**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bring out your garbage!

RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
In the 1960's I.B.M. had a saying that was pounded into their programmers!
"GARBAGE IN! GARBAGE OUT!"
They knew that useless code in a program could cause it to crash!
It occurs to me that part of this games issues relate to the massive amounts of garbage in the game! Garbage like the many special items created for a single monthly event! Like prayer cards for 2018
And like randomizers!

This morning i went into the Dormamu side quest to use up these
But they are no longer in the drop down boost menu! Although they are still in my inventory! I am concerned that they are going to become a permanent part of my "no longer useful side event items collection!
What is in your locker from previous special event? Show us! Show kabam!
Why??? Because i believe all the garbage floating around in this game at the very least contributes to some of the issues we are dealing with in game now!
So bring out your garbage to kabam can see it!

Comments

• GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited June 2022
    But you don't know that! It could be possible but it is just a theory! Maybe they could give us an option to remove them then??? But for now they sit there where people forget them and not bothering people!
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Sometimes those doodads get new life in future quests. But, yeah, there's a ton of old stuff in inventory,
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

In the 1960's I.B.M. had a saying that was pounded into their programmers!
    "GARBAGE IN! GARBAGE OUT!"

Were you using punch cards? That would have made playing MCOC super frustrating.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I’ve still got these, don’t even remember doing this side quest
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited June 2022
    It is just a theory! But a sound one! And punch cards or code on a hard drive the same applies! I supposed you never ran a software cleaning program and found the p.c. ran better after all the garbage was cleaned off of it?
    Garbage is garbage! In a landfill or a program or an app! It stinks things up!
    And just because it is "out of sight out of mind" doesn't mean it could not be impacting game play!
  • Severus35Severus35 Posts: 88

I’ve still got these, don’t even remember doing this side quest

Those came initially from Modok's Lab side quest if i remember correctly. That was a mini randomized boss rush.
    You could reroll your enemies buffs if they were too crazy or not suitable for your team.

The first iteration was fun but pretty tough! :)
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

I have these SQ specific boosts (5 for each type) outstanding and I just re-enter the dormmaneu SQ and used them up, even thru it is no meaning as I finished all SQ already. I just clean up my inventory…….unfortunately using those boost don’t count towards item use milestone.

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    Bruh, why you always yelling when you make posts. The overuse of the exclamation points is getting annoying. Use periods 🙄
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited June 2022
    I tried to do the same this morning! I entered the dormamu quest hit the boost button and they were no long on the "OTHER" tab in the boost drop down! But they are still in my inventory!
    All i have to say in conclusion! Is that when you got no answers for the game behaving like it does??? Every "THEORY" That has even a possibility of having a positive impact on things in the game need to be seriously considered and not just poo poo'd!
    Garbage effects programs and computers performance! That is a known and provable fact! Why then is it such a stretch to believe that could be one of this apps issues? Garbage!
    After nearly 7 years maybe it is time to do some cleaning.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    7714dtl said:

Amazing how my comments are deleted but this dumpster fire of a thread is allowed to stay up.

Dumpster fire? If you get rid of lots of useless code and cleanup the game files shouldn't it run better? If there was more of a focus on this by the developers it might actually help the game.

As someone who constantly boasts about there knowledge in programming I question why you are attacking this concept.
    No, because those items aren't anything that would cause lag on a server. It's no different than someone have 135mil gold.

In OP's picture, they 25/25 of L4 Health pots but are complaining about 6 tickets, 8 re-roll dice and some boosts for a SQ. Never mind the other boosts down below etc.. The MODOK's dice have been in there for years. They aren't causing the issues period.

The clean up they do deal with things on the servers that require calls to that server i.e crystal pulls. These boosts don't make those calls the way the crystals do. Your inv stash isn't anything that will effect the game. If that was the case then they should cut down on the amount of the types of arena boosts, quantity of pots, revs and sig stones you can hold.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★

7714dtl said:

7714dtl said:

Amazing how my comments are deleted but this dumpster fire of a thread is allowed to stay up.

Dumpster fire? If you get rid of lots of useless code and cleanup the game files shouldn't it run better? If there was more of a focus on this by the developers it might actually help the game.

As someone who constantly boasts about there knowledge in programming I question why you are attacking this concept.
    No, because those items aren't anything that would cause lag on a server. It's no different than someone have 135mil gold.

In OP's picture, they 25/25 of L4 Health pots but are complaining about 6 tickets, 8 re-roll dice and some boosts for a SQ. Never mind the other boosts down below etc.. The MODOK's dice have been in there for years. They aren't causing the issues period.

The clean up they do deal with things on the servers that require calls to that server i.e crystal pulls. These boosts don't make those calls the way the crystals do. Your inv stash isn't anything that will effect the game. If that was the case then they should cut down on the amount of the types of arena boosts, quantity of pots, revs and sig stones you can hold.
    Code is code. The more useless **** in the code the more problems can arise. How many times has problem A been attributed to errant code B in Champion Cs abilities causing strange interaction in event D.

Some errant symbol or space in one area can effect things elsewhere. And the less junk the better.

And if bugs were so specific to a certain spot in the game files I would imagine the developers would have an easier time locating and fixing them. But as you have said on countless occasions it not that easy.

Bugs can come from all kinds of stuff and the less junk in the game the better.
    Lets say they get rid of this "code" for the MODOK dice, tickets and random SQ boosts and the game performs exactly how it does now, what will you blame next? The last time the MODOK quest ran was 2020. So how many of the game issues are attributed to us having those re-roll dice in our inventory?
  • AntsiouAntsiou Posts: 158 ★★

Lets say they get rid of this "code" for the MODOK dice, tickets and random SQ boosts and the game performs exactly how it does now, what will you blame next? The last time the MODOK quest ran was 2020. So how many of the game issues are attributed to us having those re-roll dice in our inventory?

You’re moving the goal post yourself and diminishing OP’s argument unfairly.
    Even though we could assume that no call is made to the server, thus not impacting other aspects of the game. It’s a know phenomenon in development/ software that the more bloat you have, the more potential for unintended interaction aka bugs there is.
    Now, let’s say they really only take server space in the backend, who’s to say those databases are always up to date, with the right security features and patches etc… no matter how you look at it, it’s not unreasonable to get rid of legacy artifacts. And in term of user experience, the inventory would become a much easier place to navigate.
    Do they solve the input issues in any way, we don’t know. But it’s still a valid point to clean up the junk nonetheless.
    Antsiou said:

You’re moving the goal post yourself and diminishing OP’s argument unfairly.
    Even though we could assume that no call is made to the server, thus not impacting other aspects of the game. It’s a know phenomenon in development/ software that the more bloat you have, the more potential for unintended interaction aka bugs there is.
    Now, let’s say they really only take server space in the backend, who’s to say those databases are always up to date, with the right security features and patches etc… no matter how you look at it, it’s not unreasonable to get rid of legacy artifacts. And in term of user experience, the inventory would become a much easier place to navigate.
    Do they solve the input issues in any way, we don’t know. But it’s still a valid point to clean up the junk nonetheless.
    The dice and tickets were in the game long before input issues..... If I'm remembering correctly, the tickets in OPs picture is older than the dice. Those items have nothing to do with causing or creating bugs.

Bunch of Mr Fantastics out here stretching.