**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• NervlusNervlus Posts: 1
    edited May 2022
    In-Game Name: VeganNervlus
    Device And Model: Poco x3 pro
    Device Operating System: ANDROID 12 / MIUI GLOBAL 13.0.3
    Cellular or Wifi: Both
    Game Version Installed: Version 35.0.1
    Game Mode: Any mode
    Description Of The Issue: Hi I would like to know if you're able to fix the compatibility with Xiaomi devices such as poco x3 pro, my device allows the game to be played at max frame rate in menu (60fps) However when I enter fights its at 30 or below, looks rather janky. Every other game I've played has done better performance, even to 120fps. I've been playing this game for years now, I wanted to upgrade phones to play at 60fps or so, but since I have it's like I didn't upgrade at all (which I did) poco x3 pro specs are definitely capable even for 120fps. This'll help out alot thanks!
  • AnaxagorAnaxagor Posts: 62
    Hi, my nick in the game is Anaxagor. I have Poco X3, Android 10. The game is lagging hard on the arena during fights. Help
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Just wanted you to know, I had about a 30 minute session where the game worked great.... figured it would be easier to tell you when it was working vs logging all the times it wasn't. Thx.

80 pages of no known issues with Android. Mods, admitting issues, but not being able to delineate them.

Not the only mobile platform with devices of all types, just not able or willing to do anything about problems as long as the bank is still flowing.

You can, and should do better by your player base.
    After the 30 mins, went back to garbage, btw.
  • Muggs2205Muggs2205 Posts: 4
    I have a galaxy s20 FE and my game started crashing when I finish a battle or during the middle of on which makes me restart the fight
  • JuddleyJuddley Posts: 2
    In-Game name: Juddley
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy 21+
    Device Operating System: Android version 12
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi with BT
    Game Version Installed: 35.0.1
    Game Mode: Battlegrounds
    Description of the Issue: Whilst playing Battlegrounds Beta, after completing and winning the 1st fight, the game appeared to freeze and was stuck on one screen. There wasn't any loss of WiFi or whirring of a timer. I could either forfeit the game or just stay on the locked screen.

• DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    In-Game names: Dukenpuke, MiniDukenpuke, Pukenduke
    Device and Model: Google Pixel 3 & Google Pixel 5
    Device Operating System: Android 12 (both)
    Cellular or WiFi: Pixel 3 has WiFi only, Pixel 5 has Verizon LTE & WiFi
    Game Mode: Menus, Fight previews, Alliance member lists, etc.
    Description of the Issue: Since the last update, the menu screens lag a lot. For example, scrolling down through the alliance member list causes the scroll to freeze and skip. You can see the load wheel in the bottom right and you can sometimes see the load wheel where alliance member profile pictures should be.

This also happens when scrolling down through the champion descriptions in the pre-fight window. It is especially noticeable in the node modifier screen, where it freezes for 4-5 seconds before you are able to scroll. Often times, trying to scroll during the load will kick you out of the window when it finally does catch up, causing you to have to open it again and wait through the lag.

The problem is significantly worse on the Pixel 3 to the point where the game is practically unplayable. The Pixel 5 isn't as bad, but still noticeable. Neither device had this problem before this month's update.
  • PsyGrinder_XPsyGrinder_X Posts: 58
    In game name: Psygrinder-x

Device and Version: Galaxy S8

Device Operating System: Android 9 - Kernel version 4.4.153-17214672

Mobile Carrier: AT&T

Cellular or WiFi: Wifi

Game Mode: Alliance Quest

Champions Affected: Apocalypse

Active Boosts: 10% attack, 20%HP

Description of the Issue: approx 4:24 pm EDT May 25th 2022 middle of the fight, on swipe back nothing happened. then it seemed as if I just placed my phone down for about 3.5 sec. No inputs registering.
    A little bit further into the fight, on swipe back, Apoc. lunges FORWARD as if it was a light attack. Moments after this, right after a successful parry, Apoc. lunges FORWARD again, before I could get the heavy attack I was planning to active.
    I was fighting Kingpin.
  • BruceLBruceL Posts: 2

