**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is T1a really an issue?

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
Is it really an issue. I hear folks complain about how it's hard to get and there is a shortage...Well, how about this? Don't upgrade that 4* champ that you never play anyways.

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    You can get 10 a week, that's enough to do a 5* weekly.

That's the best level champ in the game currently, how fast do you expect to level them up?
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    You can get 10 a week, that's enough to do a 5* weekly.

That's the best level champ in the game currently, how fast do you expect to level them up?

10 a week? Haha
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Is it really an issue. I hear folks complain about how it's hard to get and there is a shortage...Well, how about this? Don't upgrade that 4* champ that you never play anyways.

If you don’t play with your 4* still then you over work yourself. I just 100% 5.3 with just 4* and roughly 1500 units (needed 15 or so energy refills with that unit amount).

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Considering you can earn them in the monthly quests, buy them with glory, buy them with valor, earn them (or shards) in crystals, no, I don't see T1A being an issue. T2A is another story...

Not enough t1a even if the amount we can get looks okay. Why should we debate ranking up a 5* or a viable 4*?

Most have an overflow of t4cc and significant t4bc coming in and the only aspect holding most people back is t1a.
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    5 from glory store, 2 from 3 day events, 1 from arena.

Sorry that's 8, but currently you can get some with Valor, also the new event quest has a few in too.
    Thah only If u wont to use like 4k glory. And then. U Go it to motly event quset dont count either.
    Tier1 aplha. Is a isuse Becasse Berfor we Got Them one milstone and not any more. And How the games progasing to 5 Stars it dont make sens
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96
    The T1A shortage is an issue for players that are at a level where they’re more focused on upgrading 5*s than they are on 4*s. 5*s take 10 T1A shards just to get to rank 3, 4*s need 4 T1As to hit rank 5, even though the two ranks are supposed to be approximately equivalent to each other. I’m kind of conservative with my rank ups, so it’s rare for me to be “short” on T1A, but it is a hot commodity and it slows down my rate at which I can upgrade my champs despite being a “lower level” resource that cannot be obtained from higher difficulty map crystals from AQ.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Kabams supply does not match players demand.

So, we deal with the shortage, and surplus of T4C.

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Kabam have acknowledged this finally, that lots of high level
    Players are complaining about the bottleneck being t1as. So I guess we will see if it's addressed (or intentional) soon. There will always be a bottleneck somewhere and really it would mostly be fixed by them taking away the strange choke point set at r2 5*s being such a high ratio of alphas to t4bs. I'm focussed on 5* now and as coat hanger says I've hoarded resources and finally pulled a few champs that I want to r3 and r4 and the need for so many alphas all at once highlights this issue for me (25 alphas to rank those two champs. To r3 and r4, So I've been buying a few in glory store every week, and Valor and have been running alpha arena for months, the thing is I have so many t4bs and t4cs saved that the actual amount of alphas needed to use those is extreme (and I keep pulling them so I don't think I will catch up ever at this rate). My comment can only be that it seems a strange resource at this stage in the game for me to be having To spend all my glory on. It would seem
    More logical that I would be able to focus it on the very hard to obtain t2as that would actually make a difference to my gameplay
  • AjarAjar Posts: 64
    You get only without the monthly event every 6 days 2 t1a. That means 10 a month. The monthly gives you 4 so that's only 14 t1a a month. That means you cant R3 a 5 star every month.
    The Alliance event rewards are the same since the start. It's like they haven't progressed like the rest of the game that's ****.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Is there a shortage of champions because you have a surplus of t3c with no one to use them on? No the supply of champions has a set rate determined by the game devs just like all other materials. This is likely based on the rate they want players at various levels to progress without creating a huge disparity between the top, middle and bottom.

You likely have all those t4c because you were limited by t4b in the past not because of what you are limited by now a different resource which in the future will be some other resource. In the past you sold ta1 now you can sell t4cc, well you can’t sell it but you can let it not go to use same difference. Just be glad you have enough t4cc to rank your new most favorite champion once every few weeks.

What I’m starting to see is people want anarchy in the mcoc....
  • One question when higher ranked guy had t1a like it's nothing did people make complaints about t4cc being a "shortage"? And and i don't kabam made the game for you guys to be able to rank up every champ you get just saying
  • As soon as you get them^
    Where do you get anarchy from that? What we(those who agree with me think would make more sense is a more even distribution of the resources for our gameplay, it's my tendency for OCD which are somewhat the opposite of anarchical tendencies, that makes me question the amount of t1as available in gameplay. Your answer is spend all my glory and technically that is a correct answer but it is clearly what I am and will keep doing, but obviously I would prefer it my bottleneck resource was made more available without spending such a precious resource as glory, I'm not demanding it, just pointing out that there seems a strange imbalance that has made such a simple resource so sought after. As stated kabam have acknowledged it and so I see no further point in this debate, all of you telling us that's it's our problem for planning wrong or being impatient, you are somewhat correct. that doesn't make us happy about the situation hence the reason people are coming to the forum every few days as they notice the bottleneck and starting a conversation about said bottleneck, (search it there are dozens) we would love it if kabam made a few more available, that's common sense. For you to say that it is anarchy is wanting more balance proves yet again that you seem to be just trollbaiting
    Ajar wrote: »
    You get only without the monthly event every 6 days 2 t1a. That means 10 a month. The monthly gives you 4 so that's only 14 t1a a month. That means you cant R3 a 5 star every month.
    The Alliance event rewards are the same since the start. It's like they haven't progressed like the rest of the game that's ****.

