**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bishop

BluntMacheteBluntMachete Posts: 134
edited July 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Is it just me or is Bishop insanely over powered with very few counters?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 358 ★★★
    OG vision, AOU Vision, Ghost, Warlock, Colossus, Void, Antivenom, War Machine, Cap SW, Howard (with Bishop synergy), P99, Peni, even Starky can do it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Big part of fighting Bishop is knowing who not to use. At first blush, Nimrod seems like an obvious counter, but his energy damage feeds Bishop. Peni is great usually but her Sp2 incinerates, which is a no-no. Mystics—well, most of them don’t fare well.

Good chart @Ercarret

Dr. Zola
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,032 ★★★★★

OG vision, AOU Vision, Ghost, Warlock, Colossus, Void, Antivenom, War Machine, Cap SW, Howard (with Bishop synergy), P99, Peni, even Starky can do it.

You forgot my all-time favorite Bishop counter: Vulture. Really nice with his power drain.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 882 ★★★
    Yondu now
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,903 ★★★★★
    Silver Surfer is a favorite of mine. He has 100% incinerate resistance, so the steady release off the sp1 just gives you free willpower healing and additional physical burst damage. Additionally, if you time things right you can just use his heavy phase mechanic to bypass Bishop’s tricky to dex specials.

I use my r4 surfer against Bishop in Battlegrounds pretty much every time and he absolutely rinses him.
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 341 ★★★
    I have no idea how I missed this in my previous comment but high sig angela is great for bishop too. I have used my rank 4 against bishops in war on multiple occasions. Easy fight.
  • CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 775 ★★★
    Punisher 2099, red hulk
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    This thread will come in handy
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    I use six star Bishop in Alliance Quest and if the opponent is fireproof, that usually gives me a lot more grief than anything else so it really comes down to how many Prowler charges he has as well as whether or not the opponent is Fireproof
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    edited July 2022
    ChiliDog said:

Yondu now

People go "Lol" to your comment but it's true.

I used Yondu vs a few Bishops not to long ago and yup. He cuts him up VERY nicely.

Now you may go "But doesn't he make him bleed to overload?" Yeah but bleeds don't give him any prowess so he's just overloaded with no damage to you unlike Shock or Incinerate where he gains and loses prowess just by having them on unlike bleed and since Yondu is Tech, he gains no prowess from being hit.

"But doesn't he have unblockable specials". This is where Yondu's sig comes into play. Mine is only sig 20 and I can't always fully dodge Bishop's sp2 but so what? I just got hit by the end of it and has the Incinerate on Yondu. The last hit did like 2% (Bishop had about 8k attack) due to having at least 4 weakness on Bishop and the following Incinerate was just free willpower cuz it's so weak.

Point is. Yondu IS a Bishop counter.
  • I've moved this to Strategy & Tips as it's filled with useful advice that might benefit someone in the future.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Ultron works for Bishop
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    Yondu is a Bishop slayer now. Love my 5/65.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

He wasn’t mentioned above but I’ve been using Ultron vs most bishops.

Ultron buff was terrific. He was my first max sig 4*, but the 6* continues to elude me.

Dr. Zola