**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Shortage of gold.

2»

Comments

• H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

Yup way too little gold and way way way way way way too many t5cc.

Let me fix that for you.
  • JC_MCOCJC_MCOC Posts: 8
    Gold situation in game is DIRE.
  • BzeeBzee Posts: 258 ★★
    ChriissR said:

There absolutely is a shortage of Gold in this game. If you grind arena for 5 hours a day and have tons of gold, doesn't mean there isn't a shortage lol

The fact that Paragon deals gave like 1m Gold is laughable. It cost almost 1M gold just from 1-25. The ISO gained is also a joke which makes it harder to make Gold from selling ISO. Massive shortages.

Well put
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    ChriissR said:

There absolutely is a shortage of Gold in this game. If you grind arena for 5 hours a day and have tons of gold, doesn't mean there isn't a shortage lol.

What if you hate arena and don't grind it, but still have never been low on gold for years, even though you used to trade gold for chips back in the days of alliance treasuries, and you have used gold to run AQ ever since alliance tickets came out including map 8, and you still have almost 54 million gold? Is there still a shortage then? This might sound crazy, but possibly the issue is resource management?

• Chrismmm00Chrismmm00 Posts: 12
    I just Popped a 6* and Duped a champion and received 1,163 Gold.. I said to myself wow that’s pretty low.. Anyway I popped a 4* and received the Same Amount.. wtf… that has to be an Error right?!? Are we really receiving the same amount of gold for duping a six star as we do for a four star?
    Can someone answer this please
    Example

I just Popped a 6* and Duped a champion and received 1,163 Gold.. I said to myself wow that’s pretty low.. Anyway I popped a 4* and received the Same Amount.. wtf… that has to be an Error right?!? Are we really receiving the same amount of gold for duping a six star as we do for a four star?
    Can someone answer this please

Honestly speaking, all this time opening the champion crystals i never knew they give us gold too. Thanks for bringing this into notice LoL
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    The_Chump said:

Though I have no directproof, in my experience shards and catalysts are earned in a similar fashion to what its always been. More iso is required for leveling up, but we do get more iso in general because we get more 4* and 5* shards in general, though it probably doesnt completely offset the 6* level up costs. Gold, however is not really being offset anywhere.

Actually, you didn't account for one of the largest sources of gold. It is actually often the single *largest* source of gold for me, and I have a gajillion gold. You mention it, but you don't mention the gold opportunity associated with it: selling ISO.

Compared to times past, the game oozes lower tier champ crystals, especially 4* and 5* shards and crystals. Duplicating champs generates a lot of ISO, and that ISO directly translates into gold. Since the largest gold expense people have is leveling up champs, gold and ISO get spent together most of the time. Thus, whenever you have lots of ISO and not enough gold, you can always sell ISO for gold to even those resources out. No one should have tons of ISO and no gold. That's silly. Everyone with a gold crunch should also have an ISO crunch simultaneously, because those resources are almost interchangeable.

In addition, dual class crystals make it much easier for players to match ISO class, by opening crystals at a time when the probability of getting the classes they need is higher. This is an opportunity that did not exist in the past, and using correct class ISO significantly reduces the gold costs of level up.

I do grind a lot of arena, but for the most part I do not grind as much as I used to back in the day. And yet even with the much higher volume of rank ups and the higher rarity of rank ups I do now, I still continue to earn way more gold than I can spend. Since my gold earning activity has gone downward but my expenditure of gold has gone upward, and yet I am still continuing to increase my gold stash, the logical conclusion is that the game is in fact scaling up the availability of gold to at least meet if not exceed the higher rank up costs.

This comes from a wide range of sources across the game, between higher volume of champion duplication, duplicating higher ranks of champs that generate more ISO, and the 30% gold boost to the game, plus all the smaller but cumulative changes to the gold supply in different content. The difference is enough to completely offset the fact I spend more than before and do less to get it than before, so the increase has more than made up for the higher rank up costs so far. At least at my activity level, which encompasses a wide range of the game. Is it possible someone who sees and does less of the game could be earning less? Sure. But then that wouldn't be a problem with "the game" not keeping up but with the player's decisions over which parts of the game to interact with and for how much.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Everytime there’s a major sale or content being released, gold tends to become an issue for alot of people because the new content suddenly throws off their equilibrium.

