**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Over 200k and still not able to rank 5 a 4*

Comments

• charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    P.s always rank up champs those regenerate through the fight which keeps your health pots safe
    And don't worry of 6* champs even top alliance players will take 6-8 months to get there first 6*.
    Arena cut offs for 4* are still high as before because of the same reason lol
    Better focus on what you got :#

i.e Old man logan etc. Right?
  • Nemsa_M4nNemsa_M4n Posts: 97
    Sorry but I started around the same time as you. March 2015. I have 3 5* at r4 and 30 or so 4* at r5. You can't blame anyone but yourself. Also my rating is 520k.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I have only 1 r5

I only have 25 4 star 5/50's and 4 5 star 4/55's
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Nemsa_M4n wrote: »
    Sorry but I started around the same time as you. March 2015. I have 3 5* at r4 and 30 or so 4* at r5. You can't blame anyone but yourself. Also my rating is 520k.

Wow way to be a jerk. Not everyone gets as lucky a others in terms of catalyst pulls, let alone have a champion to use those on. Take a step back man.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I was reading the original post, but just to note, completing ACT 4 100% is a huge huge help.

congrats on your rank ups. Star lord is next I'm assuming.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    @SillyCaitlin Did you rank 3 that 5* Guilly over a duped 4* Scarlet Witch?
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I focused everything on 1 5* for awhile (SW). Even farmed t3cc to sell for t4cc shards. Then everything into Ultron.
    The absolute biggest thing that helped after that was getting out of a casual alliance and into a competitive one.
    More t4bc and t4cc in a month than I've gotten in a year. From 2mil to 9 mil alliance. :)

Luckily I was used to fighting bosses with nodes still up due to participation issues. Now at higher levels with nodes down it isn't too bad and this alliance is very organized. Should have made the switch sooner.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    I focused everything on 1 5* for awhile (SW). Even farmed t3cc to sell for t4cc shards. Then everything into Ultron.
    The absolute biggest thing that helped after that was getting out of a casual alliance and into a competitive one.
    More t4bc and t4cc in a month than I've gotten in a year. From 2mil to 9 mil alliance. :)

Luckily I was used to fighting bosses with nodes still up due to participation issues. Now at higher levels with nodes down it isn't too bad and this alliance is very organized. Should have made the switch sooner.

SW can't be a 5*.

Wait...
  • TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    Well... I'm 160k and I have 3 4* Maxed out (5/50) champs
    58isua2hxha0.png

And I'm currently holding more than enough catalysts
    a9t5gnct37yx.png

You need a good alliance. You are 200k, you can easily join a 6-7 million alliance which plays map5x5. With this rating one can join a 8-9 million alliance but u dont have any R5 so... 6-7 million alliance is ideal for you.

Btw when did you started playing this game?
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I remember the days before t4cc shards when it was actually hard to 5/50 a champ.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    more than 2 yrs in game and only 200k rating.
    Did you take a break or something????
    IT took me about 9 months of map 5x5 in AQ to r5 my first 4 star. It's almost 3 yrs for me and I'm at 500k now
  • Sp3edD3m0nSp3edD3m0n Posts: 90
    Luck plays into everything but strategy is more important.

1. Dont spend units on stupid crystals you end up with 2 stars 99% of the time. Save them and use them to complete harder content. i.e. Act4, Master, Act 5, Goldblum, the devils advocate, RTTL.
    2. Purchase lesser glory crystals ONLY! IMO any 4r5 is better than none, so its best not to pay the markup for the Greater Glory Crystal. (unless you are in rolling in glory). Since Glory came out, I have purchased 2 glory crystals a week (500&550). When I have a surplus of glory I buy the 700 unit lesser or then buy the greater crystal.
    3. Always go for the t4c instead of other promos such as a 4 star champs. In this month you should have been able to get 4 T4Cs. 3 Purchased with valor, and 1 free with the calendar giveaway. If you can finish master should not have gotten the 4 star crystal with the valor.
    4. Reconsider your alliance, you should at least be doing map 4, and getting all the milestone in advanced bracket.

I am on a lot but dont do a lot of arenas and have 6-4r5, 2-5r3 and enough t4cs to rank up r5 6 more champs. Im hording them because I mean to 5r4 two champs and see what 5 stars I pull in December.
  • SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    I was reading the original post, but just to note, completing ACT 4 100% is a huge huge help.

congrats on your rank ups. Star lord is next I'm assuming.

How'd you ever guess? Lol. Got to rank him up just last week!