In game name: Psygrinder-x

Device and Version: Galaxy S8

Device Operating System: Android 9 - Kernel version 4.4.153-17214672

Mobile Carrier: AT&T

Game Mode: Alliance Quest

Champions Affected: Apocalypse

Active Boosts: 10% attack, 20%HP

Description of the Issue: approx 4:24 pm EDT May 25th 2022 middle of the fight, on swipe back nothing happened. then it seemed as if I just placed my phone down for about 3.5 sec. No inputs registering.
    A little bit further into the fight, on swipe back, Apoc. lunges FORWARD as if it was a light attack. Moments after this, right after a successful parry, Apoc. lunges FORWARD again, before I could get the heavy attack I was planning to active.
    I was fighting Kingpin.

Same Problem here

In game name: bruce-L

Device and Version: Nokia 6

Device Operating System: Android 10 and now Android 11 - Kernel version 4.4.205-perf+
    #1 Tue Apr 26 13:05:46 CST 2022

Mobile Carrier: Telekom (Germany)

Game Mode: All

Champions Affected: All Atackers and Defenders

Active Boosts: -

Description of the Issue:

Since 25. May 01:00 am Central European Time i lose nearly every fight the complete control of my Champion. The duration takes up to 5 seconds. I cant do anything at this period of time.
  • XeoXeo Posts: 1

In-Game Name: Vollmondum
    Device and Model: Galaxy Note 3
    Device Operating System: 11
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 32+
    Description of the Issue: Stuck at Act 6.1.3. Got to Thing, just before Ghost boss.
    - the game crashes just before the battle is loaded
    - during final hit of Thing's SP1
    - Had over 50 attempts
    It's connected with recent updates' bugs when you can't do over 3 battles without a crash.
    Sometimes it crashes on Heal menu loading heal icons.

Also many crashes on special attacks on any character. It crashes first, then you restart the game and SP goes just fine. Can do 2-3 battles and then everything starts over.

Same issues for iPad Mini 2 with latest iOS.

Same is happening with me too! Unable to even play. Game crashes even from the home screen. Unable to play any mode and missing out on everything!
  • Shakti4allShakti4all Posts: 120
    edited June 2022
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScE3MyLKh6OpzVdZZzDeNO3RbALXylAzdGfF74ejOrldgPOTg/viewform

A Google Form is created to report issues. I guess this form now is dead
  • Achilles100Achilles100 Posts: 39
    IGN: The mermaid
    Device and model: Redmi note 11T 5g
    Device OS: Android 12
    Cellular and Wifi: both
    Game version installed: 35.0.1 last updated on 9th May 2022.
    Problem: happening everywhere. Dash forward and I can't get a combo in. Then KOed. Sometimes stops abruptly mid combo. Can't get party consistently. Most annoyingly game seems very pixelated.
  • TserotTserot Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Tserot
    Device and Model: Galaxy S20 FE
    Device Operating System: Android 12
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: Last update May 9 2022
    Game Mode: All. No pattern whatsoever
  • Midnight_h0ll0wMidnight_h0ll0w Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: midnighthollow
    Device and Model: huawei p30 pro
    Device Operating System: Emui 12.0
    Game Mode: In every mode of the game
    Description of the Issue: missed imputs and wrong commands for example instead of dexing i've ended up performing a medium attack, and that's not all, in the middle of a5 hit combo the imputs dropped and start to block instead, and this happen several times, with almost all of the champs that i've used.
  • vomelunvomelun Posts: 16
    In-Game Name: vomelun
    Device And Model: lenovo tab m10 fhd plus
    Device Operating System: ANDROID 10
    Cellular or Wifi: wifi
    Game Version Installed: Version 35.0.1
    Game Mode: war an Alliance quest
    since the last update. I thought that all the issues were fixed. parry, dexterity, and crashing... at least for a while. I started to note something in parry in one part of the monthly mission but did care too much...I thought it could be some node or champion. but yesterday my screen got blocked in AQ so I lost half of the life of my champion.... and this morning happened the same in war.... I don't even care about the competition items... but it is one way or the other.... either the problem is fixed or not.
  • DarektsDarekts Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: darekts
    Device and Model: S22 ultra
    Cellular or WIFI: both
    Game version installed: 35.0.1
    Game mode: all
    Description: audio lag, heavy not registering, lag throughout the game in fight, delay in dash back and heavy and basic hits
    The game worked as expected for about 20 minutes yesterday. Figure updating when it worked would lead to fewer posts. Cheers.
  • BreakingStarBreakingStar Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: BreakingStar
    Device and Model: OPPO Reno7 5G
    Device Operating System: 11
    Game Version Installed: 35.1.0
    Description of the Issue: the game has constant connection issues and it hangs and lags whenever I try to navigate to any other screen of game especially when i try to use energy refills or change my mastery setup. This problem is specific to this update.
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 265
    edited June 2022
    krisolmon said:

