**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Where is the compensation?

Comments

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

“Before July” lmao

Early June 😂
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Jaded said:

“Before July” lmao

Early June 2023 😂
    😂😂🤷‍♂️ idk maybe I fixed it for everyone
  • TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 242 ★★★
    edited May 2022

TrongNov said:

I remember one of the mods said the info of the comp package would be shared by the end of May. Anyone else recalled this?

i have no recollection of this. depending on how old it is, it might be outdated and they could've revised it since then. but definitely would like a screenshot or link of that if you can find it.
    Very hard to find but I stand strong for what I say, it was Miike's comment in the beginning of May saying the team would disclose the INFO of the package by the end of this month. It should be in one of the compensation threads asking why no big compensation when there's no longer a weekly comp. But it is like 946543 threads like that now, I wouldnt want to waste my time looking for that specific comment.
    Btw, I'm not in a rush for a big comp. It comes when it comes.
  • RebarkRebark Posts: 343 ★★★

Thank you for your question!

We're happy to report that our larger, one-time compensation package is nearing completion. It's something we've stated we're hesitant to disclose more information about until our details are set in stone.

We've been told we will have more information to share with you soon but can say it is likely to be out before July!

Before July is the new early june
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    He likely said before July to indicate they're not going to wait until after the sales. Which has been an implication in the past.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★

Thank you for your question!

We're happy to report that our larger, one-time compensation package is nearing completion. It's something we've stated we're hesitant to disclose more information about until our details are set in stone.

We've been told we will have more information to share with you soon but can say it is likely to be out before July!

Thanks Miike. Despite plenty of the evidence to the contrary posted above, I suspect that 99% of us are happy to wait.
  • ChompyChompy Posts: 55
    @Graves_3 The important difference is that there are not as many paragon players since the title has been active for only a month or less. And thronebreaker includes players who include brand new TB’s all the way to those who have explored about everything and are missing a few fragments to get their 3rd r4. If the paragon title existed when input issues were rampant and many players had the opportunity to get to paragon, your argument would hold some sway. And also people only became paragon after kabam claimed input issues were resolved and announced compensation was coming to an end. Not before.

Lol you're making my point for me. Thronebreaker includes ppl w only a handful of 6* champs and 1 r3. Why would the compensation be the same as someone who has nearly every 6* champ, a plethora of r3s, many at maxed sigs, and at least 3 r4s. How do you compensate both groups in a manner that is equal.

Side note: Paragon players tend to include the big spenders, so why wouldn't Kabam cater to this group?
    edited May 2022
    Graves_3 said:

Chompy said:

@Graves_3 The important difference is that there are not as many paragon players since the title has been active for only a month or less. And thronebreaker includes players who include brand new TB’s all the way to those who have explored about everything and are missing a few fragments to get their 3rd r4. If the paragon title existed when input issues were rampant and many players had the opportunity to get to paragon, your argument would hold some sway. And also people only became paragon after kabam claimed input issues were resolved and announced compensation was coming to an end. Not before.

Lol you're making my point for me. Thronebreaker includes ppl w only a handful of 6* champs and 1 r3. Why would the compensation be the same as someone who has nearly every 6* champ, a plethora of r3s, many at maxed sigs, and at least 3 r4s. How do you compensate both groups in a manner that is equal.

Side note: Paragon players tend to include the big spenders, so why wouldn't Kabam cater to this group?
    Assuming compensation is for missing out on doing content or the frustration that arises out of it, please remind me what additional content did the paragon players miss out due to input issues which the late thronebreakers didn’t in the past year?

Let's assume it's for the frustration. Should uncollected get the same comp as cav, and cav the same as thronebreaker, since the frustration is likely similar. If not, why not? Why shouldnt uncollected get the same 6* nexus and r3 gem (hypothetical) thronebreakers get? They suffered the same amount of frustration, right?

The answer is no they should not get the same comp because the value is much different for them. Most thronebreakers would probably be pretty happy w a class nexus. A class nexus for a Paragon is probably just another 20 sigs on a champ.

Paragons and thronebreakers, especially new ones, want/need different things. A thronebreaker w just a few 6*s likely wants more 6*s, whereas a Paragon either wants very specific 6*s to complete their collection, or would much rather a ton of sig stones, something new thronebreakers would ne less than thrilled about.

