**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam, stop starving players of gold

Comments

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★

Why do you want us to be gold poor? Gold is an essential resource in this game. You even made it so essential that we have to spend it when using a Rank Up Gem (which makes 0 sense since the purpose of the rank up gem is so that we DON'T have to use resources). This offer should have had AT LEAST 1M gold. Sheezus are you stuck in 2015?

Buying crystals builds up gold fast.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Cyimgood said:

Gold should be given away. It’s hard enough to get the other resources, gold shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t have time to farm Arena, play incursions, SQ, EQ, etc.. but when you dupe a toon and they give you 24 5k shards that would cost 180k in gold and they give you 1,163. That math doesn’t add up. When you dupe a toon, the gold should match the cost of the class iso you receive. So many players in this game can’t afford to rank up toons because gold is a scarcity if you don’t have the time to spend your whole life grinding this game.

The ISO is to rank up your champ. You can't think of it in terms of it's "worth" in gold. That's just not how it works.
  • VegetaNoOujiVegetaNoOuji Posts: 57
    edited July 2022
    "Cavalier" gold offer. Cool. Guess thronebreaker and paragon only need a mil or two too. I'll pass on 1m for $9

Can grind a mil in not too long, it's soul rending but better than paying that extortionate amount for a pittance. That's barely a single high end rank up.
  • KennyPLKennyPL Posts: 114 ★★
    edited July 2022
    Wrong thread, sorry
  • FuriousImpalerFuriousImpaler Posts: 50
    9.99 for $1,000,000 gold was too much to pass on
  • VegetaNoOujiVegetaNoOuji Posts: 57
    edited July 2022

"Cavalier" gold offer. Cool. Guess thronebreaker and paragon only need a mil or two too. I'll pass on 1m for $9

Can grind a mil in not too long, it's soul rending but better than paying that extortionate amount for a pittance. That's barely a single high end rank up.

If people can Grind for a mil in not too long, why the talk of a Gold shortage?
    Because it's exactly that, a grind. People don't want to grind out every arena. It's soul rending to say the least. But as I say, I'd rather that than pay $9 for 1m because they can't differentiate paragons/tb from Cav. It's not even a r2>3 plus leveling.

Hell. I'm struggling more with iso tbh.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Because it's exactly that, a grind. People don't want to grind out every arena. It's soul rending to say the least. But as I say, I'd rather that than pay $9 for 1m because they can't differentiate paragons/tb from Cav. It's not even a r2>3 plus leveling.

There are a few problems here.
    First of all, it's a grind because it's effort over time. It's not even that difficult. It's just repetitive. Which basically makes it easier. I Grind while I'm doing my everyday things.
    Secondly, an Offer for 1M Gold for 10 bucks is historically a bargain.
    Thirdly, it's not a one-stop for all the Gold we need ad infinitum. It's another source. There are many in the game. The problem is we can't choose to isolate our Ranking choices to the highest Rarity alone and not expect the rate of saving to diminish.
    TL:DR - Takes time to Rank 6*s.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    edited July 2022
    Just to add my two cents. I’m a regular arena grinder though not a hardcore one. I have no issues with gold because of arena and because I level up / rank up sparingly and when the 22h event is on, and only to the 4th milestone.

Now, I understand that not everyone will have time or the will to grind the same way. Other games have an additional currency that allows for offline grinding, i.e. a mode that will give you a certain amount of resources next time you log in.
    I don’t see why that shouldn’t be possible in mcoc.
    It could bring those people up to a minimum while still based on your roster and progression while, and able to procure more from free crystals and offers.
    Thoughts?
    _Sham_ said:

I only rankup 6* and I don't have any gold issue and I rarely do Arena.

I did had iso8 issue but I solved it by not opening my crystals (below 5*) unless i need to rankup a champ.

Also auto doing monthly lowest difficulty helps alot.

It is not just 6* rankup you just have to stop ranking up every other champ in any rarity. Also I only rankup during levelup event and stop when I get all milestones and wait 3 days for next one.

Actually, Ranking lower Champs during Events is a cheaper way to hit those Milestones. The misconception is that it's a waste. What it does is add to the flow.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

_Sham_ said:

I did had iso8 issue but I solved it by not opening my crystals (below 5*) unless i need to rankup a champ.

It is not just 6* rankup you just have to stop ranking up every other champ in any rarity. Also I only rankup during levelup event and stop when I get all milestones and wait 3 days for next one.

Actually, Ranking lower Champs during Events is a cheaper way to hit those Milestones. The misconception is that it's a waste. What it does is add to the flow.
    I think his point is more to not just constantly rank up every single champ you have for the sake of maxing out your champs.

Now of course if you're trying to hit event milestones and you don't have the 5 or 6* you want to rank up, you go to the lesser champs just to get the milestones. If you're ranking your 5 or 6's you use the lesser champs to finish off the milestones or make a push for rank rewards.

The point overall is resource management. And if you don't have that as part of your game and constantly running into shortages, you're the only one to blame.

Op says he doesn't want to grind arenas. Well then, sell your arena boosts for gold. Resource management means how to best utilize your resources. Like not so bright people have things expiring in their stash and they rush to use them needlessly. Why? Sell them for gold. Iso expiring? Why rush to rank someone that depletes you of cats and gold when you can sell, keep your cats for who you want and build up gold which you need.

Hoarding a ton of lesser hero crystal shards? Why? Open them up, improve your dupe situation and sell the iso for gold. Do it during class advancement events to hit milestones. And get more better tier shards for the next bigger crystal.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    crogs said:

_Sham_ said:

I think his point is more to not just constantly rank up every single champ you have for the sake of maxing out your champs.

