**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please just update Cav. EQ rewards . Grind to rewards ratio just doesn't match at all.

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
edited June 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Cav. EQ is a big grind . 5-6 paths per chapter just makes this extra long and monotonous . I know the idea to keep more paths is to keep people engaged but the rewards are way behind the grind . I stopped exploring it 3 months ago after realising how dull the grind has become.

Currently for exploring total , you get approx 7.5k 6* shards , 10k 5* shards , 2 t2a, 1 t5b , 10% random t5cc and 10 6* sig stone crystal.

New rewards (if it ever gets updated ) - 15k 6* shards , 20k 5* shards , 2 T5B , 4 T2A , 20% t5cc and 10 generic 6* sigs.

All of these are very common to acquire except 6* sigs so making them 10 generics won't be a big deal .

Lemme know your thoughts as well 🤞
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Leave Cav as it is and put in a TB difficulty imo. Those rewards are fine for Cav players, but we have Paragon now, it’s time for an update

As much as i would love to see a TB difficulty , i doubt the rewards will just don't match and it's gonna be another long grind .
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Leave Cav as it is and put in a TB difficulty imo. Those rewards are fine for Cav players, but we have Paragon now, it’s time for an update

As much as i would love to see a TB difficulty , i doubt the rewards will just don't match and it's gonna be another long grind .
    You’re judging Cav EQ now, about 2 years after it’s been added. Back at the time, the rewards were pretty decent for the time investment. There’s a reason people still do it today, even if it’s a bit begrudgingly. If TB difficulty was added today I’m sure it would be much the same. And in 2 years time we would get calls for a paragon difficulty.

Rohit_316 said:

You’re judging Cav EQ now, about 2 years after it’s been added. Back at the time, the rewards were pretty decent for the time investment. There’s a reason people still do it today, even if it’s a bit begrudgingly. If TB difficulty was added today I’m sure it would be much the same. And in 2 years time we would get calls for a paragon difficulty.
    Back at the time they were good ..but not now because resources are much easily available ..hope next update brings some changes to the rewards .
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    A TB difficulty would be amazing
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Rohit_316 said:

Rohit_316 said:

Back at the time they were good ..but not now because resources are much easily available ..hope next update brings some changes to the rewards .
    They aren't a lot more available to Cavalier players. They might be more available to you. But Cavalier difficulty is not designed to grow with you. The difficulty is designed to be the next step up from Uncollected, and the rewards are scaled to that difficulty. The thing that locks Cav in place is Uncollected: it is the next step up. Moving Cav forward is like moving the last step on a ladder higher so it can reach higher, while leaving all the other steps in the same place. That's non-functional.

Creating a whole new tier, like TB tier, on the other hand, has separate issues. In the same way we can't just move the top rung of a ladder upward, we can't just add another step on the top of a ladder either. The entire ladder has to be rethought with that extra height in place. Each tier takes time and resources to manage, and every one you add takes time away from everything else, or alternatively requires removing another tier. And *most* players currently live in one of the other tiers. Removing a tier serving fifty thousand players to add a tier that will serve fifty dozen players doesn't generally make operational sense without rethinking everything globally.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,154 ★★★★★
    Maybe shorten EQ a bit.
    Agree on not changing the rewards but making a new difficulty with shortened easier difficulties including Cav.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    It would be better if they got rid of all the class/tag node stuff.
    Actually have a game mode where you can take the team you want to play. There it would seem less of a chore.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Actually have a game mode where you can take the team you want to play. There it would seem less of a chore.

All the "class tag node stuff" is there in place of exponential attack/health bonus nodes. They are far more preferrable. Without one or the other, you have trivial content. If you want a mode with no difficult nodes at all, neither the RPG-like class and tag nodes nor attack and health nodes is, take whatever team you want into Act 2.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Leaving Cav difficulty at underwhelming rewards will mean TB difficulty will also have underwhelming rewards bcoz that would be an increase on existing Cav rewards & not based on actual rewards to effort / grind ratio
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

