**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summoner resort already a cash grab?

De_Potato_SaladDe_Potato_Salad Posts: 471 ★★★
edited July 2022 in General Discussion

Am I led to believe that this means if we want the extra resort pass we have to purchase THREE summoner resort passes, one for each 33 day event?!

Comments

• De_Potato_SaladDe_Potato_Salad Posts: 471 ★★★

Last year it was $25 for the pass for the whole event. This time is $30 total so it's not THAT bad

Oh wait fr? I thought that it was like half that price. That’s my bad then yeah this isn’t too bad. Damn can’t even remove this now 🤣
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    And you do not have to have the pass. There are basically 2 objectives. One is 100% free. The other costs 9.99.

So in other words, you pay 9.99 to get double rewards, or don’t pay and get the rewards for free. Definitely not a cash grab

you never 'have' to purchase anything...

I said “If”.
    _Pez_ said:

Last year I'm sure it was £15 for the 90 days, now it's £30 for the 90 days. Actually liked last year's and thought it good value but seems a bit much to double the price

That’s what I’m talking about. It seems like they’ve just broken it up to milk some extra cash.
  • PGK88PGK88 Posts: 84
    edited July 2022
    _Pez_ said:

Last year I'm sure it was £15 for the 90 days, now it's £30 for the 90 days. Actually liked last year's and thought it good value but seems a bit much to double the price

I think this pass is valid for 33 days. Would be great if someone from Kabam could clarify.
    PGK88 said:

_Pez_ said:

I think this pass is valid for 33 days. Would be great if someone from Kabam could clarify.
    Upon reading the description it says “CURRENT” solo event. So only 30 odd days.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    It was £19.99 last year in the UK. It's definitely more expensive this time around, but then, what isn't?
  • Shamanriver77Shamanriver77 Posts: 79
    _Pez_ said:

It was better value for everyone last year ftp and ptp.

Hey there, just to confirm, each of the three separate 33-day events will have a separate resort pass, though the price of each pass is reduced from last year. It is structured this way for the same reasons we restructured the base event into three separate events, namely, to try and make things a bit easier on anyone who might might miss out on some days. The structure allows players to decide for themselves when the Resort Passes are most worth it for them, in case they know ahead of time that they may miss some days and makes it so that missing days during one of the events doesn't hinder progress in any of the others. This also allows us to take some of the rewards that would've only shown up at the end of last year's event and split them up between the three events this year, so you can get at some of them a little sooner.

I mean hey if that’s the case then fair play.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit how is this a quality of life improvement? This is 2 steps back from past summer events. And we are not getting the red 1 number when it’s completed so it’s same issue as last year where people are going to miss that they completed it. Can we get that fixed please asap
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    If Kabam really wanted to cash grab this event, you’ll see a full T6b and t3a needing 6 tokens in total, with the pass being sold at $35-$40usd. 😂
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Are the rewards gonna be the same for the next two summoner events? @Kabam Zibiit
    I’d hate to spend now and find out on the third iteration there’s a 6* awakening gem
    We need transparency on this
  • _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 214 ★★★
    I don't think it's a cash grab at all, just a shame it's not as good value, the pass covering the 90 day period last year was a lot cheaper than these 3 passes. Unlike a lot of people was actually looking forward to this event as I thought the paid part was actually great value last time. Hey the value might be alright this time even but not sure the price rise is justified.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Jh_Dez said:

Are the rewards gonna be the same for the next two summoner events? @Kabam Zibiit
    I’d hate to spend now and find out on the third iteration there’s a 6* awakening gem
    We need transparency on this

If you read his response..no..they will not be the same

Hey there, to confirm, each of the three separate 33-day events will have a separate resort pass, though the price of each pass is reduced from last year. It is structured this way for the same reasons we restructured the base event into three separate events to try and make things a bit easier on anyone who might miss out on some days. The structure allows players to decide for themselves when the Resort Passes are most worth it for them, in case they know ahead of time that they may miss some days and makes it so that missing days during one of the events doesn't hinder progress in any of the others. This also allows us to take some of the rewards that would've only shown up at the end of last year's event and split them up between the three events this year so that you can get at some of them a little sooner.

So a player has to buy the resort pass 3 times?
    .......yes.....
  • Skiddy212 said:

Hey there, to confirm, each of the three separate 33-day events will have a separate resort pass, though the price of each pass is reduced from last year. It is structured this way for the same reasons we restructured the base event into three separate events to try and make things a bit easier on anyone who might miss out on some days. The structure allows players to decide for themselves when the Resort Passes are most worth it for them, in case they know ahead of time that they may miss some days and makes it so that missing days during one of the events doesn't hinder progress in any of the others. This also allows us to take some of the rewards that would've only shown up at the end of last year's event and split them up between the three events this year so that you can get at some of them a little sooner.

.......yes.....
    How the heck do we know which one will have the best return?
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    That’s a shame, I haven’t spent since last years resort pass (£15 for the whole event) so was going to buy it this year, But I can’t justify spending 2/3 the cost of last year for something that only lasts 1/3 of the time

Skiddy212 said:

.......yes.....
    How the heck do we know which one will have the best return?
    All the "final" rewards are being split up amongest the 3 33 day events. I would assume its even to a point, but don't trust my assumptions.

Its a gamble, just like the crystal rng. Frankly, I will probably be spending on the pass, i like what i see. Next 33 day event? We'll see. Can't really predict