**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are Variants done?

I enjoy variants and I hope it returns. Seems like easy content for Kabam to do too. I just hope the rewards and difficulty would increase.

Comments

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I also suggest that they group the Variants into Books like Act 1-6 as Book 1 nad Act 7 onwards as Book 2. For a new player, seeing that you have tons of content to do is pretty overwhelming. Grouping Variants 1-4 as Bridge to Cavalier, Variants 5-8 as Bridge to Thronebreaker then Variants 9 onwards as Bridge to Paragon will help early players decide how to take Variants.
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 378 ★★★
    AMS94 said:

V8 was pretty difficulty bcoz of the restrictions
    Previous ones were easier but V8 was definitely a step up in difficulty without any step up in rewards
    Rewards are outdated even for the existing difficulty
    Any increase in difficulty would be awful without significant increase in rewards

Agreed, doing cavalier Event quest exploration is easier and gets better rewards ( t5 class frags and 6* sig stones) compared to Variants. Not worthy to explore them.In need of awakening gems for 5* I did a few variants years ago but who cares about 5* these days
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

I also suggest that they group the Variants into Books like Act 1-6 as Book 1 nad Act 7 onwards as Book 2. For a new player, seeing that you have tons of content to do is pretty overwhelming. Grouping Variants 1-4 as Bridge to Cavalier, Variants 5-8 as Bridge to Thronebreaker then Variants 9 onwards as Bridge to Paragon will help early players decide how to take Variants.

Considering that V1-4 & V8 are much harder than V5-7, it's probably not a great idea to categorise them based on player progression
    What they can do (if they really want to make Variant progression make sense for newer players) is to significantly reduce difficulty & length for V1 & 2 so that it gets more consistent with V3 to 7, while also increasing the rewards to the same level as recent Variants
    Keep V8 as it is....it can represent the Act 6 equivalent of Book 1 of Variants
    Then start a new Book from upcoming Variants
    At present doing V1 & V2 doesn't make any sense for a newer player bcoz the difficulty is unjustifiable for those rewards
    But I don't think improving Variants is a priority for Kabam
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Krishna24 said:

AMS94 said:

V8 was pretty difficulty bcoz of the restrictions
    Previous ones were easier but V8 was definitely a step up in difficulty without any step up in rewards
    Rewards are outdated even for the existing difficulty
    Any increase in difficulty would be awful without significant increase in rewards

Agreed, doing cavalier Event quest exploration is easier and gets better rewards ( t5 class frags and 6* sig stones) compared to Variants. Not worthy to explore them.In need of awakening gems for 5* I did a few variants years ago but who cares about 5* these days
    If you think Variants are too hard to be worth exploring, you should definitely still be worried about 5*s
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★

Variants 1-4 were made as a bridge to help Uncollected players get Cavalier and early Cavaliers to expand their roster for early Act 6.
    Variants 5-8 were helpful for mid and late Cavaliers to obtain rankup materials and some T5CC to get Thronebreaker.

If Variants should return, the rewards should be updated to help early Thronebreaker strengthen their 6* roster and maybe a sprinkle of R4 mats even at 10-20%. Difficulty should also be adjusted to challenge 6R3s.

Agree with this statement. Bridges are fine, but you don't need too many. At this point, there is no need for upper level players to do 100% of the variants unless they are just bored. Single clears are still worth the time given the rewards for a single clear likely exceed the effort required. The best part of a 100% clear is the 5* rank up gems to be used during a level up event.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Variants 1-4 were made as a bridge to help Uncollected players get Cavalier and early Cavaliers to expand their roster for early Act 6.
    Variants 5-8 were helpful for mid and late Cavaliers to obtain rankup materials and some T5CC to get Thronebreaker.

If Variants should return, the rewards should be updated to help early Thronebreaker strengthen their 6* roster and maybe a sprinkle of R4 mats even at 10-20%. Difficulty should also be adjusted to challenge 6R3s.

Variants 1-4 were quasi-endgame content, though. While your categorization is correct, they came out alongside act 6, offering 4-5 gems and an AG for exploration at a time those were coveted resources.

Rewards were significantly juiced for v5. They offered a quick influx of rewards for completion and the main value of exploration was the 25% t5cc.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Variants 1-4 were quasi-endgame content, though. While your categorization is correct, they came out alongside act 6, offering 4-5 gems and an AG for exploration at a time those were coveted resources.

Rewards were significantly juiced for v5. They offered a quick influx of rewards for completion and the main value of exploration was the 25% t5cc.
    V1 was sure. V2 and on were full of easy cheese
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

I enjoy variants and I hope it returns. Seems like easy content for Kabam to do too. I just hope the rewards and difficulty would increase.

Actually they've gone on record and said that they are not easy to put together. Most people figure it's just them copying and pasting the layout while putting in higher Prestige Champions but you're also having to take into account nodes and since variants always follow a specific theme, the appropriate modifications required across the entire event.

Not to mention it's permanent content that's usually coming alongside an Event Quest AND A side quest, which means that to get a variant that consistent on schedule, other content may have to pay the price and in case you haven't heard, right now the Staffing is not great, which means it's more all hands on deck than many people assume.

That being said we'll most likely see another variant coming in by August unless they announce it in a couple weeks for July.