Ranking sprees throws people off.
  • Skywalker3221Skywalker3221 Posts: 156 ★★
    Arena + incursions + selective rank ups and selling iso for gold. I have 13 mil gold and don’t do anything special. Just opened 2 mil gold from arena crystals from just the last 3 months.
    DNA3000 said:

The_Chump said:

Though I have no directproof, in my experience shards and catalysts are earned in a similar fashion to what its always been. More iso is required for leveling up, but we do get more iso in general because we get more 4* and 5* shards in general, though it probably doesnt completely offset the 6* level up costs. Gold, however is not really being offset anywhere.

Actually, you didn't account for one of the largest sources of gold. It is actually often the single *largest* source of gold for me, and I have a gajillion gold. You mention it, but you don't mention the gold opportunity associated with it: selling ISO.

Compared to times past, the game oozes lower tier champ crystals, especially 4* and 5* shards and crystals. Duplicating champs generates a lot of ISO, and that ISO directly translates into gold. Since the largest gold expense people have is leveling up champs, gold and ISO get spent together most of the time. Thus, whenever you have lots of ISO and not enough gold, you can always sell ISO for gold to even those resources out. No one should have tons of ISO and no gold. That's silly. Everyone with a gold crunch should also have an ISO crunch simultaneously, because those resources are almost interchangeable.

In addition, dual class crystals make it much easier for players to match ISO class, by opening crystals at a time when the probability of getting the classes they need is higher. This is an opportunity that did not exist in the past, and using correct class ISO significantly reduces the gold costs of level up.

I do grind a lot of arena, but for the most part I do not grind as much as I used to back in the day. And yet even with the much higher volume of rank ups and the higher rarity of rank ups I do now, I still continue to earn way more gold than I can spend. Since my gold earning activity has gone downward but my expenditure of gold has gone upward, and yet I am still continuing to increase my gold stash, the logical conclusion is that the game is in fact scaling up the availability of gold to at least meet if not exceed the higher rank up costs.

This comes from a wide range of sources across the game, between higher volume of champion duplication, duplicating higher ranks of champs that generate more ISO, and the 30% gold boost to the game, plus all the smaller but cumulative changes to the gold supply in different content. The difference is enough to completely offset the fact I spend more than before and do less to get it than before, so the increase has more than made up for the higher rank up costs so far. At least at my activity level, which encompasses a wide range of the game. Is it possible someone who sees and does less of the game could be earning less? Sure. But then that wouldn't be a problem with "the game" not keeping up but with the player's decisions over which parts of the game to interact with and for how much.
    People have Jobs/careers we don’t have time to do everything listed here. Plus if you did have time and didnt work or go to school. There isn’t enough time in the day to do everything. Especially with all the glitches in the game currently not to mention the game crashing after every 45 minutes of consistent gameplay.. Gold should be available equally as are the rest of the resources
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

The_Chump said:

People have Jobs/careers we don’t have time to do everything listed here. Plus if you did have time and didnt work or go to school. There isn’t enough time in the day to do everything. Especially with all the glitches in the game currently not to mention the game crashing after every 45 minutes of consistent gameplay.. Gold should be available equally as are the rest of the resources
    Gold is available equally. You put in the time and you get the equal amount. You don’t get the same as everyone else for doing less.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Wish I had that problem maybe I have 55 million gold because for every solid champ worth ranking up I pull 5-6 dupes of trash or new trash.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

The_Chump said:

You’re assuming that everyone who grinds arena doesn’t work or go to school. I can tell you that’s a ridiculous assumption.

You’re right, gold should be equally available as the rest of the resources, and it is. You’re just willing to spend time in quests/AQ/AW to get the other resources and not willing to spend time in arenas to get gold.
  • ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike any update on new ways to get us some more gold
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

DNA3000 said:

The_Chump said:

You’re assuming that everyone who grinds arena doesn’t work or go to school. I can tell you that’s a ridiculous assumption.

You’re right, gold should be equally available as the rest of the resources, and it is. You’re just willing to spend time in quests/AQ/AW to get the other resources and not willing to spend time in arenas to get gold.
    For that matter, changes have been made where the Arena isn't the only source anymore. It's just a matter of managing it properly.
  • ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    Bump
    Still waiting for uc gold crystal to be available in the glory/loyalty store