**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Blocked by the CCP

mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
Lol.

I just wanted to login after about a year to see if I get some "welcome back" stuff or anything. Hell, maybe even play a little.

I guess I can't because I live in China, but I'm not a citizen. Without a Chinese ID, I can't play anymore?

Tried to install with a VPN, also no go.

Any workarounds, guys?

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian
    Does it have to be a CN id ?
    If you entered on a Passport, does that have a Passport ID # (I’m sure their govt systems track foreigner ID's such as passport as you enter country).
    Or how about your Drivers License (don’t know if CN has such a thing for their own people like other countries, but if so I assume you need one from your home country in order to drive in other countries).

Or did you try entering such numbers but it says it is “invalid” ?
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★

Does it have to be a CN id ?
    If you entered on a Passport, does that have a Passport ID # (I’m sure their govt systems track foreigner ID's such as passport as you enter country).
    Or how about your Drivers License (don’t know if CN has such a thing for their own people like other countries, but if so I assume you need one from your home country in order to drive in other countries).

Or did you try entering such numbers but it says it is “invalid” ?

Nope. Has to be a Chinese ID number. There's a lot of stuff we can't participate in because we don't have their ID. I've lived here for many years - trust me, it has to be their ID.
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 665 ★★★★
    Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app and then turning on VPN before opening it the first time? Some location data might be stored in the game's cache
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app and then turning on VPN before opening it the first time? Some location data might be stored in the game's cache

May also need to change your payment method in Google Play or iOS equivalent and change regions to do this.

I also live in China at the moment. I encountered this as well, I managed to get around it for now by changing my VPN location from the one I was using (Japan) to a Los Angeles server. See if that works.
    What VPN are you using by the way?

Indeed. I was thinking something similar. It's weird, though, the android phone I'm using kicks off the VPN when I'm installing. It's like the local play store won't deal with the xapk file or something.

Did you install through play store or download the xapk?

I'm using astrill.

So, I got in by ur method @SanDiegoFontaine , got 5* and 6* nexus crystals....pulled total trash.... deleted the game again and I'm good. I appreciated ur input.

MCOC reaffirming why it's a F2P graveyard of a game.
  • Hello...
    I have the same problem since I am in China.
    Is there any way to get the ID?
    Were you able to solve the problem @mydnight ?

Regards.