**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What do you mean by 100% resistant ?

2»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    By the way, I also think it is important to point out that the title of this thread contains an error. Silver Surfer says he takes -100% less damage from shock debuffs. As far as I am aware, that is *not* synonymous with 100% resistance to shock. 100% resistance to shock means you will never take damage from shock damage effects at all, ever. -100% less damage means the incoming damage from shock effects (debuffs in this specific case) are reduced by 100%.

You might think these two things mean the same thing, and they would, if it wasn't for the fact that other damage modifying effects exist. For example, let's say that Silver Surfer was under the effect of a node that says "you take 100% more damage from shock effects." If he was 100% resistant to shock, he would still take zero damage from shock. But as he is taking -100% damage, the game would first subtract 100% from the incoming damage, then add 100% to the incoming damage, and Silver Surfer would take a net 100% of the incoming shock damage (assuming of course this is a debuff).

Never paraphrase, even in your own head, without knowing what the effects mean. -100% damage means -100% damage. It does not mean 100% resistance to damage. This is independent of the debuff/passive distinction (although it is probably why Silver Surfer is not 100% resistant, as resistances do not normally distinguish between debuffs and passive effects).
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    edited July 2022
    Thank you all for the explanations but i recently decided to take a pause with this game.

- Too many bugs for more than a years
    - Too many lags
    - Boring and repetitive side quests
    - Boring, costly (even if did manage well) and repetitive AQ
    - Incursions, was nice but nearly no one i know ever play them and with the automatic selection you end up with a mor… who leave after 3 rooms
    - Battlegrounds ? That cheaters infested game mode ? The only advice i found useful is to play it until you get between rank 200 to 500 and stop playing to be sure to stay there. If you go up you end up against full time youtubers or cheaters
    - EoP ? When you go in a fight where you have a window of 5 seconds to fire your sp but cannot fire it because a bug will make your opponent auto-block and counter attack with 21k damage… well lets say i find no more fun with the game, only frustration and boringness.

I am not a newbie, spent decent amount of money and have a nice roster but collecting champions is not enough for me.
    If i can’t find fun in a game, i will not spend anymore in it.

Perhaps i will revert to F2P without alliance and see if i can find some fun but kabam will not have a penny until they seriously fix their game and make it fun again and not simply a race of whale