**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This July, are YOU ready to take on the Fight of the Valkyrie!?

13»

Comments

• BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    The Mangog boss on Master difficulty is difficult only when your game crashes a lot and instead of being able to start with my health where it should be I lose health I didn't lose, but Mangog is full health. It would be nice if when a game crashes the percentage for each champion would be where it last left off instead of punishing the player for something he or she can't control.
  • GoofballanatotGoofballanatot Posts: 125

The special objective where you get 40k ore is that for uncollected and above or all levels of progression

The special objective where you get 40k ore is that for uncollected and above or all levels of progression because my son is proven and does not have the special objectives?

I don’t see anything saying that is progression beaded but I also could have missed where it was stated.

Thank you for any answer.

I should of tagged someone and I do apologize for that in advance, thank you all again and have a great weekend!!!

@kabam Jax

• CelticSamuraiCelticSamurai Posts: 12
    Unable to access these quests and Eternity of Pain right now. Was just in the middle of grinding E.o.P. What's going on?
  • Unable to access these quests and Eternity of Pain right now. Was just in the middle of grinding E.o.P. What's going on?

The team's working on fixing the issue, though it'll take some time for the fix to reach everyone.
  • Madcow911Madcow911 Posts: 3
    You didn't mention if we quit the quest that our star mine coordinates wouldn't be refunded??
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,421 Guardian
    Madcow911 said:

You didn't mention if we quit the quest that our star mine coordinates wouldn't be refunded??

Think about it. If you entered the fight, did a bunch of fights (in which you earn Star Ore instantly after each fight), and then quit, you would still have the Ore.

Now if your entry ticket (coordinates) were returned to you upon a quit, and re-use the entry ticket again (and again, and again), you could scam your way to infinite amount of Star Ore.

Yes, there aren’t infinite amount of stuff in the store in order to buy with it, but you could be a very weak player, and just get by with only doing 1 fight per quest before dying, and you could still max out all available store items available to you within the very first day.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    I am liking this SQ ...good 6* shards and 2 mil gold .. pretty good i'd say
  • iuliy878iuliy878 Posts: 7
    Fix the server issue first....... its unplayable... it not fun not skilled
  • Is there another way to get the event cavs shards? I only found some in the Valkyrie store(the crystals that cost 2,000 shards)
  • Extremely frustrated to find out that after buying EVERY possible reward at my current level, I’m 12,000 short of the top reward… Poor form Kabam. Or poor math; either way, I’d be embarrassed.
  • Above is retracted 🤣🤣
  • LavaeLavae Posts: 1
    Hey
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    Lavae said:

Hey

Huhu
  • OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 247
    What happens to excess ore after event ends? Will it get converted to gold? If so, I have like 10 unused tickets and already bought everything so might be worth it for the gold.
  • PoethellPoethell Posts: 119
    Probably turn into gold on a 1~1 basis
  • I bought the shop empty a week ago as far as my level allowed. Now I have 200,000 star ore left. I still haven't found an answer as to what happens to the rest of the ore.
    I hope that you can at least convert it into gold so that the next milestones can still be reached.
    Many would be happy to receive feedback.
    @kabam
  • Kabam has said they will NOT convert to Gold.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★

Kabam has said they will NOT convert to Gold.

Where is that post? Been looking for it.
  • Bugmat78 said:

Where is that post? Been looking for it.

Leftover Ore will not be converted.
    So don’t have to bother even doing rest of Side Quest runs once you have bought everything in Store that you are allowed to for your progression. Keep in mind there is still some Ore coming in final 1-2 days of calendars too.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/310017/remaining-star-ore

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    I want to take a moment to point out some design principles I really liked with this event:

1) choose your rewards / order of rewards. I needed t5b early in the month. I got it. I wanted to gamble on shards late. I did it. If the r4 mats didn’t make a difference between ranking a champ and not, I could wait and get lots of smaller stuff early.

2) did not require 100% of content. I know people were hoping that ore would be turned to good, but regardless of that decision, I appreciate either not having to run it 28x or being able to run lower difficulties and still get what I want

3) the difficulty was manageable. I was able to slog through it itemless (but a bit slow) on my Cav account and comfortably complete it with my TB roster. This could’ve been worse depending on champions selected and the blind fights. Kabam avoided a misstep there imo.

Lots of players who didn’t explore act 7 as it was released are now trying to get it done by cyber weekend so they can reach paragon. A less grindy event (especially alongside the items-only EQ offers) gave a great opportunity to dive into story content.