**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dexterity Mastery Randomly Failing in the Future - Community Feedback

It has recently been revealed that Kabam may be testing or planning on releasing a champion that has an ability that will reduce the ability accuracy of the dexterity mastery, essentially giving it a chance to not evade whatever attack you were trying to dodge. Now I know Kabam doesn't comment on leaks or speculation but I feel it's extremely important that they receive the communities feedback regarding a mechanic like this before it is introduced into the game.

From my perspective this would be a terrible ability to bring to the game and will greatly diminish my enjoyment of the combat system. It will lead to players getting hit and dying to randomness which makes the game less skill based and will cause an immense amount of frustration for players as we will feel cheated by the game. Dexterity is one of the few game mechanics we can utilize during a fight and it's extremely important that it remains reliable. Imagine if blocking sometimes had a chance to fail or pressing the special button sometimes used your meter for no effect. That would be unacceptable as they are the methods upon which we control our champion during a fight and I believe that Dexterity falls into the same category.

If you are looking at ways to counter the mastery then please consider other options rather than giving it a chance to randomly not work. These options include specials that have long animations or multiple rapid hits which at least give us players the choice of blocking such attacks or trying to avoid triggering them in the first place. Let's keep randomness away from our fight inputs please!

What do you guys think?

Comments

• penvro56378penvro56378 Posts: 186
    i think what your saying is correct i know that me and almost any player uses dexterity and are good at it most of my game play is dexterity based. now what they could do is make a node or an event where dexterity doesn't work like i mean you cant use it at all but even then that is pretty ****
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Lets US just hope. It is the canche to proz the. Dex buf. But it kabam never ikows
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    This seems like a logical evolution to further erode skill.
    Imagine if blocking sometimes had a chance to fail

We already see unblockable specials, Rhino has the unblockable dash attack and Yondu has block penetration so I expect to see more of this type of thing and reducing chance to evade doesn't seem like a stretch of the imagination.

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Freak out about something that may or may not sometime in the future happen but we are in no way sure of.....yeah count me out. Just remember the only thing that can not be avoided without dexterity is ranged attacks that span the entire map and there are just not many of those. Enjoy though I’ll have a good laugh.
  • DamageuDamageu Posts: 52
    Agree with op, but already annoyed because they allow parry on auto block. The fact that they let tge ai parry at all is rubbish
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Freak out about something that may or may not sometime in the future happen but we are in no way sure of.....yeah count me out. Just remember the only thing that can not be avoided without dexterity is ranged attacks that span the entire map and there are just not many of those. Enjoy though I’ll have a good laugh.

While I agree with you about being a bit too premature on the negative feedback, I, myself had a similar first reaction.

And also Kabams “we don’t like to change newly released champs” motto, means we have to get changes sorted before the champ gets released. Similar to how helas/Loki’s ability was looked at before hela was released.

We all know kabams penchant for leaving op negative towards player effects in game and the instant fix for the player enhancing ones.

It would be nice to have a fun game, with creative and exciting gameplay mechanics rather than one we smash our faces against. Too much of this game has become a chore. This current war setup, rediculous timers for war/AQ, huge grinds for Arena....
    It would be nice to play for fun again.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    We already see unblockable specials, Rhino has the unblockable dash attack

Which is fine because the game provides us with the mechanics and warnings to skillfully deal with such attacks. Having to deal with unblockable attacks is very different from, for example, your block having a random chance to not block without warning. One method enhances gameplay while the other would just be frustration and cheap deaths.
    Freak out about something that may or may not sometime in the future happen

I'm trying not to freak out, quite the opposite really. The goal here is to provide useful feedback before such a champion ability is introduced, because just like @Cuteshelf said Kabam very rarely makes huge changes to champions especially right when they are released. Feedback is most useful while they are still open to making changes and it sucks that we can rarely give it during these times.
    Just remember the only thing that can not be avoided without dexterity is ranged attacks that span the entire map and there are just not many of those.

This is simply not true. Turn off Dexterity and try to dash out of an enemies combo string, you'll get hit almost every time. Same thing with an enemies dash in attack which will also catch you without Dexterity unless you maintain a very wide gap during and after the attack. Dexterity is so core to the gameplay people can forget how much it does until you take it away.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Any more thoughts before Void comes to the game?
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    I have an idea for another champ. It can only happen to players and not the AI.

Debuffs placed on the AI cause a 14.3% chance to exit the fight and have us KO'd. I call him Exitron. Easy to strategise, just don't bring any champs that cause debuffs (parrying is a no-no since stuns are debuffs), so you have to play him stun immune.

I also want to create another AW node. I call it the Debuffinator. Regular attacks and special attacks cause zero damage except for debuffs.