**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

kabam-real money offers should be the same for all progression levels

2»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★

It’s true that whales are willing to spend much more money for much better things and I think that trying to make a day one player pay $100 for garbage and simultaneously get mega whales to buy $10 unit packs leads to this crazy system that disrespects the vast majority of players and probably costs Kabam a ton of money. It’s cost them a bunch of my money, even when I’ve had money to spend on the game I’ve felt like I was being ripped off.

Having one type of resource gated behind massive spending, one behind progression level, and another behind competitive high end gameplay could give the company all the control this crazy system purports to offer without selling a substandard product at a premium price to most players. Saying the deals will have crystals and catalysts and gold and awakening gems but then preventing people from getting the deal they want at the price the company is willing to sell it is bad business.

It's been a minute since I've seen anyone die on a hill as pointless as this one. It's pretty insane how much you've defended your position when you have been entirely wrong.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,761 ★★★★★

You know how ridiculously unbalanced the game would be if a level 6 account could just get 6 star Nexus crystals at the start of the game?

I don’t see why this matters, they’d still need skills to advance in the different game modes.

Agree that money deals should be available across the board, and will say that knowing the company is selling me less valuable stuff for the same amount of money made me not want to spend when I would have otherwise.

Now it probably wouldn’t bother me if the same deals were across the board but some of the higher level ones were gated by progression (ie the $50 deal is the same for all, but cavs can’t access the $100 deal and thronebreakers can’t buy the $300 superwhale package.)

To make a comparison, I don’t mind that there are $150,000 cars whose features I can’t even begin to appreciate when a $30k sedan meets my needs. What would bother me is if a dealer sold me a lesser car for $150,000 and a better car to someone else for the same amount of money.

Thing is, you’re not wrong in principle, but your argument is missing a lot of context. @OldManSkreddy

This is a game economy we’re talking about, and offering the same deals across progression levels is just going to break the game economy.

It’s as if to say, I am a white belt and sign up to a Dojo for $50 and demand to join the black belts. I’m just going to get my a$$ kicked. In this case, Kabam is the dojo and they give me what I need to become a black belt. They don’t charge me less just because I’m less skilled.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

As many have stated why would someone who has 0 stars and barely any 5 stars need with t6b? They barely even need t5b.

Then they also don’t need to spend $500+ on these materials. If they do spend $500 they should get what that money is worth in the game economy.

Your analogy doesn’t work; it should be that the janitor should have to pay more for food than the CEO
    What? The difference is your analogy of food is way off. This is a video game you CHOSE to play and CHOSE to spend on. Food is a necessity this is a luxury. So your analogy is terrible
  • OldManSkreddyOldManSkreddy Posts: 51

As many have stated why would someone who has 0 stars and barely any 5 stars need with t6b? They barely even need t5b.

Then they also don’t need to spend $500+ on these materials. If they do spend $500 they should get what that money is worth in the game economy.

Your analogy doesn’t work; it should be that the janitor should have to pay more for food than the CEO
    What? The difference is your analogy of food is way off. This is a video game you CHOSE to play and CHOSE to spend on. Food is a necessity this is a luxury. So your analogy is terrible
    Fine, if a rank 4 gem is worth $600 then anyone willing to spend $600 should be able to get one.

Some people just aren’t built for analogies 🤷🏼‍♀️

@OldManSkreddy why are you still arguing on this. Almost no one agrees with you, what you are asking for is unrealistic based on how the game is setup, and there is zero chance of it happening as it would greatly damage the game (and kabams profits). Maybe you just like getting flooded with disagrees, if that's the case, keep on posting I guess.

It’s like I’m in a room with 4 grounded wisdoms, who are coughing up extremely absurd pro-Kabam / anti-player takes.

Anyway I think the arguments being made are mostly in extreme bad faith (you can get to cavalier inside of a week or two these days, whingeing about level 6 players steamrolling content is extremely obtuse) and having many customers spending a little seems like a better business to be in than having a few customers spending a ton. Keep fighting for your right to be cheated I guess.
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    Swartzy84 said:

how long do U think this scam is going to work Kabam... our real money should have the same value...stop this nonsense...we understand your ingame offers, but you seem disconnected from the entire community... summoner appreciation event should be about US, who love & play this game even if U keep ruining it with each update...U took out the fun out of it... congrats...I think U want to kill this game like ROL😵😵😵

No??

This would be like if i gave all my math classes the same tests, regardless of what class it is.

That’s a real thing schools do. Do they not do standardized tests where you are?

Also, lots of examples of retail businesses selling goods for consistent prices to their customers, feel like that’s a pretty good model
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022

Fine, if a rank 4 gem is worth $600 then anyone willing to spend $600 should be able to get one.

Some people just aren’t built for analogies 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Is this whole nonstop thing about the r4 6* gem, it's only example I've seen you say about your nonstop accusations of different items for the same money. If this is what you are talking about, your making yourself look even worse than you already do.

The r4 6* item was a unit offer and was NOT purchasable in cash offers. Nor was cash needed to get units to get this. Everyone who plays this game for any length of time knows when to hoard and grind units before the big deals. I got the 18k units deals from black friday to include the r4 gem without spending a single penny.

If this is your example just quit now already. This r4 gem didn't even cost me a penny so your $600 off on what the cost of it was. At this point it's pretty clear your just bitter and your argument has no decent sustainable point.

I've clearly put more effort into the game than you and/or been playing longer. How unrealistically entitled are you to think you deserve the exact same rewards as me?
    edited July 2022

I've clearly put more effort into the game than you and/or been playing longer. How unrealistically entitled are you to think you deserve the exact same rewards as me?

If you think products you buy for money are “rewards” you “deserve” then you’re the one who’s entitled.

It’s perfectly appropriate to gatekeep rewards behind competitive game modes, luck of the draw crystals, skill based challenges, whatever. If your alliance is #1 in war you can act like you earned your rewards because you did. But giving half (or less) the value in crystals and catalysts to some players than the whales is some BS.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★

If you think products you buy for money are “rewards” you “deserve” then you’re the one who’s entitled.

It’s perfectly appropriate to gatekeep rewards behind competitive game modes, luck of the draw crystals, skill based challenges, whatever. If your alliance is #1 in war you can act like you earned your rewards because you did. But giving half (or less) the value in crystals and catalysts to some players than the whales is some BS.
    Can you show me any game, PC/Mobile/Console that does what you're asking? Anything with a competitive tier/progression system in it like MCOC.
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 906 ★★★

This discussion has been closed.