**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Big Changes Coming to Act 6 this June!

14567810»

Comments

• DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    Any idea when Carina’s challenges are loaded back for the Act 6 content? Thanks !
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    It’s very informative to receive such a thorough breakdown of how these changes were determined.
  • Dragon_SwordDragon_Sword Posts: 25
    edited June 2022
    My unclaimed rewards from the carina challenges are also missing. Disabling the challenges took away not only the challenges but the unclaimed rewards. I messaged Kabam support and received a reply that there was no proof that I completed the challenge. Volume 1 challenges were done months ago and I didn't claim them to save the T5CC selector.
    It happened on June 3 when my rewards were gone and a couple of hours later, they returned to my account. But now, they disappeared from my account on June 6 and haven't been in my account. I am hoping that once the Carina objectives are put back, my rewards will return. But there is no guarantee.

Nerfing Act 6 followed by disabling Carina challenges from act 6 took away the unclaimed rewards. It looks like everyone who had unclaimed rewards lost those rewards.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★

My unclaimed rewards from the carina challenges are also missing. Disabling the challenges took away not only the challenges but the unclaimed rewards. I messaged Kabam support and received a reply that there was no proof that I completed the challenge. Volume 1 challenges were done months ago and I didn't claim them to save the T5CC selector.
    It happened on June 3 when my rewards were gone and a couple of hours later, they returned to my account. But now, they disappeared from my account on June 6 and haven't been in my account. I am hoping that once the Carina objectives are put back, my rewards will return. But there is no guarantee.

Nerfing Act 6 followed by disabling Carina challenges from act 6 took away the unclaimed rewards. It looks like everyone who had unclaimed rewards lost those rewards.

They said that everyone should better claim their rewards. It was never the plan that players have those rewards unclaimed for a long time. The rewards are probably gone for ever dude :neutral:
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 152
    Has Kabam announced when Act 6 objectives in Carina’s Challenges will be back?
  • Punky_Slayer1Punky_Slayer1 Posts: 7
    VikRafa said:

OGAvenger said:

Nobody needs any compensation. This is a necessary change…coming from someone who 100% act 6 a long time ago and couldn’t be affected any less on this change.

Act 6.2 shouldn’t be harder and more roster restricting than act 8

Huh? So because you happen to be now entitled to easier content those of us who completed it whilst it was actually significantly more challenging are to just sit whilst we grinded and burnt though half of the resources you will have to?
    Act 6 should be harder than act 7 as Act 7 is the outcome of the difficulty of Act 6, It's more of a calm and easier piece of content to do after you finally got the highest title in the game being thronebreaker. Maybe if people stopped crying so much and just did the content they were offered we wouldn't be in such a standstill.
    Tienes toda la razon, la verdad el echo de que a la gente que no puede y no se quiere esforzar le hagan el juego mas facil, a los que nos costo recursos no nos den alguna compensacion @Kabam Miike eso es algo injusto, parece que solo les importan los nuevos jugadores y los que ya llevamos tiempo y hemos gastado recursos no les importamos, debes de ser mas consciente con los cambios que estan haciendo, nosotros tambien merecemos alguna compensacion por lo que se gasto (recursos), espero que comprendas el descontento de todos los que gastamos en todo ese acto 6 y a kabam no le importe ese gran logro que era acabarlo, fue gastar solo para un titulo que no deba mejores recompensas que el rompetronos
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 265 ★★
    No feedback if this was the changes that was intented?

• able21able21 Posts: 13
    When can we expect Grand Master to be nerfed? Hopefully soon.
  • Erik_Killmonger1001Erik_Killmonger1001 Posts: 427 ★★★
    able21 said:

When can we expect Grand Master to be nerfed? Hopefully soon.

I hope they never do this, The grandmaster is supposed to be a tough final boss and is well balanced as it is, it does not need a nerf. They specifically said that they grandmaster is the only fight they left alone so it's not going to happen any time soon
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Unlikely.
  • SpartanChaosSpartanChaos Posts: 22
    As an UC player I couldn't agree more with thr above post. I was all for spending money on this game until these changes came out. It would appear Kabam has no interest in keeping new players around since upping the difficulty astronomically has only caused me to decide on playing casually and going f2p
  • TodoMac said:

[What the heck] were you [people] thinking?

You may notice your post has been heavily edited.

I could have definitely just deleted it but I felt you should be entitled to making your very lengthy points.

However. That does not validate your insults towards people because you didn't agree with the changes made.

Keep it clean, summoners. Play nice.
  • Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    TodoMac said:

[What the heck] were you [people] thinking? Seriously, what genius thought it was a good idea to balance 6.1 with the rest of Act 6? Do you [humans] not even understand how your own title progression system works? Apparently not, so let me explain it to you!!

Just ran through Cav on my alt account and didn't feel it was any harder than before. 5* CMM took me the entire distance without much of a struggle.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Noise72 said:

TodoMac said:

[What the heck] were you [people] thinking? Seriously, what genius thought it was a good idea to balance 6.1 with the rest of Act 6? Do you [humans] not even understand how your own title progression system works? Apparently not, so let me explain it to you!!

Just ran through Cav on my alt account and didn't feel it was any harder than before. 5* CMM took me the entire distance without much of a struggle.
    You have to remember though, you're running through on your alt so you've already gotten used to higher content and developed TB or higher level skills for the game. Most players attempting this are going to be fresh UC who haven't been playing for months or years
    The reason why there is a significant gap between the calculated difficulty of Act 6 and the perceived difficulty of Act 6 is because the difficulty is not uniformly distributed on the maps. Most of the difficulty is concentrated in just a few fights, and the rest of the fights on paths affect difficulty by attrition. So when the PI of the path defenders increased substantially but the hardest fights on the map were also moderated, the net result of all of this is a neutral or lowering of net difficulty. This is something the naïve calculations overlook (and it is something I implicitly accounted for when I first calculated Act 6 difficulty relative to earlier Acts).

I probably wouldn't have adjusted 6.1 in the way it was adjusted, but more because I don't think it would be worth the effort to do it, not that it would be catastrophic to the difficulty curve. The massive apocalyptic issues the poster mentioned (and most people cannot now read) are, as I said above, unlikely. The changes just aren't large enough for this sort of disaster to happen, which a more thorough analysis that correctly accounted for all of the net Act 6 changes would have determined.