**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Freeze when using Energy Refill [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

Thank you for the reports. I've taken this to the team to investigate. We'll let you all know if there's any questions that can help us get to the root of the issue.

The dimming of the screen seems similar to what happens when you pause a fight. Is there any chance that somehow the game is activating the pause effect for the screen but because it isn't actually the regular pause screen in a fight there is no pause button for us to use to get out of it?
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Same problem on iPhone 8 ios 15.5
    Every time i run out of energy while moving, the screen freezes and the only solution is to reload the game 😞
  • ProducteProducte Posts: 74
    Redownloading the app seemed to make things better but I'm back to the black screen when energy is depleted.
    But also I get the same black screen when launching the profile, the mastery area or when in quest accessing objectives or milestones on the bottom left corner. It seems the problem comes from launching a modal window.

It is a constant restarting. Horrible.
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    It's always nice that you try the app before releasing it!
  • bones3081bones3081 Posts: 2
    I get the black screen most of the time I try and use energy. If the energy screen pops up I am unable to use small energy bundles. The description is missing for small energy bundles too.
  • PizzillaPizzilla Posts: 1
    Same issue for me on iPad Air and iPhone XR. When I try refilling energy it locks.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★

Anymore news on this fix. EQ starts in around 2 and a half hours. And alot of people have refills expiring which they cannot use! Will those be reimbursed?
  • stvo0601stvo0601 Posts: 1
    A l p h a said:

Anymore news on this fix. EQ starts in around 2 and a half hours. And alot of people have refills expiring which they cannot use! Will those be reimbursed?

As a workaround, after you restart, go into your inventory and use the energy re-fill from there. That way you can still use them. But it is very annoying to restart a level for this many times.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    jdeck59 said:

Yesterday, I was able to force quit the app re-enter and then was able to use my energy refills. Today force closing no longer works.

Tried to send a video of this but it won't let me. But yes the game freezes after reset even if you try to use them at the main menu
  • ScottiePimpinScottiePimpin Posts: 8
    Same energy issues and when I get it to come up it won’t even let me select the mini energy refill.
  • UindaKillzoneUindaKillzone Posts: 25
    Bad coding by the update that adds the view into inventory. Someone coded it such that energy resources automatically appear upon initial invocation by the user. But subsequent ones require calculations of both current and overflow inventory. That's likely where the game is hanging. It's simply not presenting the dialog box with energy options because it doesn't have correct info to present. Background screen is always darkened when you use energy resources; that's not the issue. Look to what changed -- 95% of the time that is the source of the problem. And what changed was the inclusion of overflow inventory figures and calculations on that data.
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 185 ★★
    Have energy expiring and can not even properly use it without the game blacking out
  • RenzoRenzo Posts: 0
    The game is stunned when I recharge energy and lose those resources, I have to close the game completely Pat that starts again, in addition to several other problems when I am in fights, I have an iPhone 13 pro and I would not have to have interface problems.
  • BollandBolland Posts: 75 ★★★
    This is happening for me every single time now. Come on guys this is getting ridiculous.
  • Kw4zyKw4zy Posts: 27
    Same here
  • Pops78Pops78 Posts: 13
    Is there any word yet on this issue? I'm losing energy and boost because of this. I'm not going to keep closing the app and relaunching it, that's doing way too much.
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    Pops78 said:

Is there any word yet on this issue? I'm losing energy and boost because of this. I'm not going to keep closing the app and relaunching it, that's doing way too much.

It's not something that is hurting kabams pockets so it doesn't need emergency maintenance.
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 185 ★★
    Click on energy from the stash. Only work around I’ve found
  • Keystone1Keystone1 Posts: 5
    Same for Samsung galaxy S20+
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    I’m glad I saw this thread. I updated the app three hours ago, and I’ve had it freeze with the dark screen four times already. Each time as I run out of energy.

2018 iPad Pro running the latest software.
  • IkthulisIkthulis Posts: 122

Super annoying.
  • LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    force restarts after energy is 0, happends in several modes.
    I realised today it doesn't happen as frequently
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Wow Kabam still hasnt fixed this and releases a new EQ?... I gotta restart the game every 5 mins!
  • living_legend_1living_legend_1 Posts: 31

There’s this new feature since the last update where the screen just gets darker when I’m out of energy and I have to restart the game.