**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

And the comp is out. What are your thoughts on overall package?

Comments

• Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Noise72 said:

Noise72 said:

Noise72 said:

Skiddy212 said:

Can someone post paragon rewards? ive only seen thronebreaker and cav.

The free 2-3 gem is awesome

There are no paragon rewards. Total garbage move Kabam.
    Paragon players didn't exist during the issues we are being compensated for.
    This post makes no sense. Paragon players had to push through these issues to get the mats to become Paragon. We 100% deserve our own package.
    You were Thronebreaker when the bugs were happening. Not Paragon. You may have pushed through more content, but you were Thronebreaker while doing it.
    I love how you proved your "argument" wrong in your post. We pushed through the issues to get Paragon when others didn't. It's not hard to understand.
    It's not an argument. Just stating fact. You were not paragon when the problems were occurring.
    You're still not making any sense. Players who got TB when I got Paragon didn't get the Cav compensation. Your argument is basically that people should only get the comp at their progression 10 months ago. Awful argument.
  • MattDRKMattDRK Posts: 171

Ken1378 said:

Where are the revives!?

Even if there were a couple dozen revives, I think this package would only be okay. Considering how long the issues have persisted for.

there were none. but how do we know this was the compensation?
    im wondering in that too, maybe they are planing a second part of the compensation with revives and potions, to not make the final week of EOP easier
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Jeal79 said:

Rank up materials were good. Probably roughly on par with what I expected.

Very underwhelming in the champion crystals though. I was expecting the nexus to be either the 10-champ selector or at the very least class selectable. Failing either of those they could have provided more than one nexus.

5x energy refills less than a week after you gave us all 10x - Bonkers

On my account (TB), a year's worth of issues and frustration was compensated by a 6* man-thing and a 5* Deadpool X :s

Definitely disappointed.

They didn't plan the energy bug so....

I can't imagine why you would expect a 10 choice nexus.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    edited June 2022
    Comp package is nice, would really like for the game to become truly whole again though. Game performance right now is still very bad when you have to frequently reboot to get it to not lag thru the screens, have the 2-3 second mid-fight game freeze, etc.

For all those asking where the revives are at.... They are in Act 3 where they have alway been 😅
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    It looks nice but no AQ / AW revives and potions??
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I just opened stuff across all 7 of my accounts, it was nuts. But I had fun with it, so I guess I don’t care much past that?
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    For all the troubles the playerbase has been through, I don't think it accounts for everything but it's still good nonetheless.

However I think adding more gold, and even revives for the amount of time I've seen ppl get KO'd for unresponsive inputs etc was needed tbh.

Still grateful
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    _Sham_ said:

It's nice but with a year of issues i would have expected some units and revives in there. Thanks kabam at least we got something not that bad.

Setting units aside, I believe the reason why there's no potions in there is because we were getting potions along the way. We've been calling all these packages "compensation packages" generically but really, we've been getting two different things (well, three if you count alliance consumables and quest consumables as two things) targeting two completely different issues. We've been getting consumable packages over time to *assist* with the various control and stability issues, because consumables don't make sense to give out all at once. No one wants a hundred potions six months later. So those were handed out over time.

Separately, we've been getting *opportunity cost* compensation packages. The original alliance package contained glory, which was an opportunity cost compensation item - granting some rewards to compensate in some form for the fact that separate from players burning more resources, they were getting less rewards on average. Those were eventually discontinued, but we did get one interim reward package a while back with more of this kind of reward stuff in it. This one is another one of those: intended to compensate for rewards players might have not received over time due to gameplay issues, separate from resources players might have spent to play through those issues.

In neither case are these packages going to make everyone whole. That's not possible, and it is not even remotely intended. These are intended to hand out something approaching the *average* amount of stuff players might have lost, plus a bit more.

If someone spent ten thousand units pushing through input issues, or fifty thousand glory, or whatever, they are not going to get it back. If someone thinks they didn't get to Thronebreaker, and that then cost them a shot at materials for Paragon, and now they think they deserve all of the gap rewards for the past year, they're not going to get that either. *Most* players almost certainly did not somehow fail to receive this much stuff due to gameplay issues. For what it is intended to be, this seems like a reasonable level of compensation and about the right kinds of stuff. It might be a little light on gold and glory compared to what was being handed out earlier, but it is not exceptionally so.

And honestly, if you're Thronebreaker I'm pretty sure the problems over the past whatever time didn't costs you that much R4 materials. For every TB thinking they got shorted, there's probably another player who was just handed Paragon days before J4. That was actually fairly surprising to me on the upside.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I might be speaking a bit broadly here, but kinda wild they think Paragon level players still care about 5-star champs lol

Fair enough. I'll ask them to make those more relevant in the future.

The five stars, I mean.
    This I don't get. At all. At which point in the game does one become immune to anything less than a 6*.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

I might be speaking a bit broadly here, but kinda wild they think Paragon level players still care about 5-star champs lol

The five stars, I mean.
    This I don't get. At all. At which point in the game does one become immune to anything less than a 6*.
    I'm assuming they mean they have a giant roster of 6* champs, so they don't need any 5* champs.

I believe there's a solution to that problem.
  • PGK88PGK88 Posts: 84
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

The five stars, I mean.
    I'm assuming they mean they have a giant roster of 6* champs, so they don't need any 5* champs.

What solution? Ability to rank up 5 star rank 5 maxed out champions with a Sig threshold to 6 star rank one? 😜
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I liked/appreciated it. I recognize that the input issues are real and they can still occur, but at the same time, Kabam is trying to address it, it’s still a very good game and they have offered compensation multiple times and various ways
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

The five stars, I mean.

if im honst im dont knew why a 5 star is a thing in AW abov plat3 and then this parcket no there could gic two 6 star one nexus or make it a class im was realy empras im not mad at the compensation im okay with it becasse of the r4 mat
  • Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 241 ★★
    The hero crystals definitely weren't as glamorous as anyone was hoping but getting the free rank up materials was really great! But as a cav player I don't really understand why there wasn't any kind of alpha cats included
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    What would've made this package better is

- instead of 6* Nexus, give us 3 of the dual class 6* crystals. I don't believe there's a Nexus version of these but that would be even better.
    - include solo mode potions and revives. Ones that won't hit stash right away for many of us. Like level 4/5 revives and romance type potions. Not a ton of them, maybe 10 revives and 30 heals.
    - give us a token number of units, maybe 500

Time to burn through 6k glory on random stuff I don't really need in order to claim this package.
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    For my tb mini account that I log into once a month, or I have been once week while eop was on to knock that out real quick, it was fine. On my paragon account it is insulting at best.
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

I’m conflicted. Yeah there are some nice things, but is this a years worth of issues nice? I’m not sure.

This is the second compensation package we've received within the last 10 months
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★

Meh! Don't understand the logic behind giving a 5-star nexus for TB/Paragon. Should've been a Class nexus+6-star nexus

If you are a new TB player then a five star can absolutely be viable, if you are a new paragon player then it’s just some ISO and six star shards really.