :expressionless:
  • Nope. I skipped this beta when they added recharge costs. It's fun and I like it, but seeing them add that then having it bugged so it said one gold was just not it for me
  • Knullvoid235Knullvoid235 Posts: 158
    I don't have a diverse enough roster to adapt to different nodes and balance a team with high level defenders and offenders
  • InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 313 ★★
    I play BG only when i have nothing else/want to do with quest energy. forfeit and give wins. :lol:
  • Berlad8Berlad8 Posts: 114
    i'm not enjoy playing BG,but i play it anyway because of the rewards. it takes far too much time and energy (all types of energy) to earn all the points. i wish it could have been a milestone rewards like incursions instead of the 5 wins every time to get points.
    for me it feels like a stressful grind and not like a fun mode, but the rewards are good so i think this is a fair trade.
  • MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64
    Is hard to call it playing, most fight is finished by running away by me or opponent. 90% of my "Fights" was finished like that
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,104 ★★★★★
    I enjoy the game mode a lot but I don’t play it every day or go for maxed rewards. It still needs some tweaks but the game mode is a lot of fun
  • ThomildoThomildo Posts: 441 ★★★
    Yes, think it’s really enjoyable! Play it a bit, but not for max rewards. I have been claiming the 1500 chunks before the week resets tho.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    I enjoy it more than most other game modes, but a little confused why there is such a large energy cost. We don’t have an entry fee to play incursions or any other game mode. Scrap it; we have recharge costs for champs. That’s enough
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Cant miss rewards
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    Costs way too much. In that I mean time needed to get all objectives and the energy cost that comes with it.
  • CynchoticCynchotic Posts: 186
    Nope! I’m barely playing any of the game, at this point…still log on here and there and still seeing my champs doing w/e they please. What I don’t understand is why there isn’t another game, any game, whatsoever, with this style of fighting…why does kabam (MCOC) hold the entire corner of this? I can fall in love with different types of characters, but fighting in this style (not just pushing a button to actually fight), does kabam own the complete rights to this?
  • GarloGarlo Posts: 197 ★★
    40 signature stones in a month, of course BG is worth it.

I have a pretty decent roster and I love competitive games too. So I enjoy a lot.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    I play them since there is still no new monthly event quest.
    But I ain’t sure if I’ll keep on doing them if the energy requirements and wins needed to reach the objectives remain the same.
    Reducing energy cost per match to 10 (or even 5 if Kabam feels generous), and reducing wins needed for each milestone to 3 instead of 5, will make them more energy viable.
    If they release them as they are now, the mode will sooner or later have the Incursions fate, unless they ante up the rewards to justify the insane energy cost.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I never tried it.

PvP just doesn't click well with me for some reason .
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,914 ★★★★★
    I still play but don't really enjoy them. Basically better arenas.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,732 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I love it. After exploring Act 7, I don't really have anything to spend my energy on anyway so that hurdle isn't a hindrance to me personally.

I really, really enjoy trying to find the ideal counters to both the champions that are thrown at you and the nodes themselves. It does feel like everyone at my level brings about the same 30 champions (or at least 20-25 out of 30) every time, so I hope future nodes switch things up somewhat and encourage/discourage more champions.

But regardless, it's a very fun meta. Not only do I enjoy the fights themselves, I also find them very informative. I've gotten much better at fighting some high-level champions and found some unexpected MVPs that have hit way above what I thought their weight was. It is, in some ways, a sort of competitive training ground that allows you to hone your skills vs the most difficult defenders in the game. That's awesome! It'll probably be super useful when new content is released eventually.

It has also given me something to work towards in terms of roster building. With most endgame content done, I don't really have anything that I need to rank up champions for. BG changes that. I can rank up my champions in order to meet my BG needs, and that's quite welcome.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    Aldac said:

Still playing but in all honesty I really hate the Bubble Shield/Limber meta this week. It’s by far the most unenjoyable.

I thought I would enjoy these nodes the most, but I apparently stink at them. Dropped 250 points without forfeitting.