Paragons would likely be better served with 20 generic sig stones over a class nexus, which in and of itself is reason for a difference in compensation.

Again, Paragons are the big spenders, so why wouldnt kabam want to offer them good compensation as well.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,300 ★★★★★
    @Chompy You assumed it’s for frustration. Frustration from not completing what content which other thronebreakers could not access in the past year?
    Graves_3 said:

@Chompy You assumed it’s for frustration. Frustration from not completing what content which other thronebreakers could not access in the past year?

Over the past year there has been a lot of content that some thronebreakers could access while others couldnt. For example, those who got thronebreaker after SOP finished did not have to suffer all the frustration of SOP, or miss those rewards due to bugs. Should they get less? Those who became thronebreaker yesterday suffered even less "thronebreaker level frustration". Surely they should get less, right?

Perhaps, compensation should be based on where we all were at the time of the bug or perhaps it should be based on where we were in the middle of it all, say December etc etc.

Or maybe, just maybe it should be based on where we are when it drops, just like it is for everyone below paragon.

Idk why you think kabam should, in essence, give less compensation to their biggest cash cows than they do to the rest of the community (remember identical comp for paragon and thronebreaker does not mean equal value). Doesn't seem like smart business.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,300 ★★★★★
    Chompy said:

Graves_3 said:

Over the past year there has been a lot of content that some thronebreakers could access while others couldnt. For example, those who got thronebreaker after SOP finished did not have to suffer all the frustration of SOP, or miss those rewards due to bugs. Should they get less? Those who became thronebreaker yesterday suffered even less "thronebreaker level frustration". Surely they should get less, right?

Perhaps, compensation should be based on where we all were at the time of the bug or perhaps it should be based on where we were in the middle of it all, say December etc etc.

Or maybe, just maybe it should be based on where we are when it drops, just like it is for everyone below paragon.

Idk why you think kabam should, in essence, give less compensation to their biggest cash cows than they do to the rest of the community (remember identical comp for paragon and thronebreaker does not mean equal value). Doesn't seem like smart business.
    You are forgetting that SoP was open even to cavaliers. There is no content which was exclusively open to thronebreakers. And there absolutely was no content which was not accessible to thronebreakers. There still is no content that’s locked for TB’s. In any case I have made my point. Kabam can do what they deem right. I don’t think arguing about it is going to make any difference.
    Graves_3 said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

As I imagine, the compensation will be progression based most likely.
    But my question is, will it cap out at Paragon or Thronebreaker when it comes to the highest point of the compensation?

I can’t see why it wouldn’t cap out at Paragon. Some players have had 3 r4s for half a year now.
    It shouldn't though. It should cap at thronebreaker since paragon came out around the time they said the issues were "fixed"
    The whole point of having progression tiers is to differentiate rewards, sales, gifts, etc so they are equally relevant, or as close, to as possible.

ie. Giving 10k shards to a proven player would be ridiculously amazing, whereas it would be great for uncollected, and very meh to a cav player. The value of 10k shards are valued differently, so giving 10k to each group is actually not fair, as they are giving better compensation to proven than cav.

What "wows" current thronebreakers aren't going to "wow" current Paragon players.

Giving the same comp to both groups means that paragon players are actually getting less.
    The important difference is that there are not as many paragon players since the title has been active for only a month or less. And thronebreaker includes players who include brand new TB’s all the way to those who have explored about everything and are missing a few fragments to get their 3rd r4. If the paragon title existed when input issues were rampant and many players had the opportunity to get to paragon, your argument would hold some sway. And also people only became paragon after kabam claimed input issues were resolved and announced compensation was coming to an end. Not before.

• Chompy said:

Graves_3 said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

But my question is, will it cap out at Paragon or Thronebreaker when it comes to the highest point of the compensation?

I can’t see why it wouldn’t cap out at Paragon. Some players have had 3 r4s for half a year now.
    It shouldn't though. It should cap at thronebreaker since paragon came out around the time they said the issues were "fixed"
    The whole point of having progression tiers is to differentiate rewards, sales, gifts, etc so they are equally relevant, or as close, to as possible.

ie. Giving 10k shards to a proven player would be ridiculously amazing, whereas it would be great for uncollected, and very meh to a cav player. The value of 10k shards are valued differently, so giving 10k to each group is actually not fair, as they are giving better compensation to proven than cav.

What "wows" current thronebreakers aren't going to "wow" current Paragon players.

