**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: M.O.D.O.K.'s Lab

Comments

• Crushtest wrote: »
    There are over 150 potential Buffs you can encounter, and several million possible combinations. While not every Buff in the game is included in this list of potential Buffs, it does include most of them.
    several millions?
    formula to count amount of possible combinations is n!/((n−k)!⋅k!), where n is amount of buffs, k is amount of objects. so it's 14 297 000 725. little bit more than several millions :-)

Your calculations are correct, but your estimate is wrong. Two errors: first, you did 150! / (150-6)!6! but six is wrong: it should be five. In the expert tier one buff is permanent and not random: the special three activated buff. Second, the expert tier's five random buffs is one expert tier buff and four general pool buffs, not five equally random buffs.

Based on the info in the announcement I think it is likely that each of the medium and hard pools has six buffs, and the expert has five: the medium has HP/Attack +10%-50% in increments of 10, the hard has HP/Attack +50%-100% in increments of 10, and the expert pool has HP/Attack +100%-200% in increments of 25% (the randomizer shows a +125% buff).

Let's say that the total number of buffs is about 157, and there's 140 in the general pool (if it was significantly more they would have probably said "more than 160"). That would mean the total possible combinations in the expert tier is 140!/(140-4)!4! * 5 = 76,648,075. That's probably closer to the right number. The hard tier has about 2,685,480 possible combinations and so is tiny compared to the expert tier.

It looks like the total number of possible buff combinations in all tiers is about 70-80 million. The largest unknown factor is the chance to roll "failed experiment" which could alter these calculations if the chance to fail is higher than the chance to roll any particular random buff.

Probably still more than "several" million. Several dozen million perhaps.
  • Sounds great can't wait
  • Edit: I don't want to edit and land in moderator hell, but I should have said the number of combinations changes if the odds to roll failed experiment are independent or if the most you can get is one failure. I'm assuming the buffs don't duplicate, but I'm not sure if you can have multiple failures.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    sorry for this question, but will there be a minimum participation? coz the downside of the bounty mission was that it takes minimum 15 participation to get the bonus reward. will there be such a mechanic for this one? I hope not...
  • I would have prefered once a day cooldown, but nice with the no engry. Better than Valor quests bu this is too frequent.
  • sorry for this question, but will there be a minimum participation? coz the downside of the bounty mission was that it takes minimum 15 participation to get the bonus reward. will there be such a mechanic for this one? I hope not...

It dosen't work like that I think. Did they say anything about rewards for the person who started it? However i'm confused. I don't even think it's a allince event. I think it's more of a cooldown solo quest.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Looks like a good opportunity for everyone.

• FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    pardon me, but i have a bad
    Eaglehero2 wrote: »
    sorry for this question, but will there be a minimum participation? coz the downside of the bounty mission was that it takes minimum 15 participation to get the bonus reward. will there be such a mechanic for this one? I hope not...

It dosen't work like that I think. Did they say anything about rewards for the person who started it? However i'm confused. I don't even think it's a allince event. I think it's more of a cooldown solo quest.

thanks, mate. I didnt read the full article, but after initial scan, looks good on paper.
  • Wait were both the champs for next month reveled in that 2nd picture?
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    doctordoom wrote: »
    Wait were both the champs for next month reveled in that 2nd picture?

Yup
  • Bmf420Bmf420 Posts: 161
    This looks awesome and origina!!!Excellent work game team. Between this and the rewards for act 5 I think you all have figured out exactly what we as players want.Keep the hits coming.
  • NyaleNyale Posts: 136
    Can you instead of resetting the counter every each 8hours grant 3 entries and reset after 24 h so we can sleep/work without missing out on rewards?
  • Phresh88Phresh88 Posts: 6
    Will we be able to spectate and see all info before starting the quest?
  • Que bueno
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Nyale wrote: »
    Can you instead of resetting the counter every each 8hours grant 3 entries and reset after 24 h so we can sleep/work without missing out on rewards?

You should be able to pair up the inconvenient timing of one event with a more convenient.

You might need one hour from the 16 hr block to cover the badly timed event.
  • SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    YOU GUYS SEE TASKMASTER ON THAT MAP?!? YESSSSSSSSSSS!!
  • I'm a noob, so hard and expert are out of the question for now, and easy & normal aren't worth the rewards. Thanks Kabam.
  • This update is for 16.1... are you still fixing captain marvel’s L2 like you guys said you were going to for this specific release?
  • LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182
    Hey taskmaster is going to come in the game
  • rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 268
    SCHNOOT wrote: »
    I like the pictures and extra information provided here. Definitely helps to clarify some of the more intricate details. Well done.

About that: is Taskmaster gonna be a playable champ (that IS Taskmaster, isn't it?)
  • OK
  • Cool...
  • I want in
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Wow,This Event quest is actually too impressive,Well done Guys!
  • Sounds like a helluva challenge.let's do this
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    This is fresh and different. Like the new additions, such as the randomizer and zero energy. This sounds like it will be challenging but fun. The rewards are definitely worth it, too. Keep up the great work!
  • But what's the ACTUAL event quest, because this looks like just another test of valor or stark assignment
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Wajmeister wrote: »
    I'm a noob, so hard and expert are out of the question for now, and easy & normal aren't worth the rewards. Thanks Kabam.

If your roster isn't strong enough to do hard tier yet, you shouldn't be thinking the easy and medium tier rewards aren't worth it. They are worth it to anyone that can't complete hard mode yet. Hard tier has 4* 3/30s in it according to the announcement. 3* 4/40s should be able to take that tier. If you don't have a strong maxed team of 3* 4/40s, you should be trying to get all the 3* crystals you can. Doing medium tier 3x 28 is about 8 and a half 3* crystals.

If you can't do hard mode but you think the only rewards worth your time are 4* and 5* category rewards, you're going to be stuck at the bottom for a very long time while everyone else passes you by. Everyone has to start at the bottom and work their way up. Getting as many PHCs and 3* crystals is the key to working your way up to the higher tiers.

Heck, since the energy costs are zero I'm likely to do all four tiers myself. Most of my 2* and 3* champs are max sig, so I can always use more double dup sets of 3* and 4* fragments. Its likely to take only a couple minutes to complete those tiers, so that's actually a decent amount of rewards for almost zero time.

I have a team rating of 13k with about 20 different 4*, many are only 2/20, with about 10 that are 3/30 and 1 @ 4/40. Recommended team is 16k. So I dunno if it's doable, but we'll see
This discussion has been closed.