**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How Well Does MCOC Run on Data?

RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…
Pretty much the title.

Iā€™m thinking of getting unlimited data for the summer, as I work in a place with no wifi.

Does Mcoc run better on data?

šŸ™

Comments

• MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…
    edited June 2022
    According to my data stats on iPhone Xs Max MCOC uses about 1-2gigs of data a month which is low compared to YouTube at around 40gigs of data a month half the time i am on Wifi so take that into account.
  • Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…
    It works pretty well. I usually have full data but even with a weak connection, it starts and runs good. Just some time to change menus.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…
    I'm on the road 6 days of the week and mainly use data. When signal strength gets weak it can be a little annoying for AQ/AW when it disconnects and you lose health/attack bonus.

Majority of the time it is fine, just a little slow from time to time.

• psp742psp742 Posts: 2,299 ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…
    It depends on the signal strength and coverage of your phone service network.. in some areas where the coverage is limited, the connection suffers a bit but overall I switch from Wi-Fi to data depending on the Wi-Fi connection strength (our cable service provider lowers the speed of internet from time to time).
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…
    On data, as others have mentioned so long as there is good signal it runs fine (4G / 5G) anything below that it becomes progressively worse.

As for usage my data is

Whilst Wifi has

But that also includes the updates
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 765 ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…
    I did an African safari right before covid. I wasn't expecting connectivity at all / prepped my alliance for an extended outage who were very understanding.

turns out, in the middle of nowhere in the Serengeti, where there were camp sites where was some internet... enough that I was able to do a few MCOC things OK (once it gets dark, there isn't too much else to do).

If I can play the game from there... I would think you should be fine.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…
    Not as good a WiFi for sure.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…
    Basically works like any app with data, if there's good service it will run fine
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…
    You guys play mcoc with Wifi?šŸ‘€šŸ¤Æ