**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unfair game advantages

I’ve been playing for a few weeks, and my goal has been to get a 5* through hard work.

I have multiple 4 star champs, the highest one being on rank 4. However, Carinas care package came out offering a free 5* Nexus for even a player who just started, and resources to get a 4* champ to rank 5 for no work at all. I haven’t claimed this yet.

Later, in a grandmaster crystal, I unlocked a 5* warlock, who is one of the best champs in the game.

My question is, should I try to ignore these unfair advantages, and not use the 5 star I got until I get to like act 5, or should I just use those anyway, even if it unfairly boosts my game progression?

Comments

• GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Personally I would just open the 5*. You are most likely not able to rank them up, only level them up. A 1/25 5* champ is equal to a rank 3 4*. And a 2/35 5* about equal to a r4 4*.

So from the get go you won`t be at a major advantage.
    And if you do not want to depend on overleveled champs you could always first use your lower 4* and 3* champs to complete a quest. And only if you are unable to defeat it with low champs use 1 or 2 of your higher champs on your team as backup.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't call it unfair, but you can ignore your five stars and compensations if you want.
  • rivetrivet Posts: 254
    Not unfair, other new player got the same package as well
  • MilesMorales3169MilesMorales3169 Posts: 38

You should only use 2 and 3*'s for acts 1-4. Anything higher is an unfair advantage.

I’m using 4* ranked 3-4 and maxed out 3*s and I’m still struggling with act 4. Also, completing act 3 gives you a 4* so I don’t see how that makes any sense. Maybe you meant for acts 1 - 3?
    rivet said:

How is it fair to give a player who just started a 5*?
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Claim the stuff, don't use it if you don't want.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    rivet said:

All players got something different based on their progression. A player didn't just start the game and claim a 5*.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    Yeah don't use it, using a 5* in act 4 is a clear violation of the MCOC Code of Conduct and Ethics. A violation like this can get you a 1 year ban and a 2,000 unit fine.

rivet said:

All players got something different based on their progression. A player didn't just start the game and claim a 5*.
    Yes, but I’m pretty sure players who started also get the one with the 5*. Those who are more advanced through the game get even better stuff from it.
    DRTO said:

Yeah don't use it, using a 5* in act 4 is a clear violation of the MCOC Code of Conduct and Ethics. A violation like this can get you a 1 year ban and a 2,000 unit fine.

Very funny… I just hoped that my first 5* would’ve been unlocked through working hard for it. I spent a while fully exploring act 4 and with the package doing so is now almost completely useless
  • ThomildoThomildo Posts: 442 ★★★

This is a weird one and not fully sure if this is satire

#Insert suffering from success meme here#
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

DRTO said:

Very funny… I just hoped that my first 5* would’ve been unlocked through working hard for it. I spent a while fully exploring act 4 and with the package doing so is now almost completely useless
    Kabam has bent over backwards making the early stages of the game easier for new players. There's nothing wrong with using your 5*'s. I have a 6* on a level 27 account I was using.
  • PGK88PGK88 Posts: 84
    Claim your 5 stars. dont use them if you feel you are getting unfair advantage.
    Trust me- as you progress and get more 5 stars, the amount of ISO that you get while duping this 5* will be useful ;)

DRTO said:

Kabam has bent over backwards making the early stages of the game easier for new players. There's nothing wrong with using your 5*'s. I have a 6* on a level 27 account I was using.
    Haha thanks, but I still believe that using anything other than 1*s up to act 4 an unfair advantage. Once you get to act 5 you can start using 2*s.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I’ve been playing for a few weeks, and my goal has been to get a 5* through hard work.

I have multiple 4 star champs, the highest one being on rank 4. However, Carinas care package came out offering a free 5* Nexus for even a player who just started, and resources to get a 4* champ to rank 5 for no work at all. I haven’t claimed this yet.

Later, in a grandmaster crystal, I unlocked a 5* warlock, who is one of the best champs in the game.

My question is, should I try to ignore these unfair advantages, and not use the 5 star I got until I get to like act 5, or should I just use those anyway, even if it unfairly boosts my game progression?

I’d suggest play the game in the way you want! If you want to progress “naturally” and not use your 5* for now, then absolutely go for it and play the way you want. Don’t listen to people ragging on you lol, I respect your attitude!

You could maybe stash that 5* for a rainy day, keep going with your 4*s until you hit a roadblock and then open your 5*! At the end of the day, do what you find fun and if you feel it’s “cheating” to jump ahead with a higher rank than you feel you deserve right now then stick with what you feel is fair and fun

I’d suggest play the game in the way you want! If you want to progress “naturally” and not use your 5* for now, then absolutely go for it and play the way you want. Don’t listen to people ragging on you lol, I respect your attitude!

You could maybe stash that 5* for a rainy day, keep going with your 4*s until you hit a roadblock and then open your 5*! At the end of the day, do what you find fun and if you feel it’s “cheating” to jump ahead with a higher rank than you feel you deserve right now then stick with what you feel is fair and fun
    Thanks, you’re really nice! But now that I think about it my post was kinda funny.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 765 ★★★
    it won't be an unfair advantage... but at the same time... while progressing the lower acts... you should be learning core skills of the game (e.g. various types of intercepting). Using OP champs is a great way to get to act 6... but the difficulty grows quickly, and if you aren't growing with it, you will soon hit a wall.

I would still do it... just be prepared for it, and don't be like many others on the forum complaining that things are too hard, and why can't you just be given then next higher level champions and catalysts to catch up.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Thanks, you’re really nice! But now that I think about it my post was kinda funny.
    It’s a new one for sure, there aren’t many complaints about having champions that are too good :D
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★

DRTO said:

Exploring act 5 gives you materials to rank 4 a 5*. So it is still very much worth it.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    If the game gave it to u, it gave it to everyone else as well
    Nothing unfair about this.....don't think too much & focus on progression
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★

You should only use 2 and 3*'s for acts 1-4. Anything higher is an unfair advantage.

Heh.

You should use your best champs. And focus on ranking Warlock as high as you can.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    It’s a game, I wouldn’t look at it that seriously
  • ChiifinChiifin Posts: 2
    I just became Thronebreaker and got 5* Warlock like 4 months ago for the first time.. That's tits bro.. I'd use any advantage I could to rank up. You'll quickly catch up to difficult content, just keep on exploring the story books

It’s a new one for sure, there aren’t many complaints about having champions that are too good :D
    Yeah lmao, imagine always seeing players complain that the game is too hard and then one day seeing someone complain that their champions are too overpowered lol
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

Oh yes that brings me back to the good old days, when 4* champs were a myth.
    edited July 2022

I have multiple 4 star champs, the highest one being on rank 4. However, Carinas care package came out offering a free 5* Nexus for even a player who just started, and resources to get
    YeahI

Oh yes that brings me back to the good old days, when 4* champs were a myth.
    Yeah I remember those, it’s surprising how much faster progression is now

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    Do I have a 5* on a few of my non Uncollected accounts? Heck yeah. Do I use them? Heck yeah.