Giving the same comp to both groups means that paragon players are actually getting less.
    The important difference is that there are not as many paragon players since the title has been active for only a month or less. And thronebreaker includes players who include brand new TB’s all the way to those who have explored about everything and are missing a few fragments to get their 3rd r4. If the paragon title existed when input issues were rampant and many players had the opportunity to get to paragon, your argument would hold some sway. And also people only became paragon after kabam claimed input issues were resolved and announced compensation was coming to an end. Not before.

He isn't making your point for you. Your points are 1. They are in a higher tier so they deserve "better" rewards and 2. They are big spenders

Chompy said:

Graves_3 said:

Chompy said:

Rillian said:

He isn't making your point for you. Your points are 1. They are in a higher tier so they deserve "better" rewards and 2. They are big spenders
    LOL Clearly you're missing the main point. The main point is that both groups deserve to be "wowed". You cant wow your paragon with the same compensation that wows your thronebreaker, especiall your new thronebreakers, who literally have very little roster depth and a single r3. This is why progression tiers exist and this is why it would be unfair to paragons if they were lumped in w thronebreakers, and essentially given less rewards.

Secondary to that, yes these are Kabam's cash cows so why not make sure to fatten em up. Keep em nice and happy. Its good business practice.
  • Derek2k18Derek2k18 Posts: 79
    I’ve seen most of your comments and wow. Thanks to some of you who aren’t immature and toxic. We all have an answer now so expect to see it before July he said. Which is fair enough. Should we still be getting alliance stuff? Maybe. But anyway didn’t expect this post to even be recognized much less seen bu this many ppl. Thanks.
  • L0TUS_MANTISL0TUS_MANTIS Posts: 220 ★★
    What's hilarious to me that someone mentioned is the idea of someone pushing for Paragon to get better compensation.
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★

What's hilarious to me that someone mentioned is the idea of someone pushing for Paragon to get better compensation.

I suggested that to one of my friends who is still thronebreaker 😂

Rillian said:

See, I could see that, but there's one problem.
    Paragon was created right around the point when the input issues were supposedly fixed.
    Thronebreaker has been around since day 1 of the input issues.
    Paragon is too new imo to instantly get their own tier of compensation.
    They've been trying to figure out this compensation for months to put into perspective.
    This would be the point where I'd wish a kabam mod would come in and say whether the input compensation will cap at Thronebreaker or Paragon.
    I'm not sure why "newness" matters. The whole point of making progression tiers is to reward, compensate, etc appropriate to where a player is CURRENTLY at in the game.

It doesnt matter that it is new. Clearly Kabam felt that thronebreaker had grown to a point where the bottom and the top were completely different. Their needs, wants, and what they place value in are vastly different, and so they divided the group so they could reward, compensate etc each according to where they are game wise.

It doesnt matter where we were when this issue started. It only matters where we are currently at. A r3 gem probably sounds amazing to a brand new thronebreaker who might double his r3s w this gem. A paragon, on the other hand, wouldnt be so thrilled. Sure, it's still great, but it is much, much more valuable to the thronebreaker. Paragons should get equal value, which can only be done through separate compensation.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    What I find funny is in another thread I mentioned that we start a July 4 boycott and dropped my line id and the same day mike says it will be before July. Lmao. Let’s hope it actually comes.
  • smy168smy168 Posts: 206 ★★
    Derek2k18 said:

I thought we were supposed to be compensated for this broken game being broken for months and months? I’m just curious are we going back on our word or what is happening? I’m not trying to be mean here I just want to know. I’ve even seen some of my buddies get another package dated the 26th of may yet I didn’t get one. Please elaborated on what If anything is happening before I shell out money on July 4th. Thanks.

uh....it's been broken for 13 months hahaha
  • e_mace_mac Posts: 102
    edited June 2022
    So far today i had to spend a lot of resources for 5.2.6 collector's fight (currently exploring act 5). My champs wouldn't dash forward, block, dex, they would stop mid combo... all that with bane as a node, in which I can't get hit. It was a real mess.
    Only to go play arena and lose my streak for the exact same reason.
    And i have input beta on. If not it would be even worse.
    Also every 5 minutes the game would just be stuck saying there was no connection. The game has really become unplayable for many of us.
    Honestly, I would rather have it fixed than get compensation at this point. It's been over a year.