**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

kabam-real money offers should be the same for all progression levels

Swartzy84Swartzy84 Posts: 81
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
how long do U think this scam is going to work Kabam... our real money should have the same value...stop this nonsense...we understand your ingame offers, but you seem disconnected from the entire community... summoner appreciation event should be about US, who love & play this game even if U keep ruining it with each update...U took out the fun out of it... congrats...I think U want to kill this game like ROL😵😵😵
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Swartzy84Swartzy84 Posts: 81
    It's kind of to late for this progresion BS... when U think ppl whaled out on the gifting event for 2 years now... can't understand what you are talking about...this event should give to all the same items, just for logging in... period...it's summoner appreciation...not wallet breaker/TB/Cavalier milking month
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    i dont think you understand the concept of tier purchases to progression ratio.
    why would someone who has been playing for 2 months and rank conqueror get the same sells as someone who has played for 2+ years and TB or paragon? thats like buying a fast pass at an amusement park but then everyone gets to use that line with a general admission ticket.... thats just not how it works...
    would you like me to simplify it using monkeys and bananas? xD

• FlippFlipp Posts: 48
    It makes sense to scale rewards with title in-game. Part of achieving those levels be it skill or via spending is reaping the benefits. I became cavalier within a week of it going live and benefited from that status. But have been mostly to semi retired for some time now and haven’t had much interest in reaching thronebreaker and understand I won’t get the same rewards or offers as those who have progressed beyond. It is what it is. If you want those offers and rewards you need to be at that level.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Swartzy84 said:

It's kind of to late for this progresion BS... when U think ppl whaled out on the gifting event for 2 years now... can't understand what you are talking about...this event should give to all the same items, just for logging in... period...it's summoner appreciation...not wallet breaker/TB/Cavalier milking month

U getting more than what they provided last year..
    Spending money gives u a bonus
  • OldManSkreddyOldManSkreddy Posts: 51

You know how ridiculously unbalanced the game would be if a level 6 account could just get 6 star Nexus crystals at the start of the game?

I don’t see why this matters, they’d still need skills to advance in the different game modes.

Agree that money deals should be available across the board, and will say that knowing the company is selling me less valuable stuff for the same amount of money made me not want to spend when I would have otherwise.

Now it probably wouldn’t bother me if the same deals were across the board but some of the higher level ones were gated by progression (ie the $50 deal is the same for all, but cavs can’t access the $100 deal and thronebreakers can’t buy the $300 superwhale package.)

To make a comparison, I don’t mind that there are $150,000 cars whose features I can’t even begin to appreciate when a $30k sedan meets my needs. What would bother me is if a dealer sold me a lesser car for $150,000 and a better car to someone else for the same amount of money.
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 694 ★★★
    Capitalism, baby. It makes the world go round and prevents society from screeching to a standstill. Don’t like what they’re selling? Take your hard earned dough to another vendor.
    edited July 2022

First, your really saying it wouldn't make a difference if a level 6 player could easily get 6 star Nexuses as they'd still need still but the exact opposite is true. If a low players gets too op champs too quick (happens from ggc at times) they almost always just muscle through with that top champ through first 4 - 5 act without learning how to actually play the game then grow extremely upset and frustrated when they learn they just suck at the game when they can't finish act 5 because they never learned how to play.

If someone wants to spend hundreds of dollars I think that should be their prerogative!

If this is really a problem some resources for obtaining or leveling or ranking champs could only be obtainable through gameplay (whether champion crystals, catalysts, ISO, gold, etc.)

And the car metaphor is a little silly, I’m sure you could imagine any product made available at different prices if you don’t like that example. People spend more on this game chasing a single character than I’ve spent on most cars I’ve had in my life.

This thread is about the value proposition in the game and while in absolute terms I think the deals are a bad value compared to what you get in consoles or other things you might buy in life, the relative value where they are selling beginning or even fairly advanced players straight up garbage for hundreds of dollars is pretty demotivating.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,480 Guardian

First, your really saying it wouldn't make a difference if a level 6 player could easily get 6 star Nexuses as they'd still need still but the exact opposite is true. If a low players gets too op champs too quick (happens from ggc at times) they almost always just muscle through with that top champ through first 4 - 5 act without learning how to actually play the game then grow extremely upset and frustrated when they learn they just suck at the game when they can't finish act 5 because they never learned how to play.

If someone wants to spend hundreds of dollars I think that should be their prerogative!