Leaving Cav difficulty at underwhelming rewards will mean TB difficulty will also have underwhelming rewards bcoz that would be an increase on existing Cav rewards & not based on actual rewards to effort / grind ratio
    People said the same thing about a Cav difficulty before it was released. People also thought that the grind to reward ratio was “okay” (some more positive than others, and vice versa). There is no sliding scale on a month by month basis on what makes monthly EQ valuable to an individual, so they have to appeal to all who are at that level or higher. Regardless if the rewards “feel outdated”, all of the rewards within Cav EQ, and an eventual TBEQ, will be useful to some degree to those players at that those levels and higher in some capacity. The ONLY exception to this rule are people who spend a lot and spend regularly, but frankly the game should not be tailored to what they want.
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 378 ★★★
    Yep TB difficulty is needed, Cav difficulty has become a cake walk for the players who made TB a year ago (like me). A new difficulty with better nodes and little more challenging would be great. Also r4 materials as rewards will be better to grab (include 6* generic sig stones please)
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    While we’re at it, Why isn’t cav difficulty included in the 3 day completion event either?
  • Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
    You don't even need an extra TB-difficulty, you can add one extra path with extra nodes on top of Cav which allows you do double the rewards.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    For cavs and Early TBs rewards are nice

We just need new difficulty for Late TBs and above .
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
    I don't really care about a TB or Paragon EQ in itself. In fact, I enjoy the difficulty of Cav EQ. I don't want EQ to be an insane grind each month. I'd much rather see a higher difficulty in the SQ. It felt as if Kabam was experimenting with a new SQ difficulty last year, but for whatever nothing substantial came out of it. That's a shame because I would love to have a constant stream of tougher SQ content with better rewards each month.
    Ercarret said:

I don't really care about a TB or Paragon EQ in itself. In fact, I enjoy the difficulty of Cav EQ. I don't want EQ to be an insane grind each month. I'd much rather see a higher difficulty in the SQ. It felt as if Kabam was experimenting with a new SQ difficulty last year, but for whatever nothing substantial came out of it. That's a shame because I would love to have a constant stream of tougher SQ content with better rewards each month.

They made an existing difficulty in the SQ harder, so players who'd done if for 6+ months were all of a sudden struggling. If they want to add a new difficulty they should just do it, not make an existing one harder.
    edited June 2022
    DNA3000 said:

All the "class tag node stuff" is there in place of exponential attack/health bonus nodes. They are far more preferrable. Without one or the other, you have trivial content. If you want a mode with no difficult nodes at all, neither the RPG-like class and tag nodes nor attack and health nodes is, take whatever team you want into Act 2.
    The class/tags nodes are about giving buffs so those matching champions can deal with the enlarged health pools.
    They could just cut the middle man, ditch the class/tag nodes and reduce the health pools.

I'll confess that I stopped doing Cav EQ ages ago after I found myself running a 5 star and 6 star warlock doing the exact same things for 6 paths and realising it was no longer fun.

I'm sure many don't agree but I feel like the game I played thru to Act 5 and uncollected EQ where I was taking the champs I had and "biffing on" became just an extremely complex puzzle game where you work thru a dozen interactions between gestures, attackers, defenders and nodes.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

AMS94 said:

People said the same thing about a Cav difficulty before it was released. People also thought that the grind to reward ratio was “okay” (some more positive than others, and vice versa). There is no sliding scale on a month by month basis on what makes monthly EQ valuable to an individual, so they have to appeal to all who are at that level or higher. Regardless if the rewards “feel outdated”, all of the rewards within Cav EQ, and an eventual TBEQ, will be useful to some degree to those players at that those levels and higher in some capacity. The ONLY exception to this rule are people who spend a lot and spend regularly, but frankly the game should not be tailored to what they want.
    As far as I remember Cavalier rewards were opposed when the difficulty was released
    They buffed the rewards to a satisfactory level after a few months but still a lot of people felt that it wasn't enough compared to the effort & grind required
    If was good enough at that time
    Good enough doesn't remain good enough for long
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    I would just be happy if they lowered the energy requirements for the lower difficulties (Normal and Heroic)
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    AMS94 said:

ItsDamien said:

AMS94 said:

As far as I remember Cavalier rewards were opposed when the difficulty was released
    They buffed the rewards to a satisfactory level after a few months but still a lot of people felt that it wasn't enough compared to the effort & grind required
    If was good enough at that time
    Good enough doesn't remain good enough for long
    But you have to remember, many people of the community were in a different place when it was released. There are probably many TBs and Paragons now vs they were Cav when it was released.