In-Game Name: Reggie Dunlop
    Device and Model: Google Pixel 6
    Device Operating System: Android 12, Build SPA.220505.002
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. T-mobile
    Game Version Installed: 1221613
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests.. I want to say Alliance Quest too but can’t remember for sure.
    Description of the Issue: Constant lagging everywhere in the game, getting the star spinning; occasionally, maybe 1 in 10 (not including energy issue below), the connection issue icon shows as well but I’m mostly on steady wifi about 10 feet from my router and it’s definitely lagging some when that shows in addition to the star. Happens every 5 min or so maybe, always when change screens (not during fights).

Then there’s the energy issue. Probably 80%+ of the time I try to use an energy potion, it greys the screen like it’s going to transition but then stalls out and freezes. I have been giving it ~30 seconds, but one time I let it sit for several minutes and it still did nothing. I have to close out the game and restart. I was just trying to pop several small energy refills to load up for the rest of the fight and it crashed 5 times in a row. It would also process the energy refill but then get stuck greyed out trying to go back to the previous screen.

IGN: Avenger A-1
    Device and Version: Samsung Galaxy On Max
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Mobile Carrier: Reliance Jio Fiber WiFi and Vodafone Idea Cellular
    Game Version Installed: 35.1.0
    Game Mode: Event Quest and Daily Quest
    Champions Affected: All I've played with.
    Active Boosts: None (except the Sigil XP boost).

Description of the Issue: My issue seems similar to the 2nd issue the player above has reported.

Experiencing issues with the screen going dark with the forms, buttons, and icons barely visible and the screen unresponsive. I've noted this happening when my energy is low/zero and I need to pop an energy refill. It's happening since since the last update to refresh this month's events.

Screenshot or Video: Attached screenshot.
  • BlayokenBlayoken Posts: 19
    In-Game Name: Blayoken
    Device and Model: Galaxy S20+
    Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
    Game Version Installed: latest version
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests
    Description of the Issue: When playing story/event quests and run out of energies, the screen blacked out and cannot do anything on the screen. Have to close out game and log back in to do anything else. If I go back into the story/event quest, I will get the same thing until I have more energies.
    Android 10
    Poco X3
    Tha game is lagging. Quests
  • w007ww007w Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: scorpion
    Device and Model: iphone8 pluse
    Device Operating ios 15.5
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: last one
    Game Mode: Event Quest
    Description of the Issue: when i gonna move & not have enough energy steps the game become freeze & the screen come black till… i close & reopen it agaen.

• swisher85swisher85 Posts: 1
    Since the new update came out, King Groot is not working as he should. He only starts the fights with one fury and misses 2 fury for the next cycle
  • BruceLBruceL Posts: 2
    After 2 weeks with nearly no input system im sure your AI ist manipulating and disabeling the entire input system. Unplayable this game.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,296 ★★★★
    edited June 2022
    Aside from crashing and lag, how come it isn't clearly stated that some champions abilities and description were erroneously changed like king groot and other abilities not working right like Kitty Pryde power gain when she is phasing.. New champion subject to change is understandable but buffed champion should not be touched unless the buff is useless.. Gamora and Hood were buffed twice.. after their final buff they are much better and have their uses..

Please be fair and transparent about game changes.. thanks
    Android 10
    Poco X3
    Connectivy issues, loading screen too long