5w6w5ll47cnd.png
    edited December 2017
    Nemsa_M4n wrote: »

Wow way to be a jerk. Not everyone gets as lucky a others in terms of catalyst pulls, let alone have a champion to use those on. Take a step back man.

Thanks for putting my thoughts into words!
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Do map 5x5. You will have more t4cc than u know what to do with
  • Bmf420Bmf420 Posts: 161
    R5 4*s are becoming the norm in the game. Its time to r4 5*s guys. It's the only way to keep up with progression.
    A little advice is don't focus on the power index of champs just read the nodes and evade,parry and avoid blocking. If you're having trouble with any of these just practice them in the arena. Good luck to all.
    edited December 2017
    To answer the rest of the questions, I started in April 2015, but took a break for most of 2016. Being an adult and all, working 8-11 hours a day plus commuting means I can't give 100% of myself to this game--so I don't think a rating of 238k, all considered, is too shabby.

Yes, I ranked Guillotine up over SW... fully aware SW is the better choice (oooh... God tier if duped with a high sig? lol). I went with a 5* because the thought of never being able to use my T2 alphas and having them expire saddens me. I'll go with SW at some point. Go ahead, judge, we're not at planet fitness.

No, I'm not leaving my own alliance. Being a leader is rewarding, fun, and I care more about my alliance-mates than the number of rewards when all is said and done. That being said, I did shave off a few players that were holding us back and now we're almost up to 6 mil.

All in all, I'm happy with the 4 champs I ranked:

qbwfurzbpail.png

Cosmic is next.

219sslbkeaj5.png

Thor is my only decent option.

dv9yyh3tgdz0.png

The new class shards in the glory store are pretty great when a few more shards are needed to complete a catalyst!
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I went with a 5* because the thought of never being able to use my T2 alphas and having them expire saddens me.

Is there a typo error? Should it be T1A?

edited December 2017
    @winterthur No typo, simply an abbreviation for "Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst." No, not tier 1. Yes, I have plenty of tier 2, but no 5*s to take to rank 4 or 5, hence the decision to r3 a 5* over r5ing a 4* so eventually I'll be able to use some of them.

Clear as mud? Lol.

The fact I earned so many T2 Alphas months prior to being able to r5 a 4* was also part of my frustration in terms of progressing in this game. It seemed like it should be easier to earn something that would be helpful in the near future as opposed to the distant one.
    winterthur wrote: »
    I went with a 5* because the thought of never being able to use my T2 alphas and having them expire saddens me.

Is there a typo error? Should it be T1A?

6laiudemr18s.png
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    T2A is extremely hard earn. There is only very limited full crystal available in-game. I have this many because of the free gifting (unsure if I tracked each and everyone of them).

6nvzqcsgm6td.png

I was puzzled when you said it is expiring.
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Posts: 56
    Easy fix switch to a 5x5 ally. I’m 160k rated 0 R5’s less than 2 months ago. Now I have 7 x630dcvkotn7.png
  • JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    edited December 2017
    add to this a rank 3 5* x23 as well. im about 7months in and joined a 5x5 ally about 3 weeks ago 4 of those rank 5s happened since then. if you can get your ally to run 5x5 it will skyrocket the amount of t4cc you have9iwfvpzm27iw.png
    Oops my bad I only have 6 of 12 T2A. My bad.

a2b9yhi97a4q.png
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Glad to see youve progressed from where you were! Well done!
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    @SillyCaitlin after reading your OP I wanted to say that for me higher ranks happened in "spurts". After reading your latter posts, it appears it's the same for you also ;-). I've been playing for over 2 1/2yrs at an approx. avg. of 6days/4hrs per and been up to tier 4 in AW(I think thats above avg playtime) Took a couple breaks and didn't get my 1st 5/50 4* until just about year 2(ranked 2 at the same time). Now I'm in the process of getting my 5th and a hair from my 6th.
    Some players can afford to invest more time and effort than others, and everyone has different time frames in their progression. If I were to give you some advice, it would be this. Don't be too concerned with your progression as long as your enjoy playing, everything else will fall into place on your time, not someone elses.

Congrats on the new rank ups and more to come!

• Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Change alliances man.. i got 20 r5s
  • KUROKURO Posts: 104
    Change alliances man.. i got 20 r5s

She’s a girl. (I assumed)
  • DarkDark Posts: 60
    Gamer wrote: »
    Thah Becasse u dont is in a ally ther play map 5&5 days. Think Thah why. But fells u back when im wash ther

You should throw that chew-gum bud