**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who would you use a generic R3 gem on and why?

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
edited July 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Please assume you can only make one rank up, instead of many, and so please make the best case for the champion you chose.

Who would you use a generic R3 gem on and why? 59 votes

Scarlet Witch (Sigil) (can awaken)
10%
B_Dizzle_01TheExit2730ishLBN1CederIron_J3 6 votes
Knull (awakened)
28%
TendersquadAleorLuke9523TripleBOmedennChaosMax1012sherin_66qm44Draconic_12SanDiegoFontainewillrun4adonutFrostGiantLordLickyDarthGuacamoleGunner14mbgibsonWong_99 17 votes
Mister Negative (awakened)
6%
ThatGuyYouSaw235pseudosaneFinal_Order007Bishop 4 votes
Nimrod (unawakened)
33%
DuMonUIKONspiderbites0196Colinwhitworth69Rockypantherx_Sham_EtjamaKRANꓘAMS94FiiNCHUnio77Gr8TonyStarkTheBair123ramsey8582InsaneSkullZAHIDMALIK1588Shivacrux999ozzPj34sxakhll 20 votes
Captain America Sam Wilson (unawakened)
1%
L1zardW1zard 1 vote
Shang-Chi (unawakened)
11%
yuwMalreck04Amazing_Demon05Soyheyor123QazzyScrubhanMackey 7 votes
Mister Fantastic (unawakened)
3%
Oddkinsons7PowerOfACandle 2 votes
Jabari Panther (unawakened)
0%
Silver Centurion (unawakened)
0%
The Overseer
3%
Barri8MrChunky 2 votes
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    The Overseer is unawakened*
    Adding an image of the R3s and R4 at my disposal as per @SpideyFunko ’s suggestion:

• MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    Shang-Chi (unawakened)
    Whoever you enjoy using the most, and use the most for that matter. No point asking other people who you should rank up unless you're early in the game and dont know who will help with what (by looks of it, you should know what you're doing), it's not their profile at the end of the day.

That said, I would probably go with Shang Chi because I enjoy using him
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    Nimrod (unawakened)
    If these were my only options, I'd save the gem for future
    If I had to do someone for some reason (assuming a gem is gonna expire soon) then I'd go with Nimrod
    2nd best is Knull & Knull is definitely the better defender out of these 2
    So if u need an attacker defender combo then go with Knull
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Nimrod (unawakened)
    Hotrod can easily clear an entire class of champs as well as non-mutant champs or nodes that have regen or prowess. Plus he's double immune and hits incredibly hard, and his sig ability increases the damage duration.
  • Mister Negative (awakened)
    I would do MrN or Nimrod. You do seem light on mutants though, nobody else good to r3?

I would do MrN or Nimrod. You do seem light on mutants though, nobody else good to r3?

Good observation. It’s just that I have so many Mutants at 5/65. The only ones I’m tempted to R3 are duped Storm or duped Gambit.
  • Mister Negative (awakened)
    Rookiie said:

Good observation. It’s just that I have so many Mutants at 5/65. The only ones I’m tempted to R3 are duped Storm or duped Gambit.
    If you had someone like AA/havok id def r3. the power creep is quite substantial.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Sigil Witch - Not the best option here, but a fun rank up and is also cool to just say “I have a rank 3 Sigil Witch”. I’m also slightly jealous so

Knull - Absolute beast, good damage and utility and makes and roster better by being there

Mister Negative - I refer to @BitterSteel but he is incredible when played right with skill so I feel as if he is definitely worthy of a generic gem

Nimrod - Mutant killing machine, however looking at your techs already I don’t know if I’d commit to him

Captain America (Sam Wilson) - Same with Nimrod, but he could be incredibly useful in battlegrounds

Shang-Chi - Solid skill rank up with plenty of utility, however again I think some other classes should be shown love.

Mister Fantastic - He’s unawakened, so I wouldn’t choose him unless you are a really big fan

Jabari Panther - Compared to the rest of the champs on this list I don’t know if I’d consider her either, however skilled play could result in a solid payoff if you do rank her up (see buddy Lee vids for more)

Silver Centurion - Not the tech I would pick, contrary to what @Demonzfyre would have believe.

Overseer - Sleeper pick for sure, as he’s got his uses and can definitely bolster your roster, but I think some other champs here are more deserving of your gem.

Personally I would go for either Knull, Mr. Negative, or Shang-Chi.
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 531 ★★★★
    Tbf R3 gems are mainly to work around catalysts. If you have one you should use it when you’re out of resources to rank up a champ. Really only awakening gems are dependent on what champ you put them into
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Shang-Chi (unawakened)
    Been using him at r2 and he's just so satisfying. Kinda tempted to give him my r3 gem but I'm gonna save it for now.
    Beewee said:

Tbf R3 gems are mainly to work around catalysts. If you have one you should use it when you’re out of resources to rank up a champ. Really only awakening gems are dependent on what champ you put them into

Currently out of resources to rank up a champ @Beewee - if I made it seem otherwise then my bad

Sigil Witch - Not the best option here, but a fun rank up and is also cool to just say “I have a rank 3 Sigil Witch”. I’m also slightly jealous so

Knull - Absolute beast, good damage and utility and makes and roster better by being there

Mister Negative - I refer to @BitterSteel but he is incredible when played right with skill so I feel as if he is definitely worthy of a generic gem

Nimrod - Mutant killing machine, however looking at your techs already I don’t know if I’d commit to him

Captain America (Sam Wilson) - Same with Nimrod, but he could be incredibly useful in battlegrounds

Shang-Chi - Solid skill rank up with plenty of utility, however again I think some other classes should be shown love.