If this is really a problem some resources for obtaining or leveling or ranking champs could only be obtainable through gameplay (whether champion crystals, catalysts, ISO, gold, etc.)

And the car metaphor is a little silly, I’m sure you could imagine any product made available at different prices if you don’t like that example. People spend more on this game chasing a single character than I’ve spent on most cars I’ve had in my life.

This thread is about the value proposition in the game and while in absolute terms I think the deals are a bad value compared to what you get in consoles or other things you might buy in life, the relative value where they are selling beginning or even fairly advanced players straight up garbage for hundreds of dollars is pretty demotivating.
    Anyway, doesn't matter, it's not going to change because it would mean they would have to water down the deals for the top players where the main whales are which would destroy their profits. If you don't like the deals or don't think they are fair, just don't get them, it's pretty simple.
    This is actually the main reason kabam started doing peak milestones and tiered offers in the first place was because they had to water everything down to not make it too OP for the lower end people. Summoner advancement used to be nightmarish due to all the good rewards being in the ranked milestones. Kabam has a good system in place now and most all games have the same system too.

Anyway, doesn't matter, it's not going to change because it would mean they would have to water down the deals for the top players where the main whales are which would destroy their profits. If you don't like the deals or don't think they are fair, just don't get them, it's pretty simple.

It literally does not mean that they would have to water down the most expensive deals.

You can pretend that’s true, and it may be that there’s research that treating most of your customers with disrespect maximizes profit in some way (though the guaranteed 5* in the new champion bundles makes me think Kabam is becoming aware that this isn’t the case), and maybe you’re right that it will never happen. But normal businesses sell products for the same price and Kabam could – and should – as well.
  • ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 400 ★★★
    I thought the title was a joke
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    This guy must be on something.

As many have stated why would someone who has 0 stars and barely any 5 stars need with t6b? They barely even need t5b.

Everything is offered in progression. Like your job, why would a level 1 be offered the salary of someone who is a level 5 executive? That level 1 needs to gain experience, network, take trainings to get to the next level and pay grade. Once you’ve got 20+ years of experience, the degree, the network and you’re ready you’ll get to that level 5 pay grade.

Same with the progression offers. If someone with a new account got the same things I get with a 7+ year ago I wouldn’t be playing this game anymore.
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 382 ★★
    That's the way they make money, bro.
    I think you have a point there but...

you know, life is cruel, they just satisfy the desire at a certain level, won't make you feel like, "oh, that's too much", a way that makes you feel..."thirsty" 😌
  • PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    If that happened progression level won't matter.

As many have stated why would someone who has 0 stars and barely any 5 stars need with t6b? They barely even need t5b.

Then they also don’t need to spend $500+ on these materials. If they do spend $500 they should get what that money is worth in the game economy.

Your analogy doesn’t work; it should be that the janitor should have to pay more for food than the CEO
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I see it this way:

Does the offer you are being given benefit you at the level you are at? Does it help you advance from one tier toward another?

If yes, then it's a good offer. You can argue whether the offer is worth the money it costs, but it's a good offer within the framework of the game. It does what it's supposed to do, which is to help you progress in the game.

If no, then it's a bad offer. It's pointless to argue whether it's worth the money it costs because it doesn't do what it's supposed to do, which is to help you progress.

Now, let's change the offers up a bit in order to clarify what I mean. A low-level player can use 6* shards to brute-force their way through the game (which I learned on my lvl 40 alt account when I pulled 6* Thanos from a Greater Gifting Crystal last year). So let's take them out. Let's take out all nexus crystals and shards, and just focus on rank-up resources. Would a Proven feel better about an offer if it was just Paragon rank-up resources? Basically just t6b and t3a and no resources to get you to a point where they are actually useful to you? I suspect they wouldn't exactly whale out for those types of offers. It wouldn't matter how objectively good those offers were at the Paragon level - they just aren't good to Proven players. There wouldn't be a point for Proven players to buy all of those offers because they can't use those resources until they've progressed further - and that's what the current offers are meant to help you do.

We actually had that very problem in Summer of Pain last year. At some point, the increased rewards each tier basically just gave out more t4 resources, which was pointless to newer Thronebreaker players who had just r3'd their first 6* champion. At that point, I almost felt like bowing out of the event since I didn't see the point in using actually useful resources to only get a sliver more of a type of resources I couldn't use for what turned out to be another year.

Giving out too much high-level stuff at the expense of useful-level stuff is bad.

