**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 5.3 block damage

DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
Why is act 5.3 so different when it comes to taking block damage vs 5.2? PI is not thst much different from 5.2. Is there something that 5.3 has that 5.2 didnt or is this a known bug?

Comments

• NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    My best guess is challenger rating effectively lowering your block prof
  • SenorPantsSenorPants Posts: 101
    Or just the attack rating - haven't compared the attack ratings, but since 5.3 champs don't have boost nodes, their PI is probably driven by their base attributes. Combined with the challenger rating (above), that could be the big driver.
  • IronBlaze09IronBlaze09 Posts: 114
    Attack rating. Most champions in 5.3 have a higher attack than LOL
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    That makes sense. Has anyone had luck combining synergies to reduce some of the chip damage? I worked on adding champs with armor synergies and PB, but found the benefit was negligible. Almost better to take attack champs and use heal pots.

Dr. Zola
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    5.3's block damage is so high, that you should only use blocking as a final resort to negate damage. You will have to parry and intercept your way through the quests. Even with strong regen champs like wolverine, you should keep blocking at a minimum just because the damage is so insane, but at least wolverine is able to heal back block damage when you do take it.

But to answer the question, yea, the block damage is due to the insane attack rating of the enemies. It's been argued when 5.3 first came out. Make sure you parry, intercept, and have a good number of potions with you. Wolverine, Star-Lord and Magik are your best friends in this chapter due to their abilities.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    you can just parry or intercept to eliminate block damage or bring regen champs
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t rely on parrying eliminating 5.3 block damage. And I wouldn’t rely on blocking anything unless it’s a last resort. Best bet is getting proficient at intercept and hoarding pots.

Dr. Zola
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Thanks all. Most of it hasnt been to bad. Boosts are definitely helping as well. Parry isnt always working but champs that have some type of projectile attack (punisher, howard) seem to do the most damage during those type of attacks while blocking.