As DNA said, you've out grown the rewards but that content isn't meant to grow with you. CAV players today are virtually the same as they were 2 years ago progression wise. This piece of content is to help them grow.

And the community opposes rewards for everything, every single time something is released.
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    It won't be a good move to update cav eq rewards. Cavs are those players on the path to thronebreaker and the rewards are more than enough for cav difficulty.

Bring up a new difficulty level above cav like Thronebreaker OR you can also bring one Paragon level only exclusive to Paragon players to help moanbreakers moan.

I don't care if they introduce TB difficulty or not

Problem with EQ is that it is a huge grind, just takes too much time / energy.
    Whatever the rewards are.

For me in EQ the highlight is fighting the new champs...so it definitely has a place BUT
    it needs to be more accessible! Reduce energy requirement of all EQ to 1 (instead of 2 or 3)
    and you will see more people completing / exploring EQ. It is as simple as that!

Thank you.

PS: better rewards are always welcome, however not getting my hopes up too high from a company
    that keeps on 'rewarding' even TB players with 2*-4* stuff lol.

Its not that big of a grind. First chapter is 3 paths. Last chapter is 5 and you generally have 30 days to do it. It's a grind because you try and get it all done in one sitting.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

For me in EQ the highlight is fighting the new champs...so it definitely has a place BUT
    it needs to be more accessible! Reduce energy requirement of all EQ to 1 (instead of 2 or 3)
    and you will see more people completing / exploring EQ. It is as simple as that!

Thank you.

PS: better rewards are always welcome, however not getting my hopes up too high from a company

Its not that big of a grind. First chapter is 3 paths. Last chapter is 5 and you generally have 30 days to do it. It's a grind because you try and get it all done in one sitting.
    Well, that’s wrong. Monthly EQ is structured as follows: 3 and 4 paths in chapter 1, 5 paths in each quest in chapter 2, and 6 and 7 paths in chapter 3. The total is 30, and it has been 30 since at least before the creation of uncollected EQ. Some of the variants are fewer paths.

Now, add in the sidequest, which sometimes requires one quest per day of some sort (I was very happy with the work required this month - very good balance with EOP coming in the mix). Consider that there are good reasons to run multiple difficulties of EQ (and some SQs), static content, AQ on 60% of days and if you do war, you have champs in use there roughly 30% of the time.

And your payoff for roughly 7 hours of gameplay is less than a full 6-star spin for which you can’t control the bloated champion pool and 1-2 signature stones per class. That’s a tough beat.

All of that to say that there shouldn’t be a TB difficulty. It should be paths with chests at the end of special objectives, akin to the old 4-star challenge, which I actually enjoyed.
    TyEdge said:

Thank you.

Well, that’s wrong. Monthly EQ is structured as follows: 3 and 4 paths in chapter 1, 5 paths in each quest in chapter 2, and 6 and 7 paths in chapter 3. The total is 30, and it has been 30 since at least before the creation of uncollected EQ. Some of the variants are fewer paths.

Now, add in the sidequest, which sometimes requires one quest per day of some sort (I was very happy with the work required this month - very good balance with EOP coming in the mix). Consider that there are good reasons to run multiple difficulties of EQ (and some SQs), static content, AQ on 60% of days and if you do war, you have champs in use there roughly 30% of the time.

And your payoff for roughly 7 hours of gameplay is less than a full 6-star spin for which you can’t control the bloated champion pool and 1-2 signature stones per class. That’s a tough beat.

All of that to say that there shouldn’t be a TB difficulty. It should be paths with chests at the end of special objectives, akin to the old 4-star challenge, which I actually enjoyed.
    You're right about the paths. I missed the 2 when counting in the final chapter. 5 even sounded weird to me but I'll take that L.

Again, you're missing the point that for growing rosters , cavalier players and scorched content Cavs, this is part of it. It may seem grindy for a very experienced TB or Paragon player because we out grew those rewards long ago.

You also get 6* shards in the SQs as well among other rewards.

So what's your solution? Cut the paths down and increase the rewards?

I would just be happy if they lowered the energy requirements for the lower difficulties (Normal and Heroic)

That would be nice too ... change 1st chapter to 1 energy per tile and rest 2 per tile.