Now, obviously there were 6* shards and nexus crystals within those offers because Paragon players still need new champions, and I get that those might be enticing to lower-end players. As a Thronebreaker, I can definitely say that the Paragon offers were enticing to me (although more for the r4 resources than any additional shards/crystals), so I absolutely get the feeling even if I don't think anyone but Paragon players should have been able to buy that offer.

Furthermore, I also get that the Cavalier offers (I don't know how they looked at even lower levels) were pretty meh. They seemed geared more toward propelling lower-end Cavs through Act 6/toward the Grandmaster rather than for higher-end Cavs who might have already beaten him and now only need to r3 a 6* champion. In other words, I think they seemed to be bad offers. That is something I definitely think can be discussed and criticized, but it doesn't mean that tiered offers are a bad system.

As for different things costing the same thing, well, that's because they are valued differently by different players. The only other option would be to have the same offer at wildly different price levels. A Cavalier player will look at a 6* Nexus and be ready to pay X amount of money, while a Paragon player will look at the same 6* Nexus and be ready to pay the significantly-less Y amount of money. A single Nexus crystal is not worth nearly the same to someone who has opened a significant number of them as it is to someone who might never have opened one (of that rarity) before. So if you somehow made a 6* Nexus deal for Cavalier players, it would have to cost significantly less for Paragon players if you want the latter group to actually cough up any money for it. If you want the latter group to cough up a lot of money (and I think we can all agree that most salary-paying whales in this game are most likely in the very highest progression bracket), that would put you in a really tricky spot.
    Ercarret said:

Does the offer you are being given benefit you at the level you are at? Does it help you advance from one tier toward another?

If yes, then it's a good offer. You can argue whether the offer is worth the money it costs, but it's a good offer within the framework of the game. It does what it's supposed to do, which is to help you progress in the game.

As for different things costing the same thing, well, that's because they are valued differently by different players. The only other option would be to have the same offer at wildly different price levels. A Cavalier player will look at a 6* Nexus and be ready to pay X amount of money, while a Paragon player will look at the same 6* Nexus and be ready to pay the significantly-less Y amount of money. A single Nexus crystal is not worth nearly the same to someone who has opened a significant number of them as it is to someone who might never have opened one (of that rarity) before. So if you somehow made a 6* Nexus deal for Cavalier players, it would have to cost significantly less for Paragon players if you want the latter group to actually cough up any money for it. If you want the latter group to cough up a lot of money (and I think we can all agree that most salary-paying whales in this game are most likely in the very highest progression bracket), that would put you in a really tricky spot.

I don’t think anyone would be bothered by offering different things at the same price point across the board. Some deals let you choose between crystals and catalysts, for example, and if someone felt that 4-star materials were worth $100 and that the $100 6-star R4 catalysts weren’t relevant to them, then let them buy the stuff they want.

The 6-star rank 4 gem for paragon players required that they spend 18000 units – or $600 – to get. Only the most hardcore spenders would pay that, and a small fraction of the player base can even make use of it. But telling players who can use it that their $600 isn’t going to get that, that they get significantly less for their money, is obviously going to grind them.
    It’s true that whales are willing to spend much more money for much better things and I think that trying to make a day one player pay $100 for garbage and simultaneously get mega whales to buy $10 unit packs leads to this crazy system that disrespects the vast majority of players and probably costs Kabam a ton of money. It’s cost them a bunch of my money, even when I’ve had money to spend on the game I’ve felt like I was being ripped off.

Having one type of resource gated behind massive spending, one behind progression level, and another behind competitive high end gameplay could give the company all the control this crazy system purports to offer without selling a substandard product at a premium price to most players. Saying the deals will have crystals and catalysts and gold and awakening gems but then preventing people from getting the deal they want at the price the company is willing to sell it is bad business.
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Yeah sure mate, let's give a 6* and some rankup gems to someone playing act 2 so he can steamroll every content until he gets stuck in act 5 because he didn't have to learn any of the game mechanics

Yeah sure mate, let's give a 6* and some rankup gems to someone playing act 2 so he can steamroll every content until he gets stuck in act 5 because he didn't have to learn any of the game mechanics

Who cares if someone steamrolls content in a game they paid a hundred bucks to play if they want to? Is that such a shocking possibility that you’re going to defend ripping 98% of the players off?
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    @OldManSkreddy why are you still arguing on this. Almost no one agrees with you, what you are asking for is unrealistic based on how the game is setup, and there is zero chance of it happening as it would greatly damage the game (and kabams profits). Maybe you just like getting flooded with disagrees, if that's the case, keep on posting I guess.
This discussion has been closed.