**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam - Please change buff focus

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
edited July 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
I get if some champions need smaller descriptions to keep new player from getting too disoriented. But then just leave older champions the same until newer ones get buffed!!

There are many champions made recently in need of buffs.

For example:
Super Scroll
Psycho-Man
Nova
Air walker

Just to name a few. If the buff program wants to update animations for old champions then that’s great, but don’t let it be an excuse for lackluster buffs.

There was a time when four buffs came out a month. I thought the reason that number was reduced was because the champs that got buffs would be higher quality. I’m extremely disappointed this program and hope it changes for the better in the coming months.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The buff program might as well not exist if this is what it is going to be.
  • SidghhSidghh Posts: 33
    All 4 of those champs are good. Don't think that everyone should be a God tier champ. Plus physco man was buffed.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    The Storm buff was great. More like that please.
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Sidghh said:

All 4 of those champs are good. Don't think that everyone should be a God tier champ. Plus physco man was buffed.

psycho man was buffed yes but what improvement did it make to his kit. He is still the same
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Sidghh said:

Unless a character has ridiculous damage or utility it's almost impossible for it to impress players in the mid - late game. If they aren't god tier they'll just get lost in the shuffle since a lot of players will have better options available.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    Nah bro Psycho-Man and Air-Walker are awesome. I have both at r3.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Krishna24 said:

Sidghh said:

psycho man was buffed yes but what improvement did it make to his kit. He is still the same
    About the same difference that Jane foster buff made on her.
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Sidghh said:

No-one said every champ needs to be god tier, but for example nova and JF buffs are meaningless, nothing changed on the champion kit they're exactly the same
  • Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 181
    The problem with this is that many Champs that have been buffed may be a little different later on, but not better. Of course, not every champ can be a high-end champ, but every champ still needs a niche that he occupies and thus has an application in a game area. Unfortunately, this is often not the case. Who would seriously call Psyco Man or a post-update Deadpool a serious option for the Rooster? The kit is not sufficient, the damage is insufficient and ultimately these champs are not really usable even after the buff. With 4 buffs a month there was always a good one or two. Now you get one and it's not even really helpful then. There are also dozens of old champs like Groot, Drax, Karmala, Ant - Man, Superior Iron, etc. that you can't use anyway. The system of how to buff champs should be fundamentally reconsidered.

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I actually don’t want any of the champions I like to get buffed.

Daredevil classic, iron fist, night crawler, black bolt, Loki and dr strange. These are all some of my favourite characters, I actually just don’t want them to be subject to this new buff program because I know it’s going to take them from bad to slightly less bad. And then they’ll be less likely to get buffs in the future. I’d rather them be left alone until a successful buff program can be initiated where it actually provides meaningful buffs.

What sort of a buff program is it where you hope they don’t pick your favourite champions?
    Sidghh said:

Don't think that everyone should be a God tier champ.

Where has anyone ever in the history of the forum said that seriously?

That’s not a rhetorical question. Please, show me.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Sidghh said:

I swear that's like a talking point people bring up for no reason wherever anybody isn't jumping up and down with excitement about these buffs

Sidghh said:

I swear that's like a talking point people bring up for no reason wherever anybody isn't jumping up and down with excitement about these buffs
    It’s the easiest deflection that people can use without having to engage their brain too much.

When 7 or 8 buffs in a row are pretty lacklustre, and the forum says “these aren’t great, could we have a good buff soon?” Nobody is saying can every single one of those buffs be OP. It’s more like we are asking for at least 1 of those buffs to be useful for an endgame player.

To suggest that we are asking for every champion to be OP is silly at best, and dishonest at worst.
  • Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
    They should just look at the champs which are the oldest. 2014-2015 champs and maybe 2016.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Badass84 said:

They should just look at the champs which are the oldest. 2014-2015 champs and maybe 2016.

I’d agree if they changed their design philosophy. But it seems the biggest excuse right now is to keep champions simple for beginners.

(Not a big fan because new summoners get three stars very fast, probably even from the first day of playing. And these draw from an unlimited pool of Champions.)

But it they buff newer champions Kabam loses that excuse.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

Nah bro Psycho-Man and Air-Walker are awesome. I have both at r3.

Air-Walker I’d say is the most promising out of those four. If I were to change him I’d change the ramp up so you can achieve max charge in one fight and some charge will persist after the fight almost like Hercules.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Badass84 said:

I’d agree if they changed their design philosophy. But it seems the biggest excuse right now is to keep champions simple for beginners.

(Not a big fan because new summoners get three stars very fast, probably even from the first day of playing. And these draw from an unlimited pool of Champions.)

But it they buff newer champions Kabam loses that excuse.
    I never get the new player ease of use excuse. A new player is going to use any champion in the same exact way, mlllm, mlllm, sp1, repeat. It’s not like making beginner friendly abilities makes a huge difference. I guess storm is actually one that can do really nice damage with what I listed above.
  • MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 ★★★★
    Yeah Kabam! Focus your buff focus on to me!