Mister Fantastic - He’s unawakened, so I wouldn’t choose him unless you are a really big fan

Jabari Panther - Compared to the rest of the champs on this list I don’t know if I’d consider her either, however skilled play could result in a solid payoff if you do rank her up (see buddy Lee vids for more)

Silver Centurion - Not the tech I would pick, contrary to what @Demonzfyre would have believe.

Overseer - Sleeper pick for sure, as he’s got his uses and can definitely bolster your roster, but I think some other champs here are more deserving of your gem.

Dude - loved your comment. Super helpful reading your perspective and comparing it against my own.

I would take up Mister Fantastic without thinking about it, but he’s unawakened and I’d much rather have my R3s awakened.

You’re right about Shang-Chi. I’ve been hesitant to take him to R3 mainly because I’ve got 3 Skill R3s already and other areas are lacking. Being unduped is also a factor. Same goes for Nimrod and Knull (though Knull is duped).

I think when it comes down to it, I’m going to rank Sigil Witch or Mister Negative. She is an unbelievable damage dealer. Mister Negative has got so much utility but I’m struggling to get the best out of him. But yeah it’s gonna be one of those 2 methinks.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    Nimrod (unawakened)
    Godrod definitely in my eyes.
    I'd put Knull in a close second though
  • PGK88PGK88 Posts: 84
    Rookiie said:

Dude - loved your comment. Super helpful reading your perspective and comparing it against my own.

I would take up Mister Fantastic without thinking about it, but he’s unawakened and I’d much rather have my R3s awakened.

You’re right about Shang-Chi. I’ve been hesitant to take him to R3 mainly because I’ve got 3 Skill R3s already and other areas are lacking. Being unduped is also a factor. Same goes for Nimrod and Knull (though Knull is duped).

I think when it comes down to it, I’m going to rank Sigil Witch or Mister Negative. She is an unbelievable damage dealer. Mister Negative has got so much utility but I’m struggling to get the best out of him. But yeah it’s gonna be one of those 2 methinks.
    Go for the Sigil Witch. I R3ed mine and she hits hard. :)
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

relatively speaking it should be mister negative

but I think you should take up sigil witch
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

S.C but only if awakened and could dedicate sigs too.

My suggestion out of all of these would be Knull. Doesn't need the dupe unlike most of the rest of the champs in question. You get all the utility of Knull without being duped.

Jabari would be another where you don't NEED the dupe but is a beast regardless. Totally slept on in terms of usability.

MrN would be my 3rd suggestion but has a high skill cap to play.
    Rookiie said:

Beewee said:

Currently out of resources to rank up a champ @Beewee - if I made it seem otherwise then my bad
    Depending on where you are in the game. If you have story content still left you will probs want to do shang. If youre more war focused then nimrod is the answer
    Beewee said:

Rookiie said:

Beewee said:

Depending on where you are in the game. If you have story content still left you will probs want to do shang. If youre more war focused then nimrod is the answer

Insightful! Yeah I don’t play competitively - currently exploring Act 6. Do you know much about Mister Negative?
    PGK88 said:

Rookiie said:

Go for the Sigil Witch. I R3ed mine and she hits hard. :)

She’s winning the race along with Mister N tbh.
  • Final_OrderFinal_Order Posts: 119
    Mister Negative (awakened)
    Well, he's one of my favourite champs, if I had him as a 6*, I'd R3 him immediately
    Rookiie said:

Beewee said:

Rookiie said:

Beewee said:

Insightful! Yeah I don’t play competitively - currently exploring Act 6. Do you know much about Mister Negative?
    Very fun champ. Great in a lot of annoying mystic matchups
  • Iron_J3Iron_J3 Posts: 269
    Scarlet Witch (Sigil) (can awaken)

Little late to this and stumbled upon it. I love Sigil Witch. I love both SW’s. OG SW is still a beast. She’s not pre 12.0, of course. But, my 5/3/45/sig45 does tons. Only have Sigil as maxed 4* and she is super fun and awesome. Hoping to get Sigil as 5 or 6.
  • Wong_99Wong_99 Posts: 406 ★★
    Knull (awakened)
    Iron_J3 said:

Little late to this and stumbled upon it. I love Sigil Witch. I love both SW’s. OG SW is still a beast. She’s not pre 12.0, of course. But, my 5/3/45/sig45 does tons. Only have Sigil as maxed 4* and she is super fun and awesome. Hoping to get Sigil as 5 or 6.
    Bruh. PLEASE DO NOT BRING BACK POSTS!!!!