**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Struggling with EoP XBones

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
edited June 2022 in Strategy and Tips
My currently is CGR, Herc, and Heimdoll. I just cannot get the Xbones under 80% in my first go and it’s starting to piss me off. Any other counters that I could place in that would still allow me to do the EoP run only once
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I’m sure you’re already doing this, but parry a few times at the beginning of the fight, give him 3 or 4 furies then start to attack. Make sure to place the infuriate on him ASAP so he either shrugs it or you get intercepts. Then when you go immortal just play insanely aggressively. If you get him down to 50% or more just revive from there
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★

My currently is CGR, Herc, and Heimdoll. I just cannot get the Xbones under 80% in my first go and it’s starting to piss me off. Any other counters that I could place in that would still allow me to do the EoP run only once

Dragonman, Guillotine 2099, Nimrod, literally any robot
  • BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    My team was Herc, iHulk (for synergy and Dormammu), and Ronan (for Ikaris), all 5*s. XBones was the worst fight, but I used it mostly to ramp Herc. I started each fight parrying him until he had 3 Fury buffs before I hit him so that the Bane timer wouldn't start until I could do some damage. The run took me a handful of revives, but it was worth it.
  • JohnnyBeastJohnnyBeast Posts: 59
    So I was having a similar issue but I decided to just go with the full YOLO team. I ended up going with herc Odin and heimdall. I went with a slightly different strat, I just sat there holding heavy and intercepting with my heavy. Getting two charges at a time and just nuked him. Took two or three tries to get the solo but because I had all the herc charges already by the time I went unblockable it was much easier. And a ramped herc can do all the fights in a revive or two. Overall took me 3 or 4 review total and I’m not some kind of amazing fighter so just give it a few goes till you get the lucky nuke down
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 221 ★★★
    I’d restart with herc, Odin and heimdall honestly cost me 500 units in revives to do the full lot with that team
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 378 ★★★
    I too struggled with his bane, rest of the fights are easy but this crossbones with bane is little tricky for me
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Alr I’ll try Odin and herc
    Second attempt 😳

• Second attempt 😳

will take a few revs with herc then it is smooth sailing really
    Awesome thanks guys!!

Herc, Odin, and Heimdoll are the dream team!!

So I was having a similar issue but I decided to just go with the full YOLO team. I ended up going with herc Odin and heimdall. I went with a slightly different strat, I just sat there holding heavy and intercepting with my heavy. Getting two charges at a time and just nuked him. Took two or three tries to get the solo but because I had all the herc charges already by the time I went unblockable it was much easier. And a ramped herc can do all the fights in a revive or two. Overall took me 3 or 4 review total and I’m not some kind of amazing fighter so just give it a few goes till you get the lucky nuke down

Kiptonade said:

I’d restart with herc, Odin and heimdall honestly cost me 500 units in revives to do the full lot with that team

@JohnnyBeast
    @Kiptonade

Thanks for the insight the team did wonders!!
  • DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 396 ★★★
    What benefit does Odin provide?

Three buffs which helps a ton for dormammu

Protection could also be nice but I didn’t notice it to much
  • DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 396 ★★★
    Gotcha. Thought I was missing a synergy somehow
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited June 2022
    You got yourself a king groot? Still allows you to do a cosmic team

Ah nevermind, I see you did it already
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    just funny how they tuned the Crossbones fight to be reluctant to throw specials .. he's the only fight in the whole gambit that acts that way. the AI in that fight is terrible.
  • cytwbccytwbc Posts: 93
    just parry until he has 3 buffs, then play mad super aggressive, i got him down to 8% before i had to use a revive, but i also used a R4 6*. the whole team for my second run (1st team was all mutant R4 Apoc, Cable and OR, paragon of course) was R4 Herc R3 IHulk and R5 Magik(for Ikaris but that didnt work the way i wanted to)
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 378 ★★★

For which fights did you use Odin prefight abilities ?
    Krishna24 said:

For which fights did you use Odin prefight abilities ?
    Used them for every fight
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

That's cool and all
    but the real struggle is me trying to comprehend the heimdall rank up

It's just a Rank 2. Easy to R2 now. Still usable in quests to chip off some damage and can be a good defender at some scenarions.

That's cool and all
    but the real struggle is me trying to comprehend the heimdall rank up

Figured that if I bring him on the team for the synergy he should be at a level where he should do some damage in case all else fails. Doesn’t apply to EoP tho🤷‍♂️