Monthly has 5, 6 if you also do normal. But we have a new monthly coming up that may include more.
    Monthly AQ at your level has 6 with 775g per cycle, 9 with 1425g per cycle or 15 with 3750g per cycle. All possible for a top 20 ally.
    Arenas have 3 per month.
    Yes 3 day is 10 a month.
    I’m counting 34 a month at your level with max glory expenditure, 28 if you spend 1425 glory per cycle saving 1300 glory.
    That’s just shy of 3 r3 a month @ 28 a month and you easily have the glory to buy the extra two to round it out.
  • CloserByTomorrowCloserByTomorrow Posts: 145
    edited December 2017
    The typical trolls came out to play for this thread. Everyone knows them as trolls, just ignore them
    @coathanger what do you spend your glory on?
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    There is obviously a shortage. There just is. At least for me! And trust - I take every opportunity to earn more. It's the cost of ranking a 5 star that is causing the imbalance. 5 stars becoming more common - more tier 1s needed. You can't really argue "don't rank up so many champs" cause that's basically saying "don't play the game"
  • CoatHang3r wrote: »

Monthly has 5, 6 if you also do normal. But we have a new monthly coming up that may include more.
    Monthly AQ at your level has 6 with 775g per cycle, 9 with 1425g per cycle or 15 with 3750g per cycle. All possible for a top 20 ally.
    Arenas have 3 per month.
    Yes 3 day is 10 a month.
    I’m counting 34 a month at your level with max glory expenditure, 28 if you spend 1425 glory per cycle saving 1300 glory.
    That’s just shy of 3 r3 a month @ 28 a month and you easily have the glory to buy the extra two to round it out.

Dude nobody in top Ally’s is spending glory on t1a. Maybe in a pinch but not regularly. We shouldn’t have to. We don’t earn enough glory to
    Not spend it all on t2. Personally mostly
    Buy potions with it. But to use it all on t1 is just stupid.
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    @coathanger what do you spend your glory on?
    its a mix right now I bought 1 t2a and have yet to spend the rest of this weeks glory so have 2740 banked after the t2a. But I’ll likely be buying mostly alpha and some t4b as I’ll be putting 8 t4b and 3 t1a into 4* MS which still leaves me alpha and t4c capped with 11/15 in t4b. Hoping I pull a 5* GR to r4 him so I want to have the mats on hand if I do pull him. But with the monthly around the corner gunna need to spend alpha so I’ll prolly r2 guillotine as well.

• CoatHang3r wrote: »
    There are different bottlenecks for each rarity of champion. If you ranked 4s t4b would be the focus for your glory etc. if 5s t1a would be your focus. Comparing apples to oranges here. It’d be like saying I can max a 3* at will it should be the same for 4* and therefore 5*.

Comparing the bottlenecks between rarities is not logical as they are lower value champions meant to be a stepping stone to the next rarity which requires more to rank. It does not matter what more of something is as long as it’s more difficult to match the power level/value.

A t4c alliance can acquire ~30 t1a a month sans special sources of t1a. The problem is they also want to use the materials for t1a on t2a as well so that reduces t1a to ~21 a month, which btw is a faster rate than they can earn 5*. So the whole shortage argument falls apart and they are left with I would like to rank every champion I acquire at will which is not a viable option for a game that is played for acquisition then progression.

Not every 5* they earn is going to be a new one after a period of time so adding regular t1a will eventually lead to surplus of that as well and the next gripe will be t4b which then becomes t4c then t2a then t5b.

All this is further exacerbated by people hoarding 5* shards and acquiring many new champions in a short period of time so expect more complaints as people pop iceman AA GR DV etc in the coming weeks with all the shards they’ve been saving up.

It’s largely individual mismanagement mixed with expectations that exceed reality due to poor planning and being short sighted while using resources effectively to ensure they have the materials needed for the future. And a few players who play the game at a pace that pushes boundary’s, like me but I’ve come to terms with reality and got over the omfg I have r1 5* in my roster and will be adding to them regularly. I’m comfortable with that now as I know that in time I will not be pulling new 5* and will run out if worthy r3s so I can then start pulling up the bottom.

Too long not gunna proof read it.

TL;DR suck it up buttrtcup and push through those growing pains. Look at the math and look at it rationally. You’ll find peace if you do.

no dude your wrong. 5*s are in a crystal that people can buy weekly now. The 10k crystal isn’t the only source of them anymore. They’re being pushed into the game more and more. And t1a isn’t the only resource needed to rank them. But you do need the most of them.
    edited December 2017
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Arenas have 3 per month.
    Yes 3 day is 10 a month.

Dude nobody in top Ally’s is spending glory on t1a. Maybe in a pinch but not regularly. We shouldn’t have to. We don’t earn enough glory to
    Not spend it all on t2. Personally mostly
    Buy potions with it. But to use it all on t1 is just stupid.
    If you are not taking advantage of t1a availability that doesn’t exactly reinforce the belief there is a lack of t1a.

Give me an example of a top ally and show me their expenditures of glory cause all you have offered in that regard is baseless words.

Stoping getting hit or bring someone with heals if you are wasting glory on pots. If you are still getting hit use units for pots which is essentially buying t1a since you cannot just buy t1a with units with any regularity.

But the do not have to use all glory on t1 to regularly rank 3 5s anyways at that level they still have plenty left for pots.
  • RB6942RB6942 Posts: 72
    It all depends on where you are at in the game, if you are on the lower to medium rankings your focus is more so on 4*, if your on the higher end of rankings your focus is more on 5*. So right now the lower to medium rankings don’t understand the issue, they have plenty of alphas...whereas the higher end rankings just can’t get enough alphas.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Really tired of this topic. I used to think it was crazy that people were short on t1 alphas until I started always being short on them. But I don't care. Wish I had as many t1 alphas as there are threads on this topic. There is nothing left to say.