**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

WHAT IS THIS? WEIRD MESSAGES IN MY GAME! [Under Investigation]

FilmScorpionFilmScorpion Posts: 130
edited December 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
My game is infected with these weird nonsense messages. They are everywhere, on every screen, in every part of the game. Is the game broken? Is this some kind of virus? They don't even make any sense. Is anyone else experiencing this? Please help!
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    Probably best to redownload the game. Looks like something got corrupted or something
  • I'm afraid to do that. If I uninstall the whole game app, and download it again... will I lose all my account information? I'm hoping this is an issue with the game, that many people are having. I hope it's not just me.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    If you are linked to a kabam account (or play store/Apple ID, it should restore all your saved progress
  • Thank you, Lightvayne. I will try it, if it doesn't fix itself after a while. I'm still hoping this is a problem from the game, like a widespread bug or something, and the game people will fix it soon. Isn't that more likely?

How could something get corrupted only in my game? I haven't downloaded any files or apps or software recently. I don't think I'm infected with anything. All my other apps work fine.

Thanks again for helping!
  • Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 454
    Those are programing codes
  • What does that even mean? What are "programing codes"? Is that like a virus? And how do you know what they are?
  • Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 454
    They are like commands
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    What does that even mean? What are "programing codes"? Is that like a virus? And how do you know what they are?

Not a virus and it seems something simply messed up during installation try reinstalling make sure ur account is linked to ur kabam account. Tho
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @FilmScorpion. I'm checking into this right now, and I'll let you know once I have more information for you. Thanks for hanging in there.
  • Seribaba
  • BBCode
  • Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    I've seen stuff like this before in a YouTube video, something gets overwritten when you update. You're looking at lines of code most likely. Deleting and reinstalling the game will probably fix it, just make sure you know your Kabam Account information.
  • Having the same issue. Wasn't there this morning (10 est)
  • Kabam Wolf, thank you. I went to sleep shortly after posting my comments here, and I just woke up now. It's Saturday, 9:25 am here. Anyway... I just opened the game, and all that weird stuff is gone. The game is fine now. So... I don't know. I guess you fixed it? Or it went away by itself? Either way, thank you very much. I hope it doesn't come back.
  • Still have the issue
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I reinstalled the game and it fixed this problem. Try it.
  • Apex1212Apex1212 Posts: 185
    First off stop downloading apks that's the issue with that. Seen it before download from a trusted source.
  • Apex1212 wrote: »
    First off stop downloading apks that's the issue with that. Seen it before download from a trusted source.

I downloaded the game from the Google Play Store. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Anyway, the problem never came back. I haven't seen those messages all day. So I guess I'm good now.
    edited December 2017
    It came back again just now for me too. I always get from play store, so that isn't the issue.
    It came back again just now for me too. I always get from play store, so that isn't the issue.
  • KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    Lol! Attack of the code!
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    I think a new update is coming in the next days.

If you're afraid to accidentally delete your account reinstalling the app, then just wait for the new version release and update it.
  • IMTHE1IMTHE1 Posts: 30
    I am having the same issue and I’ve re installed the game and it’s still there. It has been here for about a week
  • IMTHE1IMTHE1 Posts: 30