Now of course if you're trying to hit event milestones and you don't have the 5 or 6* you want to rank up, you go to the lesser champs just to get the milestones. If you're ranking your 5 or 6's you use the lesser champs to finish off the milestones or make a push for rank rewards.

The point overall is resource management. And if you don't have that as part of your game and constantly running into shortages, you're the only one to blame.

Op says he doesn't want to grind arenas. Well then, sell your arena boosts for gold. Resource management means how to best utilize your resources. Like not so bright people have things expiring in their stash and they rush to use them needlessly. Why? Sell them for gold. Iso expiring? Why rush to rank someone that depletes you of cats and gold when you can sell, keep your cats for who you want and build up gold which you need.

Hoarding a ton of lesser hero crystal shards? Why? Open them up, improve your dupe situation and sell the iso for gold. Do it during class advancement events to hit milestones. And get more better tier shards for the next bigger crystal.
    Exactly. I gained most of my initial Fortune from a combination of things including:

•Auto fought lower level difficulty event Quest and daily quests for resources.

•Casual grinding the summoner trials for battlechips.

•Max ranked all of my two and three-star champions so that way any excess Catalysts gained could be sold for fragments and gold.

•Selling off items I didn't use like Arena boosts.

•Went on a moratorium on all rank-ups and just sold off all of my ISO for 3 months.

And then throw in the occasional Halls of Fortune event and I went from living gold Crystal to Gold Crystal to having over 20 million with an excess of resources to where I can afford to take people up if I need to. And yes it will still work and it was still a lot of sacrifice and patience but it's possible to do it no matter what your approach to the game is. That being said I won't discount the fact that there could always be an increase to the amount of gold given in events and Rewards but it's possible, what matters above all is that it is possible.
    crogs said:

_Sham_ said:

I agree, 100%. I've said it many times. Half the battle is spending habits.

crogs said:

_Sham_ said:

Exactly. I gained most of my initial Fortune from a combination of things including:

•Auto fought lower level difficulty event Quest and daily quests for resources.

•Casual grinding the summoner trials for battlechips.

•Max ranked all of my two and three-star champions so that way any excess Catalysts gained could be sold for fragments and gold.

•Selling off items I didn't use like Arena boosts.

•Went on a moratorium on all rank-ups and just sold off all of my ISO for 3 months.

And then throw in the occasional Halls of Fortune event and I went from living gold Crystal to Gold Crystal to having over 20 million with an excess of resources to where I can afford to take people up if I need to. And yes it will still work and it was still a lot of sacrifice and patience but it's possible to do it no matter what your approach to the game is. That being said I won't discount the fact that there could always be an increase to the amount of gold given in events and Rewards but it's possible, what matters above all is that it is possible.
    Big fan of autofight easy content. If you're not going to use energy, then start a normal, heroic (or master for some) quest and go about your business. Especially during combat solo events. Focus on the lower energy ones during them. Focus on higher energy during completion events. And excess energy do easy road quests to finish off class combat events.

There are many easy things to do in the game that require little effort for decent rewards.

Also... Hop on marvel insiders and check off when you complete monthly EQ's. Easy rewards there too for stuff you're doing already.
    Unio77 said:

Everybody screaming "jUsT dO aReNa" as if most of us here have the time for that.

Actually many have posted other options, easy ones too. Yet the whiners focus on the arena comment. Basically says you don't want to hear solutions. You just want kabam to give you more gold.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    crogs said:

Unio77 said:

Everybody screaming "jUsT dO aReNa" as if most of us here have the time for that.

Actually many have posted other options, easy ones too. Yet the whiners focus on the arena comment. Basically says you don't want to hear solutions. You just want kabam to give you more gold.
    I've been playing the game for a few years now so I know how things work. I try to explore side and event quests every month and even do incursions here and there.
    Without even knowing my situation your already making a judgement that I don't want to hear solutions and I just want handouts.
    Do better 💀
    Unio77 said:

crogs said:

Unio77 said:

I've been playing the game for a few years now so I know how things work. I try to explore side and event quests every month and even do incursions here and there.
    Without even knowing my situation your already making a judgement that I don't want to hear solutions and I just want handouts.
    Do better 💀
    Me do better? You went through the whole thread and all you had to say was to whine about arena. But I need to do better. Right.

And... Ooooo... A few years. Such a seasoned vet you are. 🙄
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    crogs said:

Unio77 said:

crogs said:

Unio77 said:

Do better 💀
    Me do better? You went through the whole thread and all you had to say was to whine about arena. But I need to do better. Right.

And... Ooooo... A few years. Such a seasoned vet you are. 🙄
    Why are you so pressed about a comment about arena as if I'm wrong. To get the amounts of gold everybody is talking about you'll need to dedicate time to the effort which most people don't have.
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    Even doing eq monthly, sq daily, and incursions and story people are having severe gold problem just for basic and even a few selected rankups.

Just fyi what i have seen a 5 star takes 3 million golds to rank up from rank 1 to rank 5. Now someone just bring that amount through calculation to show that even a months worth of sq eq is enough to not say we are not starving out of golds.

Remember that's just for 1 5 star max!!!
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★

ItsDamien said:

Maybe try and do some more arena where the main source of gold is. Offers like what you posted aren't intended to be a main source of any resource.

Maybe they could add it to content that the majority of the player base doesn’t hate?
    And which content would that be? EQ? SQ? Story? Incursions? The playerbase mostly hates all of that too.
    So basically what you're saying is, everyone playing this game hates it but still plays it anyway?
    Yes